Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Katamari Damacy (future rare title?)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Got a little bit of playtime in on this one last night. The intro was no doubt the strangest thing I've seen in a long time.

Gameplay is smooth and intuitive. Excellent use of the analog sticks. It's not too hard at the beginning, yet it's not too easy.

This is the kind of game that really shows how important gameplay is. I could care less about the story, etc. The gameplay is what counts and this game's got it.

Highly recommended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking

I wish this was the case. I tried pre-ordering A Dog's Life @ EBWorld a week before it was released and was told that they didn't have a sku for it. I tried pre-ordering Katamari Damacy just last week @ my local Gamestop and was told the there was no pre-order sku for it as well. I usually hear about these odd ball games for the first time on this forum and I usually reserve a copy of it right away its reasonably priced. I beginning to get the feeling they they really don't care about taking my pre-orders unless its for a $50 game.
    I can't speak for Gamestop of course, but EVERY SINGLE GAME that we actually have ANY sku for you can preorder. If it isn't in the computer, we aren't getting it, or somebody in corporate made a goofup. There is no difference between a preorder sku and the normal sku, they are identical, and can be found in at least 4 different ways that I know of.

Is Dog's Life out yet or not? If it is, we never got it, so never would have had it in our preorder menu.

Sorry about the bitchiness last night. Was in a grouchy mood- baby is being weaned of swaddling at night so he tends to wake up 2 or 3 times =/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaWHT
    Is Dog's Life out yet or not? If it is, we never got it, so never would have had it in our preorder menu.
    A Dog's Life was released a few weeks ago. Maybe EBWorld decided to not carry the game (I ended up getting mine @ Best Buy) which is why I wasn't able to pre-order it from them.

Sorry about the bitchiness last night. Was in a grouchy mood- baby is being weaned of swaddling at night so he tends to wake up 2 or 3 times =/
    Not a problem at all. Believe me, I have absolutely no right to criticize someone else about bitching.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm"

"la la la la la la la la KA-TA-MA-RI-DA-MAN-CI!"

I played it this morning before work - It's a hell of a lot of fun. However, I dont think that my girlfriend appreciated my wakig her up by blasting the stereo and singing the theme song and yelling "Look, honey! The Ducks are singing too!"

Yeah, she kinda ignored me for the rest of the morning.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ok, popped mine in yesterday, still on the line whether if it was actually going to be fun or not. Heck, how much fun can pushing a ball be? I kept telling myself it just CAN'T be THAT MUCH fun.

Then by round 2 I was laughing my ass off at how much FUN I WAS HAVING!

The amazing soundtrack, the GROWTH, man....when you start a level and are running from cats....then within 5 minutes you are PICKING THE CATS UP!

I gotta work today, but if I didn't, I would officially be Katamari Damacy day....k-D-Day I would call it....but that will be Sunday instead.

BEST 20.00 I ever spent! If you are not playing this because it's too "silly" for you or you feel that it's not going to be fun, you are a fool. This is one of my favorite PS2 games thus far.

Thank you Namco!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anyone check out their 'collection'? i found the descriptions wildly amusing...allow me to paraphrase about peaches 'this butt shaped fruit is good to eat, but it tastes better than butt'...the cheese wheel description(that looked strangely like a pacman) ended with 'that shape looks familiar'..

i liked the game, others visiting and playing head to head did not...but theyre sports game people, so go figure

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked this up about an hour ago on my lunch break. based on the comments I've just read I'm guessing I'll be playing it most of the night.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I''m gonna go pick this up in a few minutes. I had no problems reserving it at my gamestop. This is also the last new game I'm gonna buy for awhile....I need to clear out my backlog, not to mention make some money!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked KD up yesterday along with X-Men Legends. So far I haven't touched Legeds except to play it co-op with my GF for a while. The game rules, and I love the soundtrack. I also can't get over the opening sequence, definately the best opening I've seen in a long while. Whoever thought playing with big balls could be so fun?

As far as rarity goes I doubt it will be that popular. The EB where I got mine got three in yesterday, and now they are all gone. Me and my friend each bought one, and the clerk said he was picking up the last one.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up my copy today at EB in Rocafeller Center - it was their only copy - I figured no one around in this immediate area would be interested in it.

I cant wait to get home and watch the intro again (and sing along of course, very loudly I might add)

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked one up today after work after reading this thread. Also picked up Fable..... Lots of gaming to catch up on now
    (with hundreds more still waiting to be played)

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah dude... Katamari, Megaman X Command Mission, Shin Megami Tensei III, Shenmue II, Silent HIll 4 -- lot to get done!

I got my first CAT in my Katamari today. weee.

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D

I got my first CAT in my Katamari today. weee.

Yeah , Megaman command was on my list of things to get , but I want to do some hunting this weekend too.

And I know I cant get MM Command in a few weeks

(how does MM C play by the way? )

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll PM you about it rather than turning this into the MM CM thread ^_^.

Viva La Katamari!

I think I might plug the PS2 sound into my computer and record the Katamari theme song and throw it into a mix. I can hear it now.

"ka ka ka ka ka katamari da da da da damancy..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah getting that cat was awesome.

Rolling over your first human is an unforgetable experience, tho! Watching her little legs kicking and kicking as you roll and roll.... hehe!!!

I love the soundtrack, Sinatra is great!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy hell, this game freaking RULES. I played it for only 1 1/2 hours, but I did get my first cat and human. (I played a few of the levels a few times, to familiarize and get a better size) I think we should do a simple challenge, and that being, what is the BIGGEST you can become on the first level? I think I got mine up to 16 cm, but I would have to double check for sure.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good god does katamari damacy rule. I can't remember the last time I had this much pure fun with a game. BTW, anyone who hasn't picked up MMX command mission needs to go buy it. It rules like crazy. Between that and KD, I'm completely dead to the world for a while.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Song in the intro to KD sounds very similar to the song in the "block town" level of Pac-Mania. Considering that they are both made by Namco, it could easily be the same composer, even though Pac-Mania came out in the arcades almost 15 years ago - give them a listen, it's really similar structure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Overbite
    PSN
    MSX6800

this game is so cool

i love it when i start the level picking up small things like fruit and stuff and then i start picking up cars and trees.

a lot of the reviews said the graphics were really really bad (gameinformer) but they WORK! you can pick up everything you see and you can see pretty far, the levels are big, and it scales very well with no slowdown.

also the music is rad.

Shake it up! ah-Punch it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked this up today and it rocks. Thanks DPers. I guess this is another reason why I love the DP boards. Not only do I get to find out about great games that I missed growing up I get great info on current games I might miss out on. On another note I had some friends over today who are more "casual gamers" and they totally loved it. I wouldn't be suprised if they went out and got it tomorrow with that $20 price tag. The game play is addictive and the music ads a lot.

Between this and Gradius V I'm having more gaming fun than I've had in awhile. It's so refreshing to play game like this.