Thread: FS: 2600 xenophobe, xonox double ender robin hood/lancelot

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS: 2600 xenophobe, xonox double ender robin hood/lancelot

I have for you 2 beautiful atari 2600 games. I don't know much about this system, but I believe these 2 games are NTSC, since they are exactly the same as the NTSC scans on atariage. I tested them on a pal console though, and they worked on that. I can take more pictures if needed.

The dp guide has the xonox game rated at 50 bucks, and xenophobe rated at 25 bucks loose. Like I said, I don't know much about the atari 2600, but I assume these are good prices for a start.

Payment can be done by paypal. I live in the Netherlands, so shipping to the usa/canada/whatever other country, will cost a bit more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey there! Long time no see

Not wanting to detract from your sale, but you'll probably want to find out for sure if they're NTSC or PAL - Xenophobe in particular is much more common in PAL than it is in NTSC.
    Not sure if there's any way to be 100% sure by looking at them - some PAL games have a little 'P' sticker on the back of the cart, but this can easily fall off. I'll leave it to the experts to help further...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I haven't been here for months. I've been busy with other stuff, so I lost time to visit all forums I used visit.

Anyways, there's no p on either of them.

I compared my xenophobe with the ntsc scans at atariage and it's exactly the same, even the numbers are. If it were pal, I assume it would have a different code. The only language on the box and in the manual is english too, whereas most pal games have several languages.

The digital press site says the robin hood/sir lancelot pal cart looks different from the ntsc one. I also compared this one with the scan on atariage and it's exactly the same. So unless dp is wrong, or if atari age has scanned the wrong game, it's ntsc.

This all makes me pretty sure they're ntsc, but like I said, I'm no expert, so don't take my word for it. I can take high resolution pictures or scanes, if asked for. I also have good hope that if someone decides to buy these, he/she'll will ben enough of an atari expert to know wether they're pal or ntsc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My PAL Xenophobe is also identical to the AA scans. :/

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Completely identical? Same numbers and all? Do you have the box/manual with it? And how do you know it's pal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's 100% identical, including the box & manual. I'm no Atari expert, but I think this was the case with quite a few of the red label games (some of my PAL 7800 games are also identical to the NTSC versions, except for the 'P' stickers).
    There's no sticker on my Xenophobe, so I guess there's a small chance it's NTSC, but seeing as I got it for £1 in a charity shop I'd be very surprised if it's not PAL - especially as the NTSC version is R7, while the PAL version is dead common.
    Maybe be worth asking at AA if there's any other ways to tell without looking at the code?

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Arrrhalomynn
    Completely identical? Same numbers and all? Do you have the box/manual with it? And how do you know it's pal?
    The numbers are the same but as stated earlier, there would be a "P" printed next to the number or on a sticker pasted directly to the box. If you see neither it's a safe bet that it's NTSC.

I haven't seen too many PAL Xonox carts but your game looks just like mine which is NTSC, again I think it's safe to say it is NTSC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm. So mine may well be NTSC aswell?
    Apologies for any misinformation, but I still find it a little hard to believe (though not impossible, I guess) that I'd have found a NTSC rarity in a bundle of common PAL games, when the PAL version of Xenophobe isn't at all rare.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the help guys. Too bad nobody seems to be interested. Seems like I'll have to try my luck somewhere else.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately, not all PAL Atari games have a P on the label or box, especially the later releases. Xonox games are a tv-format-ambiguity. These labels have been spotted on both NTSC and PAL games. There are even Xonox games that have a PAL game on one, and an NTSC game on the other end of the cart!

Testing them on a PAL tv does the trick most of the time (try an older model tv). Watch for unusual colors and you'll know - almost for sure - if your game is PAL or not.

Cheers,
    Marco