Anyone ever deal with them before?
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cannot recommend them. I ordered a Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes Gamecube Premium Package from them. The system was LOOSE in the box, so the controller and adaptor and system were banging into each other during the trip from Hawaii to Wisconsin. The system is scratched up but luckily it works. I believe it was used. Nothing was bagged and there was no foam. Like i said, it was just floating around in the system box. It didn't come with AV cables either. I e-mailed them and they had "technical difficulties" so they didn't get it. I then called and was told I'd be sent AV cables and a discount would be given because it was the last one they had.

So, I was told to send another e-mail and the manager would let me know what my discount would be. "Technical difficulties" came into play here again. I called and e-mailed and called and e-mailed until three weeks later, they finally let me know when I called again. Bottom line here is that they don't return your calls and they may not return your e-mails. They are the worst video game retailer I've ever dealt with. Do your business elsewhere. BTW, I'm still waiting on the AV cables and the refund.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ironic from a company with the word "Joy" in their name. What a pain!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have dealt with them several times. I think out of them all, one time everything went smooth. Best thing to do is call them, don't trust the site to be correct. I have been to the stores and they are very busy most of the time. Have you ever heard the term 10 lbs in a 5 lb bag? That describes their shops! I would give them another chance since they have taken care of any problems for me.

When another board I read gets back online, I'll post some replys about them that were posted there.
    What have you done America?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. Finally I can respond to a post that relates to where I live. The store is very busy. Their online version even more so. You should definitely call them and make stink(as they say here in Hawaii). They have always been fair with me. PM me with questions or if you would like me to give you more specifics about who exactly to talk to. I don't want to go burning someone online and ruining a good relationship locally, but I will definitely try and help you out in getting your cables and refund.

Moses

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the feedback guys, i was planning on ordering some GC games..but now i have second thoughts
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

Okay, here's my ToysnJoys.com story.

In late January 2004 I ordered Keyboardmania (with game and keyboard) and Keyboardmania 2nd and 3rd mix from ToysnJoys. I was in Korea so rather than have it shipped there I had them send it to my parents' place in Philadelphia. They received it about a week later, in February.

I didn't get the game until June, after I'd moved back to the US. My parents sent it to me here in Texas.

When I get it, the Keyboardmania game is missing (the keyboard was there and so was the second game). My parents had opened the box so it was possible that they had misplaced it but they weren't sure if they'd seen it or not.

I called up ToysnJoys and they said, Hmm, yeah, I think we were having trouble with those a few months ago, some were shipping without the game discs, we'll send you a replacement.

Three days later (from Hawaii) I get my replacement disc (new, sealed).

My point is, it had been SIX months since I'd purchased this and these guys still replaced it! They were like, "no problem, brudder, we send you a new one. Aloha."

Maybe they screwed up, maybe Konami had screwed up (I'll never know because the box had been opened by my parents) but regardless, They took care of it for me, even though it had been six months since I'd ordered the thing, no hassles, no questions.

Bottom line, the next time I do an import, I'm doing it from them. No question about it.
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

maybe i will give em a chance
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaming Eye
    It didn't come with AV cables either.
    New Japanese systems don't come with AV/RF or any other hookups. I think they are more aware as videogame consumers and therefore buy the appropriate one for their system. Whereas here they bundle it with AV cables so that the masses have to go out and buy an RF adapter and the cognoscenti have to go buy S-Video or component cables.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if you want another tale of them making good here you go.

I ordered a bunch of DC clearance games and when I get my order and one of the games is wrong. I emailed them and they say we don't have any but will pick some up since Alex is going to Japan. It took a few weeks, but they sent me the correct game and let me keep the other too. Like was said before they are super busy and are not a Buy-Rite in training.

I've got no problems telling you that you'll most likely deal with Alex (if he is still there). He'll take care of most any problem you have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmm smooth deal with them for me , all i ordeded from them was neon genesis evangelion 64 from them
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

although i didnt buy off the website, i bought from them on ebay. that was 49 nes games complete, and received them with no problems. thier ebay name is poohstoybox if anyone cares :P

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the info guys
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

i dealt with them and everything went fine......i even paid for ground shipping and they sent it 2 day for me instead.

they even sent me 2 of the item, when i only ordered and paid for 1, and they didnt want it back....so i made all my $$ back selling the extra on ebay...

they are very nice to deal with

just read the item descriptions closely, because it does say that some items will not be new...
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been to both stores and bought many things from them when my brother used to live down there he lived near the pearl city store it was great but I also went to the other store and bought from them as well excellent customer services and they had good deals dammit I miss those excellent stores in hawaii including one book store I forgot what they were called but they also buy sell video games and also one video game warehouse there in hawaii had a lot ofrare stuff ! So keep those in your minds whenever ur goin there on a vacation be sure to check out those stores ! =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Pearlridge store is in a busy little strip mall. We had trouble parking so I got out and the others drove around for a bit. Also, I believe there was a record/book store a few blocks away with some pretty cool stuff. Nothing video game related, but just a cool store. We went to the swap meet at the stadium and I was dissapointed with the amount of game stuff there. Our tiny local one usually has more.

While the Kaimuki location (IIRC) is on a street with shops on both sides of the street, with a comic book/anime movie store on the other side down a bit. There was another game shop, with tons of stuff... but nothing was in that great of shape.