Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burnout 3. WOW! Anyone else playing this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Burnout 3. WOW! Anyone else playing this?

Picked this up today. I have to say, I am very happy with the new Burnout. Most definitely worth the 49.99 admission price. I was a little worried when I found out EA games would have a hand in putting this one out, as they aquired Criterion from Acclaim.

Crash Mode-Most excellent. Steering your car after the crash and being able to blow it up (sometimes more than once) to cause more damage is sweet. trying to grab all of the multiplier icons is a nice extra as well.Added to the fact that in it can help or hurt your score. Nothing like crashing a car strategically.

Racing: A huge improvement over last year. The AI has been given a much need boost. As a result, races are not as much of a push-over as before. The com. controlled drivers will pay you back if they get a chance. Again, the extras that are added make the racing that much better. The boost meter plays a bigger factor in the outcome of a race. There are a ton of ways to get your boost meter to fill.So, even if a driver is at the back of the pack, adding to the boost can jet one to the front in no time. Also, it's nice that you can once again steer a hulking beast after a wreck to nail opponets.

Graphics are crisp and the sound department is almost overwhelming. Nothing like watching glass,metal, and tires fly with life like sound all from the comfort of ones living room. All that is missing is the smell of burning rubber, heated metal, and various car fluids.

Criterion could have just released a Burnout 2 sports style update and it would have sold through the roof. Instead, they release a perfect console homage to classic arcade style racing.

I miss going to the arcades if only to pop in 4 quarters to play the newest "sit in the car" cab. Arcade racing is back and better than ever.

Thanks Criterion/EA.

Burnout 3 Fucking rocks! \m/

Time to get a few beers and call up the friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like an awesome game. I'll probably get it when the price drops, since I'm a cheap ass. I still have a lot to do in Burnout 2.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    petewhitley

If I see that alot of people end up playing it on Xbox Live, I'll get it for sure. That's pretty much my barometer these days for any current gen title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree. This game is amazing! I just spent the better part of the last 4 hours going head to head with a buddy of mine. My only complaint is the lack of options for junctions and cars when you first start. Other than that, this game is the best $50 I've spent on a single game in a LONG time!

Just go buy it!!

98PaceCar

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played it last night and freaking loved it. The ability to destroy your competitors really makes the game.

D
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I play racing games, I ususally play Wipeout or F-Zero. The only real "Car" racing game that I ever fell in love with was Ridge Racer Type 4...until I got Burnout 3 - Takedown.

This game is excellent. Buy it, Borrow it, Rent it, Download it, whatever you can do to make sure that you at least play this game once.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really thinking about getting this game, just gonna wait for tomorrow's frys ad to see if they might have it on sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh, this sounds great, I actually never played a Burnout game, but from what I've heard part 3 is a must-have. What a shame that I have to wait another week for the PAL release D:
    Wii: 8285 8147 1575 6278

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me and my girlfriend loved Burnout 2 and have been awaiting the release of 3. Chances are we're gonna split the price and pick this one up soon. All the improvements sound really inventive and thought out, and I can't wait to play online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Playing it and loving it. Of course I've been in love with Burnout since the original.

Dpad Junkies - // Get Your Fix //

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i actually found out about the burnout series a year or so back from watching a show on g4 called arena. they did the crash mode for one of the rounds in that show. it looked uber fun, so i went and bought the 1st burnout. no crash mode, but game was crazy good. after that it all went uphill. i am just hoping that in this one, they changed tha ai a little bit. the comp would crash like 50 times, and still be right behind you after a 4x burnout. it got kind of annoying after awhile. i am waiting until i can afford this, but it is on my must buy list

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

WOW

Amazing game, a tremendous improvement on an already excellent game.

I need to play some of you folks on Live with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i guess i'm just singing to the choir here, as not a single negative comment has yet been made about this game; but man, Burnout 3 fucking rocks \m/

i like the fact that all the modes are incorporated into the world tour mode, so it keeps it pretty varied... other than that, i think everything else that is awesome about this game has already been detailed above. =)

oh, and the ability to use your own custom soundtrack on the xbox version = A+++

this game is probably going to end up owning my life for the next few weeks, and frankly, i'm not going to mind
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slip81
    Me and my girlfriend loved Burnout 2 and have been awaiting the release of 3. Chances are we're gonna split the price and pick this one up soon. All the improvements sound really inventive and thought out, and I can't wait to play online.

Could you resize your avatar please? It really screws with my browser for some reason. It pushes everything over too much. I hate scrolling.

On topic I played the demo at my Circuit City it kicked ass. I will be picking this up as soon as I can.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

woot! $34.99 at frys. what a kickass store.

i'll hopefully be playing some of this online this weekend.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey All,
    Burnout 2 and the SSX series were probably my favourite games for the PS2 until I sold it. If Burnout 3 is anything like Burnout 2 it would burn.

Nubian
    Retrohead

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Unbelieveable. It's so... FAST!

A game where you really do have to look as far down the road as possible and still navigate and battle with everything around you. Hey, I love the Destruction Derby series and was having a blast with Test Drive: Eve of Destruction when I decided to give this one a go. Though it's a very different kind of game, you just can't beat the crashes in this game, and the scoring system and diversity of the tracks and objectives, with continually unlocking levels and cars... just outstanding game design in every sense of the word.

I have a question for Burnout SERIES fans. I own the original Burnout, never even opened it. What is the difference between the first, second and this new third game? Is it worth it for any reason to play the previous two or is everything from those pretty much contained in this one?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Things that make Burnout 3 better:

Crash Aftertouch
    Takedowns

Those two things aren't in the first two games, and overall, the game's got a lot more polish to it than the previous releases.

Burnout and Burnout 2: Point of Impact are both good games, but each successive release overshadows the previous one. Burnout 2 had a much more robust Crash mode, and Burnout 3 is just more robust overall.

Leave it in the package, enjoy part 3, says I.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got it yesterday £33 for ps2

100% inprovement on the last one (also completes my burnout collection!), The graphics are so smooth cant wait to get the big rig!!!

My only snag is in crash modes how the hell do you get one the next level im stuck on the 1st!!
    So you think your a Dj? Go to My Djset.com and upload your mix, See if your good enough for the real world!
    Stuff for Sale

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by gleavepaul
    My only snag is in crash modes how the hell do you get one the next level im stuck on the 1st!!
    "Get one in the next level"? Not sure I understand. The crash modes you just plow into the busiest area of traffic, pick up icons when you can (the x2 or x4 almost always allow you to hit the gold requirement), when you've reached the number of crashes required, your score "counts" and your red button becomes a detonator for your own car, causing even more mayhem as you can then guide the exploded heap using aftertouch.

It's a brilliant game.

Anyone free for some Burnout 3 Xbox Live tonight?