Thread: Reasons given for selling games and systems!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Reasons given for selling games and systems!

What is up with people giveing reasons on why they are selling things (most noteable on ebay)? Does the average bidder really care why it is on ebay? I really don't need a background into an item unless it has some bearing on the origin or authintisity of an item, like an autograph, or a rare system that was given as a contest prize.

We have all come across reasons like "I have decided to stop collecting" or "My mom/wife/girlfrined is making my sell". But what are some of the more outlandish, stupid, or just plain funny reasons you have read? Post 'em here!
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like reading the reasons why people are getting rid of their items. It makes you feel like you know them a little better and tells you a little about the history of the item.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't mind it gives life less Ebay a human touch.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most the reasons ive seen were just because they need the cash....but i dont get angry when i read them...i think they put the reason down so we arent left saying.."hmmm why are they selling this...does it work alright...maybe i wont bid...its probably broke or something"

As to any "outlandish" reasons anyone has seen...i dont think you will find any...if any one has seen a reason besides from " i stopped collecting...my wife made me...i need the cash...i just felt like it" i dont think you will find any wierder
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I actually like people telling me why they are selling an item, and when buying an expensive item, I always ask. Why are you selling your car? Is it because it breaks down all the time, is it because you're tired of paying for repairs, or is it because you just had a kid and now you need a bigger vehicle?Are they selling their laptop because they graduated from college, or is it because it's so old it won't run any newer programs? When buying arcade PCB's, are they untested from a lot purchase, or did they come out of a working game?

I find it to be helpful information when making purchases, and always include it in my sales as well.

As far as strange ones, I think the funniest ones are always the "selling for revenge ones", like "my son is grounded and so I'm selling his games" or "I'm getting divorced so here's all my wife's stuff." I don't know how many of those are true, but they usually get a chuckle out of me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    I actually like people telling me why they are selling an item, and when buying an expensive item, I always ask. Why are you selling your car? Is it because it breaks down all the time, is it because you're tired of paying for repairs, or is it because you just had a kid and now you need a bigger vehicle?Are they selling their laptop because they graduated from college, or is it because it's so old it won't run any newer programs? When buying arcade PCB's, are they untested from a lot purchase, or did they come out of a working game?

I find it to be helpful information when making purchases, and always include it in my sales as well.

As far as strange ones, I think the funniest ones are always the "selling for revenge ones", like "my son is grounded and so I'm selling his games" or "I'm getting divorced so here's all my wife's stuff." I don't know how many of those are true, but they usually get a chuckle out of me.
    Thats just the thing, you can't tell if the reason is true. They could be making anything up. I ment for this to be a humorus thread, I have no complaints with people giving reasons why. I just thought that with all the ebay and flea markets people on the DP Forums do there might be a few humorous reasons.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, i like this

i especially like these kind of sellers: >50 positives, small ebay activity, selling game/console lot for their kids and this stuff, almost always in perfect shape and quite cheap
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

it doesnt bother me one way or another

as long as it works fine when i get it, its an item i want, in the condition expected, and i got it at the price that i feel was what i wanted to spend on it
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983