Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Play Messiah's LE Wireless NES controllers

Not sure if anybody has read up on these, I'm sure some of you have read about them or seen them. They were to be debuted at CGE. Anyways, I preordered mine for $53.xx and they said the ship date was Sept. 1st, after their return from CGE.

Anyways, I expected this to be much like the anxiously awaited DP Advance Guide as it says it will ship Sept 1st upon return from CGE. It's much the same, preorders are paid in full and Sept 1st is an approximate. Sept. 1st was the closest well rounded date, or as I see it.

Tonight, I got an email from Messiah saying that they had received my preorder(preordered quite some time ago) and it says that they received payment, which they've already done once. Anyways, then it says they will ship in mid to late september. And thanks for purchasing.

Anyways, I emailed them back asking for an explanation as to why there was a holdup. I mean, I don't want to be a complete crabass about it but I did send them $50 a while ago and they pushed the shipment date back about 3 weeks.

So, the real reason I'm posting:

Did anybody else preorder these controllers?
    Anybody pick some up at CGE?
    Anybody think they oversold what they thought they would at CGE?
    Any preorderers receive an email stating a different date?

And finally, does anybody think I stepped across the line by even emailing them? I don't think I'm too far across the line because, I'm nearly 100% sure that if there was a couple week delay on everyones DP guides, Mr. DP himself would post here and let people know that it was going to be an extra little while and most people would be ok with that.

What did CGE Go'ers think of them?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nesuser2,

I am sorry you feel the way you do. We had full intentions to sell the product at CGE2k4 and ship the product on September 1st. The truth is that we did not sell any Wireless controllers at all at CGE. We took 20 production samples with us to the show for both NES and SNES. Those literally got to the US the day before the show.

We had several delays in the tooling that held things up a little. The tooling is the mold that is used to inject the liquid metal and form the parts of the controller. We also had some minor bugs in the product that need to be fixed as well. We made the decision at CGE not to sell any. We did not want you to pay $50 for a product that was not perfect. We believe in delivering the best possible product and are looking out for you the GAMER by delaying the product.

Despite the fact that product had bugs... many people begged us to sell the controller to them but we would not. We did raffle 1 NES and 1 SNES each day so that 4 people could go home with an early sample unit.

About the email that you received... that was a mistake that one of our staff made. The message you were supposed to get was explaining what happened. If you don't want to wait for the product we would be more than willing to refund your money. We apologize for the way you feel we are truly looking out for you.

Sincerely,
    Brad Strahle
    VP of Product Development
    Messiah Entertainment

2.4 GHz Wireless NES Controller
    2.4 GHz Wireless SNES Controller

Don't forget to checkout www.playmessiah.com

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played those Messiah controllers a couple times at the CGE, as soon as my bank account recovers from my lack of self control at the convention I definately will have to order some...

Oh well in the meantime I will have to tide myself over with the A & B keg stools from their booth...

Man I'm sure they will fix they're production issue and get the things out soon, I mean they are a small company, and it's not like as consumers we have a whole lot of choice, companies aren't clamoring to support near decades long dead hardware...

Man that messiah guy responded in like a half hour... I guess they must be monitoring the boards; that's some pretty fast feedback though.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I'm the one that's sorry. I shouldn't have jumped the gun and posted but i knew that DP was affiliated and figured some other consumers might be able to help me out but it looks like you've answered all my questions. If there's a delay that's fine, but I just want to know what's going on.

Again, I'm sorry for jumping the gun but there's little I can do to retract my statements now. Hope things work out for the controllers and I'll look forward to receiving mine when they are up to par. Thanks for the expedited response as well!

Addition, I had the previous part typed up before the 2nd reply and I just want to add that it was a VERY fast response. I'll just have to sit tight and wait for my goods.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nesuser2
    Again, I'm sorry for jumping the gun but there's little I can do to retract my statements now.
    you could always edit your post, I won't tell...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks guys for the understanding.... it is kind of funny though, because I get copied on all the emails that get sent from Messiah to our customers. I read the one that went to nesuser2 and asked the staff why they sent that message. It turns out the staff member saw the messages that I was sending to all the people from CGE that ordered the product so my staff thought that was what we should send to the customers that had already so the same message was sent that we sent to first time orders. So we had a long conversation about how that was not good customer service.... so we had the conversation at our office about giving the customers a reason when there is a delay and then it pops up hear at DP

About monitoring the boards... I was just lucky... I had just got home from the office. Kind of sucks... my house is 75 miles from the office But I guess it is worth it because it is a great place. I do monitor how people get to our site... so I noticed a new Digital Press link appear... So I searched around for it and this is what I found.

I am ok if you don't edit posts... we really appreciate comments from everyone. This is how we get better as Company and make improvements to both the product and our customer service. Plus... I agreed with what nesuser2 was saying.

Although I was a little upset about another post on Digital Press... I thought we were very honest at CGE about the product being still in the prototype stage and that many changes needed to occur yet someone feels the need to say the product feels cheap and is no good. Sooo NOTE TO SELF... don't show the product to people until it is 100% finished

PhoeniX...
    I hope you enjoy the A-B Keg Stools. Please let us know how the cushions hold up... we are actually planning Super FamiCom stools for a future show that each has a different colored seat.

Thanks again guys... I can't wait to hear your feed back when you get the product.

Brad

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default gh

Can't say I've heard of these controllers...is there a link with some more info on them? THey sure sound interesting...

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was damned happy with the controllers myself. Thought they felt very professional and worked EXTREMELY well. I was happy to preorder one at the show. For a new product, they're very nice. The D-pad will take a bit of getting used to, but they're quite comfortable. Kudos for laying out the $ for such a speculative investment, and I hope we cal all make it pay off!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Default Re: gh

Quote Originally Posted by rbudrick
    Can't say I've heard of these controllers...is there a link with some more info on them? THey sure sound interesting...

-Rob
    www.playmessiah.com
    Egbert, I miss you...

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

excellent controllers guys! I meant to preorder mine first thing so i could snag a low production number, but looks like I missed out and ended up spending too much money on other stuff. the first thing i did when i walked through the doors at cge at 9:00 in the morning was hit up your booth. I was quite impressed and later I found myself sitting on your couches numerous times playing galaga and super mario world with these lovely controllers. Once i have some more bills these are definately going in my collection. very impressive!

-Josh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed! The time I spent with them at CGE was more than enough to convince me that I need a set for both the nes and snes. They seemed very comfortable and worked great! Made it all the better when they called and told me I won the set of nes controllers they gave away on sunday! I wish I had still been at the show instead of sitting at the airport, but they were nice enough to ship them to me, so I should have them today. If anybody in the dfw area wants to check them out firsthand, you're more than welcome to try mine!

98PaceCar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

These controllers are supposed to make an appearance at OKGE as well. I'm hoping to check 'em out first hand as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just wanted to say again that I am very impressed with the controllers that were shown. I was one of the guys who was begging them to sell it to me, but they wouldn't. I have to say that its refreshing to see a company that only wants the best for its customers. That said, once I get some money (spent it all at the show ) I'll be putting in an order. Hopefully it won't be too long. Keep up the good work.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I have nothing but good things to say about both the products AND the people from Messiah Games. I got to meet and chat with them at the show and looking forward to working with them again in the future.

If you have not yet ordered the controllers, DO IT. They work very well, worth every penny and if you're truly a classic game fan you'll appreciate the new ability to play your original consoles without the wire clutter.

Brad and Carrie, thanks again and keep up the great work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woot! My prototype Nes controllers just showed up on my desk along with a really nice note from Brad telling me a bit more about them. I guess tonight's gonna be a Nes night! I'll post my findings here after I'm done.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you everyone for your feedback.... I will be posting a few pictures soon so everyone who missed the show can check them out... we are also in the process of updating the web site as well.

I look forward to hearing from everyone once we ship the product. We love to hear your comments, even the negative ones because this will only help to improve the product. Thanks again for your support.

Brad Strahle
    VP of Product Development
    Messiah Entertainment

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

The pads looked and felt good. Button presses were firm and responsive. The only niggle I had was that the D pad substitute was a little too twitchy for my liking, it only seemed you had to move every so slightly up or down and it would respond, making pure left/right moves a bit tricky. Apart from that, it was a damn fine product

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I didn't edit my post because it was already responded to and I don't think it's right that I try to hide things that I already said. So, they're all still there. I just hope that this thread can maybe create a little extra good business for the people at Play Messiah from the good people at Digital Press.

Finally, about the email, it's really no big deal. Mistakes happen because we're all human. I'm sure they understood what they did was not the best but I didn't give it the full benefit of the doubt. I still feel bad for posting anything in the first place, some more people preorder these controllers!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be honest I found them a tad bit sensitive, but I was told taht was going to be worked out.

Of course I own both sets- so im the man for a review.
    Did anyone see there raffle? I think it was fixed. :P
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

marioallstar2600 must have slipped us a few hundred bucks under the table

Accually... he has got to be the luckiest person I know. What to go to Vegas this weekend