Thread: Omg, I just played Timesplitters 2 for 20 hours straight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Omg, I just played Timesplitters 2 for 20 hours straight!

I can't believe how time flew playing this game, before I knew it it was time for dinner, lol.

This game is like fps crack! The game runs like a PC game, but it's faster, and has more style than any one i've ever played, and has visuals that will freak you out, make you laugh your ass off, or just give you one helluva adrenaline rush.

I'm not sure how the PS2, or the Gamecube versions run "ok I do know how it runs on GC, but i'm trying to avoid bashing as it sucks", but on the Xbox with 10 bots in multiplayer, it's blazin!

This is by far the best console game i've bought this year, and I would recommend it to Xbox owning fps fans. It's a badass game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I've yet to have framerate probs on the cube version in multiplayer. I question their very existence on all copies of the game.

I hate that monkey. It will burn. >
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I have seen a little slowdown on the GC version... that was however with 4 players and 8 bots running around in one of the most graphical intensive levels available. That was the PAL version though, I've not seen a sausage of slowdown on my NTSC copy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shupirate

20 hours straight!

Snoop Doggie Dog , you gotta get yourself a jobbie job!

I think we may need to hold an intervention meeting for you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't do anything for 20 hours straight. Not even stay awake.

So person A says the Cube version slows down and sucks, person B says it never slows down, person C says he thinks he say some slowdown once. Which is it?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(Damn wish I could be person 'X' instead of boring 'D'..)

Nope, personally I've never seen slowdown in the game on the GC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, i've compared my Xbox version to my friends Gamecube version side to side in a very unbias way.

The Gamecube version is identical in single player, and the graphics are great on both systems, but multiplayer is much slower on GC.

If you compare the 2 on the same stage with same amount of bots, guns, and everything, you will see that when you kill a bot they fall much slower on GC, and that the gameplay really bogs down alot more than the box, though the GC version is still loads of fun, but there's no doubt that it has framerate issues, and if you played the Xbox version, you would want to play it instead.

Both versions are great, it's just hard for me to play the GC version on multiplayer cause it's alot more twitchy and unbalanced, and feels like a different game than the Xbox multiplayer. The slowdown on GC leads to kills that you aren't sure where they came from, but on Xbox you have a better fighting chance, and usualkly know where you are, and have a good lock on what's going on.

Btw, that's why I said Omg, I played for 20 hours straight, cause it isn't like me, and I haven't done it since I was 15. Don't wory, i'm going back to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I watched my roommate and a friend play some 2-player co-op on GameCube. Sure enough, there was moderate slowdown.

However, I've heard anecdotally that the Xbox version slows down more, making GCN the best overall version. *shrug* Just what I heard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think it's cause people rate slowdown differently. To some it may seem that the Xbox version is slower, cause you character seems like he's going slower cause he is able to keep up with the action, and all around things are less jumpy.

While in the GC version things are more jumpy, and sparatic which may seem like it's going faster when in fact it's bogging down, and giving that illusion.

Just cause everything goes fast, doesn't mean it doesn't have slowdown. It's kinda like when you play a game online with a 26k, and everything moves fast, but you die easily, this is the same case, and is what I consider slowdown.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone have any info on the PS2 version?!?!?!

I'm planning on getting it for Christmas, so reply if ya know anything about slowdown (I'll probably get it regardless tho).

-=Mr. NEStalgia=-

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Timesplitters 2 does indeed rock.

I almost hate to do this to ya, BHVRD, but ... have you tried Red Faction II yet? I daresay it's a better game. I daresay, but I won't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

@DP, no I haven't, should I? I didn't really care for the first. The cutscenes were boring, and ugly, the game was kinda fun, but not so great, and the multiplayer was VERY basic. I loved the geomod though. Is the second one really that better?

More on TS2,

Man, I was at a very hightened state of realism tonight while playing TS2. I put the game on chilled on Robot Factory stage with 10 bots all at a 1 star rating each bot on team deathmatch. I was up on the bridge, and looked down, and was literally in a trance at what this game is throwing around. The character animations, moving platforms, and constant battles are just amazing to watch, and this is definitely the finest multiplayer fps game on a console to date! Zooming in on the action with the laser gun is just neat btw.

The game is like a cross between Quake 3, and Unreal Tournament, but on a much broader scale. This game is quite a wonder, and though story mode is also pretty decent, and the game has many modes to add play value, multiplayer is just a sight to behold, and once you are able to slow the game down, and watch it, you'll be impressed even more! I'm still loving it, and liking it more, and more everyday, it's a definite keeper!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd
    @DP, no I haven't, should I? I didn't really care for the first. The cutscenes were boring, and ugly, the game was kinda fun, but not so great, and the multiplayer was VERY basic. I loved the geomod though. Is the second one really that better?
    It's a completely different game. I didn't like the first one either. About the only thing that's stayed the same is the "geo mod" feature. The story is great, the level designs ingenious, and the action is frantic and tight. Give it a rental. I tihnk you'll like it, based on the things you like about Timesplitters 2.