Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Quote Originally Posted by gavv
    i wasn't meant to compare this year to CA Extreme per se, just based on my 2 yr old recollection of how the arcade was, at that previous level i thought it would have been enough to be worth it, with everything else included.

gavv
    Fear not, gavv. We'll have the arcade bigger than ever next year. The logistics of getting everything running in San Jose as well as running an E3 exhibit (which actually had MORE arcade games than we could pull together for CGE) was a one-year anomaly. Believe me, we all went into the show this year knowing that was our one weakness on the floor. Now it's going to be our primary focal point.
    and if i may add, try and come up with some more official or at least semi-official after main hall hours activities ^^ (perhaps smaller room set up for more console play? tourney play? perhaps any misc videos that wouldn't fit into a presentation show in a panel room post-auction, something ^_^). My experience running what's now a 10,000 person con has always told me you can never have too many things to do ^^.

gavv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superstonic
    Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar
    I just can't remember seeing anybody in the back of any of the games, other than the Computer Space. I'm sure a couple of those could have been made working with a little bit of effort and maybe having some common parts (power supplies and what not).
    I probably spent more time in the back of Jerry's Pong than anything else (getting or returning his tools)

Believe me, I wish the ones that were broke were simple fixes, but as I said they weren't. Space Duel has a bad flyback, Warlords has a bad pcb - same with Wheels (we even have 2 spare pcbs for it - all shot). The other Drag Race has at least a bad pcb, possibly more. Q*bert's Qubes had a bad power supply (a replacement was in-route to the show, but never arrived in time). Quadra Pong needs either monitor or pcb work (or both), plus the cab is in dire need of repair. Bonanza Bros and Mousetrap I didn't even get to look at.

How about this.. Next year, I will volunteer my services to work on the coin ops and help keep them running. I would have been willing to do it this year, but not having permission to be in the backs of games that aren't mine kept me from even considering it. If I know up front, I can even bring the necessary tools (provided TSA doesn't throw a fit about them!! )
    Cool! Consider yourself on the team I took some parts back with me to fix (I thought for sure TSA would question me about the Space Duel HV cage, but they didn't...), but I didn't have time to bring everything that was bad, or even to diagnose what what wrong with every game :/
    Done! Tell me what to bring and I'll do it!! Though I'll still say I can do a lot more for the show if Joe and John will just move it to Dallas. Can anyone say, EDOT??

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Well Joe, CGE this year was a blast. I'm so glad that I was able to help in whatever manner I did for you all.

With that said, let me know when the site is confirmed for next year. I'll get on mapping out the area and getting whatever else I can prepped for next spring. I know whats expected and am ready to help even more this time around Joe.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog