A few years ago my wife was manager of a Blockbuster video. They were getting rid of most of the N64 stuff and with it, a specialized Pokemon display - much like the TV stands you see in game stores - but this was custom for Pokemon, looked a lot more like an arcade cabinet with Pokemon decals. It was going to the trash, and quite frankly, as much as I loved video games, I couldn't think of a more fitting place. We're talking about someone who used to save video game store receipts in a scrapbook like they were some sort of treasure, but I shunned this?

Wow, how times have changed. I am kicking myself for letting this thing go to the trash - not because it looked good, not because I love Pokemon (I've never actually played it) - but shit, how many people have something like that in their living room? Why the hell didn't I take it? My question is, did I let something rare and valuable slip out of my hands? I don't care if it is or isn't worth anything, I'm just curious (it being worth $200 wouldn't make me any more or less upset)- I'm angry at myself for letting it go simply for the fact that it was something I would, now, love to have in the corner of my growing collection. Everyone needs a weird little conversaion piece and this could have been mine. Blast! Oh well.

Anyone know what I am talking about?