Thread: What's with the crazy prices for Power Stone 2 Dreamcast

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What's with the crazy prices for Power Stone 2 Dreamcast

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...127291864&rd=1

I also saw a DC Project Justice game go for over thirty bucks. Kinda wacky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That game isn't worth anywhere NEAR that. $25 TOPS, and its only semi-uncommon. At least, thats what I paid for mine, and I've seen it continuosly listed at ever since in B&M stores.

Project Justice is getting to be a pain in the ass also. I've seen approximately 20 different copies last week for $12, unfortunately they were all disc only :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That looks a little fishy to me. Did you take a look at the bid history for that particular auction and the auction they have a link to? A lot of the same people bid many times in a row driving up the price. If PS 2 is really worth that much i know where a couple copies are at. Anyone want one? $80 apiece plus 3% fee if you use paypal!

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that's an average price for a sealed copy... open copies can hit $50. i go tlucky and snagged mine for about $4... but it's not in the greatest condition, and i don't want to snag one off ebay... ridiculous prices. hoping to find one in the wild, as unlikely as that seems now....
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow, just did a completed items search and the PJ game went for $66.00.
    Sheesh, there's gold in those old Dreamcast games.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I guess guys get caught up in the bidding frenzy or mebbe games are rarer in certain parts of the country.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is quite rediculous...I can't believe this game goes for that much. It's a hell of a fun game but come on! People need to get out there and hunt for it instead of dropping so much money for something they could go to one place and pay 20$ for. Oh well.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, serious bidders asked about the condition(s) before biding, I talked to the seller of this copy , it was flawless, no crack on jewel case, shrinkwrap is clean, no scuff and rough spot.

These games go insane prices, mainly due to they're Dreamcast exclusive.
    I got mine selaed from Target in 2001 for $25 when they cleared out DC games, at that point, never intended to get sealed collection, just didn't have time to play, got serious enough to complete the collection before I even had the chance to open this game, thank god, I went ahead to get another copy to play, crazy part is, I ended up paying more for this used copy than my sealed copy. My local TRU sold last 2 copies of PS2 at $50, even at time when all other DC games were on clearance bin.

My first instinct even when DC was booming, get all the good Capcom fighters/shooters first, whether you want your collection sealed or not, even first Power Stone is getting hard to come by. There're a few other games which I knew would be rare back in 2000/2001 and of those I bought they never went lower than the prices on the retail floors, namely:

Canon Spike (if this game comes up on eBay sealed, perfect shape, expect a brutal bidding war)
    Giga Wing 2
    SF3: 3rd Strike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    That is quite rediculous...I can't believe this game goes for that much. It's a hell of a fun game but come on! People need to get out there and hunt for it instead of dropping so much money for something they could go to one place and pay 20$ for. Oh well.
    That's kinda' hard to do sometimes.. depending on where you live. Take me.. for instance.. I live in a small town in bumfuck.. about 40,000 people. We have a grand total of THREE video game stores in town. A Software Etc. in the mall (No used games.. save for latest generation) and two "Mom & Pop" stores owned by the same guy. He's an ass as well.. pays next to nothing for 8 & 16-bit games.. complete or not, and DC games. Then he turns around and marks them WAY up!

I can guarantee you that if I walked in his shop tomorrow with a complete copy of PS2.. he'd give me no more than ten bucks for it. Next week.. it'd be on his shelves for $50.

I haven't seen a copy of either Powerstone in this town in ages. Sucks living in a hellhole. For some of us.. eBay and these forums are our only hope.

I'd ALSO love to go out garage saleing and flea market hunting locally, as well; but all you ever find in my town at such places is old, dirty, broken, worthless junk (We also have a couple of pawn shops.. but those guys are simply "sharks" by nature.. way over-priced as well; and no.. they don't dicker like most pawn brokers do elsewhere.).

As a result.. my only braggable "finds" I ever get are from camping on eBay. I REALLY envy you guys who live in major cities. Everytime I hear some story of a guy (Taking from mind a recent other forum frequenter's post as example..) walking into his local 2nd hand store and picking up a rare game complete; or a NEO GEO CD unit w/5 games for 35 bucks (skoldpadda?).. I wanna' hang my head and cry.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

mate
    I sold sealed shop demo fo moero justice gakuen for close to $20 not so long ago...
    some people will pay a lot more for sealed copy for some straneg reason...

cheers

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by "scorch56
    I haven't seen a copy of either Powerstone in this town in ages. Sucks living in a hellhole. For some of us.. eBay and these forums are our only hope.
    That's true, I didn't really think about that. While I was driving to cali during the summer vacation I thought to myself on the way out, man it would be MAJOR suckage on my game collecting if I lived out here ;D.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Powerstone 2 is FANTASTIC. That's why. Seriously, I think it's the best party fighter ever made. My friends and I played it 7 hours straight once. 7 HOURS. The fact it's only available on DC probably adds to the price.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've purchased this game twice for 12 dollars. Its good but SHIT not that good. With the ammount of fighters the DC has there are cheeper alternatives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default Think about it......

It does not suprise me at all that Dreamcast prices are creeping up already, espically on a such a great game like Power Stone 2. The reason the game is already going up in price is that:

1. Dreamcast games are already getting hard to find...espically ones that are not all jacked up

2. Power Stone 2 was not released on any other system in the US(a rarity these days)

3. A ton were not made, considering that the dreamcast did only so-so in the US.

4. The game kicks all types of ass!

The price of the game does not suprise me, and neither does the bitching of the high price either. Face it dreamcast owners, what you are looking at is another turbografx style collectable system. People dont care now, but they will about finding minty DC games. This is a perfect example.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, anyone should have realised by now that sealed dc games sell like crazy, i sold a sealed copy of Evolution 2 (PAL) on ebay.co.uk a few month ago and got almost 90 bucks for it

if you know what games are selling that good and you know some dealers with sealed dc games left you can make a fortune, i bought that copy of Evo 2 along with 4 other copies for 5 bucks /piece (no, i didn't grab that away from anyone, i don't have other collectors in my area)
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    i sold a sealed copy of Evolution 2 (PAL) on ebay.co.uk a few month ago and got almost 90 bucks for it
    Yowch! Bet you're glad you didn't sell one to me for £20 in the end then
    It's swings and roundabouts, though - I've seen Taxi 2 sell for £80-£90 in the past, but it took a price-cut to £40 from £60 BIN to sell mine a week or two back

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah powerstone 2 is an awesome game....and I believe I read somewhere the production run was much shorter than the original powerstone...eh...even stores lilke gamestop sell it for $44.99
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    That's true, I didn't really think about that. While I was driving to cali during the summer vacation I thought to myself on the way out, man it would be MAJOR suckage on my game collecting if I lived out here ;D.
    Yah know? I was just setting here tonight thinking about what I said; and what you said.. and I came across another realization (Why living where I do sucks for collecting..)..

I can't trade.. ever.. I never have anything to trade because I have a hard enough time just acquiring the things I WANT. I mean.. it's not like I ever find any rare or unusual video gaming items that DON'T interest me either; therefore.. I can never even find stuff that might be valuable or "wanted", to someone else. So I'm ALWAYS stuck simply buying the crap I want off eBay (sometimes for a bargain.. sometimes not).

I mean.. sure.. I could find a dozen crappy-assed NFR copies of Sonic at garage sales here but that's about it; and that Mom & Pop I told you about? That guy's had like 500 bare NES carts sitting in his shop for years. I swear NOBODY's even touched the things in months. Don't even think about finding complete games off him (unless they're the newest consoles.. and even then..). Dude's sharp too.. he's used some price guide forever. Would never tell me what & where he got it.. so you know HE doesn't have any rarities slipping by him.

<sigh>.. now I'm thoroughly depressed. Time to move back to Reno.

Oh yeah.. that's probably the area you were driving through,, never mind.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Default Re: Think about it......

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    1. Dreamcast games are already getting hard to find...espically ones that are not all jacked up

2. Power Stone 2 was not released on any other system in the US(a rarity these days)

3. A ton were not made, considering that the dreamcast did only so-so in the US.

4. The game kicks all types of ass!
    Plus it's a Capcom game on a system that has a lot to offer Capcom fans and collectors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS2 rocks. not quite $69 rocks, but it is an awesome game. Get 4 people giong at it, and its incredible, way better then smash bros.