Thread: i need to locate a adapter for famicon cart to NES system

Insert Coin (Level 0) TecmoBowlTerror's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default i need to locate a adapter for famicon cart to NES system

please reply here or send email/pm me. im looking to play my japanese version of tecmo bowl on my US nes.
    thanks

also if you had a ebay username or if other board members can verify your not a rip off artist, that would be great too.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You might want to check with spoon on this board. I bought one from him and he might have more. He's definately safe to deal with and had a very nice type of convertor.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if you have a copy of one of the original five screw black box nes games (ie gyromite, excitebike, stackup, etc) you might just have one that has a famicom adapter inside. take a small screw driver and check em out.

-Josh

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a honey bee which needs to be cleaned properly and a different converter. Both of them for $11 shipped. I'm not a scammer as you can tell if you look at page 2 of the good traders list.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have any left atm, but, the ones that Gary has for sale are your best bet, and, can definitely go for more than 11 shipped. I can also say that Gary is a fair seller.

The ones that come inside the NES games are nice, but, they don't have a case over the board/ribbion like the Honey Bees and others do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have several reliable adapters that are good for both top loading and front loading NES. PM me if interested. I would suggest the ones that come in the NES cartridges because 1) they're official so you know they're reliable and 2) they don't need a ribbon because they fit extra tight to the bottoms of the famicom cartridges.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TecmoBowlTerror's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im just checking back in here, before i go do some work, but ill get in touch with you guys here soon

thanks

Brad

oh and on a side note, i know a guy with a gyromite cart that has an adapter inside it, but what do i do after that once i take it out, do i just plug the famicom cart into it, then insert it into the nes(frontloader) or do i need to take the famicom cart apart and then put it all together inside a nes cart?

i have been to the site that shows what the nes carts with thre adaptersinside look like, but it doesnt tell me anything after that.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, once you get the Gyromite cart opened, you unscrew the adaptor (which is the black plastic piece and the BOTTOM chipboard - the top chipboard is the actual game Gyromite) and take it out. Take out the top chipboard, and now you have your Famicom adaptor. One problem is that the black plastic piece will not accept Famicom carts because of the two tags on the side used for screwing inside the cart - I had to cut these off and sand the sides of the piece down a little further to get carts to fit in the adaptor. It should only take a few minutes - cut the tags off with a knife, and then get some sandpaper and sand the piece down until you can get a Fami cart to fit in it correctly. OK, I am not sure exactly how this works on a frontloader, but on my toploader, when you are putting the adaptor and game in the machine, the lockout chip on the bottom chipboard sticking out of the adaptor must face the front while the actual Fami cartridge should be facing backwards. So no matter what, the lockout chip must be facing one side and the front of the Fami cart must be facing the other. On a frontloader, I am not positive which way to load the adaptor and cart, but there are only two possibilities, so it shouldn't be hard to figure out. I would guess that the lockout chip should be facing up while the cartridge faces down, but it could be the other way around.
    "Everything that you've ever done, are doing now, or will ever do is a complete waste of time unless it directly involves Randy 'Macho Man' Savage." - random Amazon.com review

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found one in my gyromite cart I got yesterday. I doubt I will ever use it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerkov
    Take out the top chipboard, and now you have your Famicom adaptor. One problem is that the black plastic piece will not accept Famicom carts because of the two tags on the side used for screwing inside the cart - I had to cut these off and sand the sides of the piece down a little further to get carts to fit in the adaptor.
    Or... you can take the black piece off of the 72-pin chip (marked 'NES Joint 01' on it), flip the black part around 180 degrees, and put it back on the 72-pin chip.