Thread: Heroes of Might and Magic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Heroes of Might and Magic

Picked up a copy of Heroes 4 today at a second hand book store for 10 bucks. I went on Ebay when I got home to see if I could find a expansion pack for it, I was pleasantly surprised to see that HOMM 4 is going for about 100 bucks on average. When did this game become collectible?

Also on a side note. Does anyone know if there will be another HOMM game? I couldn't find out any info on the web, I haven't had any time to really dig though. I wonder if 3do still holds the franchise license, I'm hoping they sold it or something.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Seriously, I think the collectibility happened when 3DO when down in flames (they went bankrupt, if I remember correctly), and took with it any hope of the typical "gold edition" common to releases such as this, which is what I and several others were waiting for. I think Ubi Soft got the rights to the Might and Magic franchise, but I don't know what, if anything is being done with that. Evidently not a HOMM 4 rerelease, though.

I've been after that at a good price for a while. Nice find.

I found this site a while back for general HOMM news: http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~homm/index.php . I seem to remember some HOMM 5 info a while ago; this site would probably be among the first to post anything.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw one of these at compusa a WHILE ago but passed up on it cause I didn't really know if I would like the new HOMM. DOH! I've been keeping an eye out for it but after I played through it I'm sure it would be sold ;D.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default *ding!*

welllll, big geo, ubi soft owns the rights to might & magic these days, and they've actually had gameloft make a new m&m game... for cellphones x_x . it got a 9.0 at gamespot, if you're interested.

there's also a freeware game called might & magic tribute being programmed by a bunch of dedicated folks that looks pretty sweet: http://www.mmt.34sp.com/index.shtml

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default lol

Yeah, I just sold one I found for $3.00...............for $67.99 on the bay. Looks like I will get out of game debt after all!
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Steam
    calthaer

The reason this has become so collectible is the fact that 3D0 went out of business, pure and simple. I have a limited-edition copy along with the two expansion packs - I had an extra one of the red-box expansion packs (it wasn't winds of war, forget which one) but I believe I made a good trade for it a while back. I'll have to check, though.
    You are startled by a grim snarl. Before you, you see 1 Red dragon. Will your stalwart band choose to (F)ight or (R)un?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the links, I appreciate it. It looks like there will be a HOMM 5, according to this.

[url]http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~homm/index.php?page=homm5/h5earlyinfo.shtml