Thread: Japan Games Now ... how are they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Default Japan Games Now ... how are they?

did anyone ever purchase from www.japangamesnow.com and if so, how reliable are they? im considering an MVS game purchase, but i want to know if i will get my game, or will i get a bootleg or nothing at all
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not really a they, it's more like a he. Someone from over on Neo-geo.com forums. Well use to be on the forums there as rimm_rs. I've dealt with Ryan & had a flawless transaction. He's very professional, quick to ship, trustworthy, an A-OK guy in my book. But, he's had some issues with people there on the fourms, and he got banned. I don't follow all the drama over there on the boards, so I don't know what happened, but I do recall him being extremely anal over conditions in his games, and in some deals, he would balk or ask for refunds when the games were less than what he expected from other members. I think he pissed off a few members with his attitude there, and when he started selling, he was posting pre-sale, sell posts, where he would offer/tease with what he was *suppose* to be receiving in mail, but did not actually own.. I just recall people getting pissed with him, and now I see he's banned from there. I dealt with him prior to japangamesnow, but I still recieve his emails now once a week too.

I would suggest emailing if you are unsure on something, I'm sure he would give you an honest anwser. But with Neo games there are alot of places that do sell boots, it's not that they support bootlegging, but just happens in bulk buys sometimes. So they are stuck with games, which most collectors don't want, but they either have to sell as such or throw out one. I know some people seem to be ok with boots & conversions, so there is still a market for them too. But this site is not overrun with them, if he has any at all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ryan (JapanGamesNow) is a great and trustworthy seller.

You should have no worries dealing with him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

He seems to be a good guy; but he really pressed his luck over on the N-G.com forums and really didn't respect Shawn's business by setting up bulk buy deals which cut into Shawn's profits. I have a hard time imagining the friendly, great emails I get from JGN (which, incidentally, I only recieve 'cuz he bought an email list) as coming from the person who wasted so much time typing out half coherent replies on N-G.com...all the same, it doesn't really matter since his prices are great and his service seems without equal (Edit: changed "appeal" to "equal" ).

But that's my humble take on things, a bit better informed since I accused Shawn of being Dion on these very forums a few months ago

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

JGN = top notch

I think that pretty much says it.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!