Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesis cart issue (never seen anything like it!)

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very weird. Mine has all the characteristics of the v1.0 model listed above, but it shows the license text on all the games, however the only game that ever produced a black screen on it so far was Onslaught. And even then, the game is still playable with a Game Genie, which shows the license text. But I haven't modded the cart port to accept import games to see if they produce a black screen too, I just use a Game Genie to play all them also. I don't think it's the earliest Genesis either, it came with Sonic as the pack-in. So did I luck out or what? You mean that some of them won't play imports even with a Game Genie? OMG, that would really piss me off! BTW, are the required cables really that hard to find for it now? I think I have some extras.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Pretzel (Level 4) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Duncan1800
    PSN
    Duncan1800

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    BTW, are the required cables really that hard to find for it now? I think I have some extras.
    Well, you can use a regular old RF Modulator with any Genesis. If you're talking about that DIN output (which converts into composite AV output), then yeah, they're harder to find. I've got a non-specific one on my Genny which works fine, but it doesn't output in real stereo without an extra splitter -- and even then, it's still not right.

What's involved with the cables you've got? If it's DIN on the one side and white-red-yellow RCA on the other, I'd like two (for the Genny and the Master System).
    Active systems owned: Wii, X360, PS3
    Inactive systems owned: RCA, INTV2, NES, SMS, Genesis, Lynx, SNES, Saturn, PS1, GBC, DC, PS2, GBA, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS
    Systems wanted: Coleco, 7800, TG16, GG, 3DS, Vita, WiiU

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I only have two like that here, one for my Genesis & one for my Saturn. Then I have a really weird one that's DIN on one end, Yellow/White RCA on the other, apparently it's a mono cable that must've come with my Nomad. I also have one that's Red/White RCA on both ends for my Sega CD, which I got at Radio Shack, so I would think that you could get any other cables you need at Radio Shack also. I still can't understand or even believe why these cables would be so hard to find though, seeing as how they work with both the Genesis & the Saturn, not to mention the 32X, the Nomad, & the SMS. If they work with every Sega system besides the Dreamcast, there should be millions of them in the world by now, and surely they'd still make them!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!