Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Default Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time

Okay, I know this game has been out a few weeks, but I have'nt seen any talk about it so far -- is anyone else playing it?

I was'nt planning on getting it so soon, but I picked it up on a whim (and talking to the manager, who I like and trust) of my local EB on Sat. I've only gotten about five hours into the game, but so far I'd nominate this game for RPG of the Year, along wth Fable. What a great game!

I liked Star Ocean 2, but there were several things I did'nt care for in that game. Those flaws seem fixed in this game. The graphics are really good considering how long the game was in development for. The music is nice and fits with the game, the controls are really easy, and the idea of Battle Trophies adds a lot of challenge to it.

Also, it's nice to play a game that actually has options to take ADVANTAGE of a widescreen TV. It looks REALLY good on my new TV, and makes me eager to see new games that will have this built in. Kinda gives it a movie feel.

The plot, from what I've seen so far, is really good and detailed. It reminds me both of Star Ocean 2 and Xenosaga, with the science-fiction elements, being trapped on a underdeveloped planet, and some of the cut scenes (although the actuall FMV's in the game are few and far between). It looks really detailed and it's making me want to keep playing a little longer to see what happens in the next scene.

You also still can pick from Private Actions (called Personal Actions) in this one that will influence which of the game's many endings that you get, and there are optional quests and item making you can do.

And the voice acting is quite good, I think -- not the best I've heard, but better then some other games.

The only things I don't like have to do with the real time battle system. I wish there was some way to let my primary charcter fight automaticaly, like you could in the Lunar games or Star Ocean 2. Also, I hate how the battle skills cost you HP to use. Finally, the Dictionary system is a nice way of getting terms and what not explained (similar to what is in Xenosaga) but it's a little off -- some terms are introduced too early then they should be, resulting in some small spoilers I've read by accident.

If you like RPG's, give this one a shot. One of the best I've played in a while. If you liked Star Ocean 2, you'll love this!
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It looks good so I picked it up along with SO:2. I have yet to play either of them yet.

Im glad to hear that it sounds like a keeper. Ugh too many games to play Still got to get my ass back playing FFXI!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this might sound stupid , but i got it few weeks ago and completly forgot about it (lefted under a pile of clothes in my room) ... right now iam playing KDamacy instead !! will get to it asap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's ok, I kinda don't like it. Too cimematicy like Xenosaga and the English voices suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    The only things I don't like have to do with the real time battle system. I wish there was some way to let my primary charcter fight automaticaly
    And you already don't control most all your party directly...so what...you want the game to play itself?
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Actually, max, yeah, I do.

Not allways, you understand. But for the easy battles, I LIKE just leaving it on Auto, like I did with the Lunar games.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion