Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Play Messiah's LE Wireless NES controllers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I am just excited to get mine as well. I want to review it in a college fanzine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I paid for a pair right after OKGE, and he e-mailed me back with that information. My table was really close to theirs at OKGE and I got to see quite a few people drooling over both the controllers and Carrie.

I for one still play my SNES regularly. Yeah, I have all the roms on my laptop and all that, but the SNES is one system I really enjoy. As many of you know I have my systems hooked to a projector upstairs, and it's a pain in the ass trying to get back far enough with controllers with short cords. I can't wait to get my SNES ones!

As for "who still plays NES/SNES", take a look around the forums ... I'm sure you'll find a person or two or a hundred.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, I think he asked that question on the wrong boards...haha. Flack being the newest king of emulation and I myself taking some steps from the master himself....I've amassed the kings ransom of roms. I really couldn't even give a figure, maybe 20k but I'm sure it's breeched that and the NES series is about all I even play....and I still have my nes hooked up and ready for action. I actually prefer a smaller tv though, adds to the nostalgia...bubble tube as well, flat screens weren't around when I played nintendo

Anyways, long story short...anybody with taste will atleast keep the real deal around. Emulation is good for a quick fix but when you really need to hit the spot, it's the real controller...or no dice. Keep this thread pumping so I have something to think about other than the fact that I'm awaiting the arrival of my controllers!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for "who still plays NES/SNES", take a look around the forums ... I'm sure you'll find a person or two or a hundred.
    Yeah, I understand people on these forums would buy it. The girl I talked to made it sound like she was ready for some really big sales numbers. A hundred people doesn't sound too impressive to RCM. Even a thousand isn't that great in my opinion.

Anyways, long story short...anybody with taste will atleast keep the real deal around. Emulation is good for a quick fix but when you really need to hit the spot, it's the real controller...or no dice. Keep this thread pumping so I have something to think about other than the fact that I'm awaiting the arrival of my controllers!!
    I disagree in certain cases. Sometimes using a controller other then the original can be a good thing. I hear what you're saying though and I have nothing against using original controllers. I hardly think one would lack taste if they prefer playing NES with a Dreamcast controller for example. Carry on.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM[/quote]

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That was a bit out of line. I probably shouldn't have thrown in the taste comment. It just isn't human nature to play nes with a DC controller. The buttons never press right. I play NES on my Xbox all the time and it still feels funny, but I pick up the original and it always works. I think the other buttons just set things off and I can't take it. To each their own right, and I retract but won't edit my comment about taste. I have just larger than average hands and the DC controller gives me cramps BAD....but I love it the same, for DC games

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCM
    I got a chance to use the controllers at the East Coast Gaming Expo. I thought they worked pretty well.

My only concern, and it isn't really a big deal for me is, how many people still play SNES and NES? After having both systems hooked up for years I put mine away in favor of emulation. I know SNES and NES sold boatloads in America, but again, how many people still play enough to pick up these neato controllers?

I wish Messiah luck. How about some wireless Saturn controllers next? Oh yeah, I forgot, you want to make money! Ha!

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM
    I somewhat agree with regards to NES emulation, as FCE Ultra is very accurate and the XBox port, for example supports lightguns and such. However, SNES emulation is still not up to my standards, especially when it comes to sound emulation and mode 7 emulation. So I still use my real SNES, a large cartridge library, and a Super Flash cart from www.tototek.com for filling in the gaps in my collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 98PaceCar
    Agreed! The time I spent with them at CGE was more than enough to convince me that I need a set for both the nes and snes. They seemed very comfortable and worked great! Made it all the better when they called and told me I won the set of nes controllers they gave away on sunday! I wish I had still been at the show instead of sitting at the airport, but they were nice enough to ship them to me, so I should have them today. If anybody in the dfw area wants to check them out firsthand, you're more than welcome to try mine!

98PaceCar
    I'll give em a big Thumbs Up to! Played threw the first world of Kirby at Pacecar's place and they were nice! I'm so use to the dogbone 4 point that the Neo-Geo CD like pad felt great.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My only concern, and it isn't really a big deal for me is, how many people still play SNES and NES?
    I would sell every game system I own every cart every new ps2/gc.. everything.. But I would keep my NES and SNES.

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I somewhat agree with regards to NES emulation, as FCE Ultra is very accurate and the XBox port, for example supports lightguns and such. However, SNES emulation is still not up to my standards, especially when it comes to sound emulation and mode 7 emulation. So I still use my real SNES, a large cartridge library, and a Super Flash cart from www.tototek.com for filling in the gaps in my collection.
    I have an SNES emulator that is flawless. It's really wonderful. Every game that i've played runs at full speed. THe sound is perfect and mode 7 runs perfect as well. rad!

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If this had a Nintendo style d pad, I'd of ordered 2 each.

Looking forward to seeing similar products for classic systems like the Atari 2600, 5200, and 7800.

And maybe even replacement controllers for Colecovision and Intellivision consoles (though I guess sales numbers would kill most of these ideas).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames
    If this had a Nintendo style d pad, I'd of ordered 2 each.

Looking forward to seeing similar products for classic systems like the Atari 2600, 5200, and 7800.

And maybe even replacement controllers for Colecovision and Intellivision consoles (though I guess sales numbers would kill most of these ideas).
    I can see the possibility of 2600 controllers but there just aren't enough Atari fanatics for the other systems to generate a profit. I'm sure Play Messiah isn't figuring on getting rich but I don't think he wants to lose any money and from the way it looks, it costs quite a bit of money to get this stuff designed, manufactured, and working correctly. In a perfect world....they would have had wireless technology perfected when the system was released (or atleast better than it was...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, the one thing a Intellivision, Colecovision, and Atari 5200 controller has going for it are similarities such as the keypad.

Perhaps the similarity between the 3 might make some common components be possible, and maybe make something like this be possible.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have an SNES emulator that is flawless. It's really wonderful. Every game that i've played runs at full speed. THe sound is perfect and mode 7 runs perfect as well. rad!

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM
    Please tell me which emulator this is, because both the latest versions of ZSNES and SNES9x are far from perfect. I think that ZSNES has slightly better mode 7 emulation, especially with regards to DSP1 based games such as Super Mario Kart... but I have compared both the real SNES and ZSNES and Snes9x side-by-side... and the emulators are still very inaccurate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lemme throw out a couple of things.

One, I have multiple SNES Console Copiers. I can take virtually any SNES ROM, throw it onto a floppy, and using my copier, play it on a real SNES. Like I said, most of my game playing is done on a big screen. Getting far enough away from the screen is a pain, and I think these wireless controllers will work great.

Two, that whole thing about hooking them with a USB adapter to a PC has had my wheels spinning. With that in mind, I can set my laptop next to my television (or to my projector), and play all my emulators with these as well!!!

Three, I can't believe more people aren't picking these up simply for the collecter value. Heck, I might buy another pair ... one to play with, and one to sell on eBay in about five years ...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    Three, I can't believe more people aren't picking these up simply for the collecter value. Heck, I might buy another pair ... one to play with, and one to sell on eBay in about five years ...
    I hear that. I personally don't see much value coming out of these but hey....I've seen much crazier happen on the bay. And if you feel froggy, feel free to buy me the snes set I can't afford since you're picking up extra pairs

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My freind won some of the nes prototypes at OKGE. Their great but the prototypes have problems but it came with a slip of paper stating these and that they will fix them. They work from like 30ft and you can switch to the person playing's frequency and screw them up.They will have 4 frequencies for support of the 4-player adapter. Well worth looking into esp. if a lot of people trip over the wires at your house. My freind who got them knows alot more but he is rarely seen on these boards. I think Flack saw him at OKGE but Im not sure because my ride there got drunk off their ass and went without me. I think his name on here is Smiling Jack but his real name is Derek he is a Nes addict.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkenden
    They work from like 30ft and you can switch to the person playing's frequency and screw them up.
    Haha, that's a technique I never thought of! I can see my friends "accidentally" doing this just to mess with me! And yup, I did meet Derek, he helped both Phosphor Dot Fossil and I load up after a long day at OKGE, and the help was greatly appreciated by both of us! Tell Derek we need to go thrifting some weekend before it gets too cold and all the good flea markets close for the year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkenden
    you can switch to the person playing's frequency and screw them up.

Muahahahaha!! *Note to self*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicb
    I know the Turbo Grafx comunity is probably smaller than others but they need the wireless controller more than anyone else. I can't sit 2ft in front of my TV anymore. Please TG-16 controller next please.
    Actually, there are some official wireless IR controllers for the TG16. Only released in Japan, extremely rare, and prohibitively expensive...but they exist....I have one and it's ALL I use. Wireless 2.4 Ghz TG16 controllers would be a MUST buy for me...but the demand is exceedingly limited IMO. The one system that REALLY REALLY needs these that hasn't been mentioned much is the Genesis....I would SLAY for a set of these for the Genny! And those will only be made if the SNES and NES ones sell well. Personally, I find that they were both very very solid products and well worth it. It'll take some getting used to...using the D-stick on em, but they're NICE! Don't count em out.....if you can afford to, it's worth your time to try em!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@ RCM: SNES and NES are two of the hottest retrogaming consoles. They're probably the most played of any, and the easiest in terms of accessibility for the average gamer. They'll sell...it's just a matter of marketing em right and getting the word out there....and these controllers are GOOD.

Also...um....why does RCM talk about himself in the third person? Is there some sort of complex there we should know about? Distancing yourself from some sort of brutal crime?
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."