Thread: MACH3 MAME - problems building

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MACH3 MAME - problems building

Alright, before I get into anything else, this is not a request for someone to send me a copy of the executable. I'm trying to compile it for windows myself with the instructions found here:
    http://www.boldtower.com/mach3/#windows

I am not familiar with most of this stuff, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on here. I'm used to VB and the like, so makefiles are a bit of a mystery to me. The configure command within MinGW works fine. It's the make and 'make install' that aren't working properly. Both give errors:
    ../../libtool: lib: command not found
    ../../libtool: cygpath: command not found

This happens when trying to build mpeg2dec and flac-1.1.0, but everything works fine when I try with zlib 1.2.1 and I get the executable.

Anyone out there know what the deal is? Any helpful hints? Am I the only one that gives a rat's ass about MACH 3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Did you ever get anywhere with this?

When I was a kid, our local bowling alley had a sit down Mach 3 machine for about a month or two. We all asked what happened to it and they said "it broke, we sent it back". That's the only one I ever saw in person, and it's been a decade and a half.

I had no idea MAME supported this game and that the files were available. I'll have to do some checking and play around with those files and see if I can't get them working.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never really tried anything beyond NOT getting good compiles on everything. I intend to wipe everythig clean and retry, but even the MAME compile I tried later failed, and I do have the .79 source that he worked from. After I give it another go, if it fails again, I may try emailed the guy to see if he'll help me out.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe there's a non-supported version of DAPHNE out there that has MACH3 support enabled.

The thing about this game is it's a laser disc game. As far as I know, MAME doesn't have the capability to playing back MPEG1/2 video/audio streams. So the only support you'll get in MAME is the overlays.

Some smart guy ripped that out, slapped it on top of DAPHNE (laser disc emulator) and it should work.

I personally never tried it.. spend too much time playing Space Ace and DL1 as is.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should read the link. Te whole point of this is to try to get the MPEG playback support added into MAME, specifically for Firefox and MACH3. The funny thing is that I just found the unsupported DAPHNE build you mentioned tonight. Where you might ask? On my HDD, in a ton of crap I downloaded from usenet months ago and never touched. The downer is that the mach2 .mpg file I have is the wrong format. DAPHNE wants m2v/ogg files, so I need to find and download this thing again. I WILL be playing this eventually damnit! Looks like this build supports Dragon's Lair 2 as well. I just need a damn framefile.