Thread: Pokemon/N64 game demo display - worth anything?

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pokemon/N64 game demo display - worth anything?

A few years ago my wife was manager of a Blockbuster video. They were getting rid of most of the N64 stuff and with it, a specialized Pokemon display - much like the TV stands you see in game stores - but this was custom for Pokemon, looked a lot more like an arcade cabinet with Pokemon decals. It was going to the trash, and quite frankly, as much as I loved video games, I couldn't think of a more fitting place. We're talking about someone who used to save video game store receipts in a scrapbook like they were some sort of treasure, but I shunned this?

Wow, how times have changed. I am kicking myself for letting this thing go to the trash - not because it looked good, not because I love Pokemon (I've never actually played it) - but shit, how many people have something like that in their living room? Why the hell didn't I take it? My question is, did I let something rare and valuable slip out of my hands? I don't care if it is or isn't worth anything, I'm just curious (it being worth $200 wouldn't make me any more or less upset)- I'm angry at myself for letting it go simply for the fact that it was something I would, now, love to have in the corner of my growing collection. Everyone needs a weird little conversaion piece and this could have been mine. Blast! Oh well.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you speaking of the Pokemon Snap N64 printer display? Those things are awsome and can fetch some money. The only problem is supplies are running low so they are becoming virtually useless and just good displays now.

SOunds to me that is what your talking about and if so SUCKS! :P
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I remember you laughing about it, PNP!

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you speaking of the Pokemon Snap N64 printer display? Those things are awsome and can fetch some money. The only problem is supplies are running low so they are becoming virtually useless and just good displays now.
    No (but that sounds awesome) it was for Pokemon Stadium. I think they may have built these things primarily for kids in hospitals (terminally ill kids) - or something... I have no idea why I think that, but something in the far reaches of my memory seems to be indicating that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when i went on a trip to san diego, they had a n64 hooked up in a mcdonalds (this was over the summer).

its cool dude, I missed my good chance too. i used to work for tru, and they were throwing away the old displays for the snes and genesis with the systems and demo games still chilling in them. at that time, i figured, "why in the hell would I get either of these. i could have had both for free.

believe me, i know the feeling. i actually felt that feeling when i showed up for work one day and saw them destroyed in the big ass dumpster (they were remodeling the store).

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

We used to have a snap station...I've been trying to find any remaining peices, like the printer, we might have around still.