My introduction to the PC game Descent was a momentous occasion. It was this game that for the first time in my life caused me to start focusing on PC instead of console gaming; until then I had been exclusively interested in the console world. From then and for the next 6-7 years I was a PC gamer, that is until I discovered DP and my gaming views were redefined.

Anyway, I am (not coincidentally) a big fan of the PS1 Descent port, so much so in fact I have dedicated two TVs Playstations and flightsticks for a serial link setup. My descent fervor has spread, recently I have started to really enjoy Descent maximum in the same capacity.

My question, is the UK release of Descent 2 on the PS1 like the PC version or something else? If so does it also support serial game play? And, can it be made to work on my US unmodded playstations (afterall the PAL dreamcast games work)?

Descent maximum, is very similiar to Descent 2, incorporating many of the textures sprites and weapons of the PC sequel. But, sadly, it does not compare. Having a REAL Descent 2 on the playstation would rock! I hope it's really the game.