Thread: NES Reproductions ..scammer alert!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES Reproductions ..scammer alert!

Wow.. I guess it was only a matter of time before others jumped in and decided to sell reproductions. Competition never hurt anyone.

Necrosaro420 is going to hurt a lot of people, and something has to be done about it.

A: Necrosaro420's web site

vs

B: http://www.nesreproductions.com

Case and point:

1) According to A: "I did not create the lables myself, I have provided a link at the bottom of the page to the authors sites." Yet there is no working link on the bottom. Worst yet, the downtown special label was stolen from B!

Any customer that buys a cart from A will think they're getting a high quality label. How can a label be high quality if its source is only a 100x177 jpeg image?

2) According to A, SMB2j can be reproduced. I want to see proof of this. Folks be careful. The SMB2j version that is out there does not work on reproductions. As far as I know, a special version of SMB2j was sent to B from the author and is the one being used. But if A really reproduced it, can he prove it? x_x

3) Apart from labels on carts and stolen images, can A prove the game actually plays on the real system?

4) What about the batteries in the games? A's web site lists 5 games that use batteries. Is he going to replace them if they die?

What protection to people have from scammers?

Yes.. you might think I'm posting this because I don't want the competiition.. but frankly I don't care. This is not my job. I work for a very high paying IT company as a C/C++ compiler developer and care less about starting my own business selling reproductions. I make 3 times more per hour at my day job than I do making these carts. It's a hobby for me.. nothing more.

The reason I decided to post this message is the same reason that Joe (DP) or Martin (NESWORLD) would if they found someone else stealing their work (my label and format), and using it to scam money out of people.

Many of you are aware of the costs involved in making reproductions. If Necrosaro420 can prove to us all that he's not a scammer, and that he really reproduced all the carts on his website than I will appologize for calling him a scammer right here.

But until that day, buyer beware!

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Where is his website?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you bother contacting him before you just flamed him right here?

IMHO, People who are producing and selling illegal items really shouldn't be complaining in the first place.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry.. forgot about that:

http://www.nesplanet.com/reproductions

Navigate to the rest of nesplanet.com and see the other great "contributions" to the NES community. x_x

As far as flaming goes, I really don't care. If he can do it for less, great! My wife would love to see me put my soldering iron down and spend more time with her.

Again..

Buyer beware!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default f

Hey, the shit aint really legal anyway, much as I love them. Tough to complain on this situation...I mean yeah, he likely stole some labels and such, but the games are stolen too...soooo...how is that different?

-ROb
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whoa, this thread needs locked right away. leonk, from what i have seen and read you are an honest and good guy, but there are certain places and times for things like this and i think the buying and selling forum is bad place for this. maybe you should drop him a PM and figure out this problem like an adult instead of resorting to a public place where everyone reads. IMHO bad judgement.

-Josh

Strawberry (Level 2) Necrosaro420's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, these are 100x107...whatever, you can look below, and BTW, use some common sence, I have the cart PICTURES on there. PICTURES of the CART with the LABEL on them. Your site is the one that has a 100x177 labels posted on them. I have them posted on the cart.

My SMB2j came from Loopy himself, you can ask him. And they have NO Scanline problem in the clouds like yours.

Yes.. you might think I'm posting this because I don't want the competiition.. but frankly I don't care. This is not my job. I work for a very high paying IT company as a C/C++ compiler developer and care less about starting my own business selling reproductions. I make 3 times more per hour at my day job than I do making these carts. It's a hobby for me.. nothing more.
    Then make them for yourself and stop complaining.

I have not "Stole" any images. I get them from the same place you get yours, jred's site, ect ect. Your the one claming that this work is your own. Like that one day "i finally sat my butt down and made a raisins label" you made a label that has been posted on http://jeremyred.com/labels for a while....Then "just made up a hero's quest label" You made up a label, went back in time, put it on my computer, had it sit there 6 months, then come out and decide you made it? And http://www.geocities.com/pemdawg/index.htm is the other one in case anyone else wants them as well :P

I have sent several of these out the other day, just wait until they get to there destination, then you ask about the quality.

Many of you are aware of the costs involved in making reproductions.
    Yep, about 6 bucks is what I can do them for out of my pocket.

Time 2 shoot down 2 birds with 1 stone. Here is the smb2j that "can not be reproduced" that YOU, Leonk are selling, AND a picture of it on my screen.

http://www.nesplanet.com/labels/ebsmall.tif

http://www.nesplanet.com/labels/miniputtsmalll.tif

http://www.nesplanet.com/labels/raisinssmall.tif

http://www.nesplanet.com/labels/shblacksmalll.tif

http://www.nesplanet.com/labels/smb2jsmall.tif

http://www.nesplanet.com/labels/sunmansmalll.tif

http://www.nesplanet.com/labels/ebsmall.tif

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro420
    Ok, these are 100x107...whatever, you can look below, and BTW, use some common sence, I have the cart PICTURES on there. PICTURES of the CART with the LABEL on them. Your site is the one that has a 100x177 labels posted on them. I have them posted on the cart.
    Really? Can you please post a link to full size images of:

- chronicles of the radia war
    - drac's night out
    - Downtown special

Didn't think so. You stole the Downtown special image from me. The 100x177 images are jump thumbnails to the real ones (found in TIFF format on my HD).

My SMB2j came from Loopy himself, you can ask him. And they have NO Scanline problem in the clouds like yours.
    My version has no scan line problems. Who do you think worked together with loopy to fix his version?? Better yet, if a new version of the game will come out, will you offer free upgrades? I have to all my SMB2j customers already.

I have not "Stole" any images.
    You stole the Downtown special image off my website!!!!

you made a label that has been posted on http://jeremyred.com/labels for a while....Then "just made up a hero's quest label" You made up a label, went back in time, put it on my computer, had it sit there 6 months, then come out and decide you made it?
    Look at my raisins cart and the one JDRED has out. Mine was made from a scan of the Nintendo power magazine which I own. My label is totally different.

Same with Hero Quest, downtown special, SMB2j, Eon man, both FF2 & FF3, Zeldac, Moon Crystal (the one on the web is too low res for 1440dpi printing!), and Radia war.

http://www.geocities.com/pemdawg/index.htm is the other one in case anyone else wants them as well :P
    Exactly my point! all those images are 187x303 resolution!! And you're printing them at high res? x_x

Whatever..

moderators. Lock away.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, about 6 bucks is what I can do them for out of my pocket.
    For the cost of cart, 2 eprom chips, ink and label, and stuff to remove old label.

I'll take 50.

No.. really. I want 50 FF2 carts please.

P.S. wow.. interesting how fast you removed my image from your site and added the links! x_x

Strawberry (Level 2) Necrosaro420's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1, I have no removed anything. 2 i am not going to post a full pic of these, if you want the full size, you can purchase the cart from me.

My version has no scan line problems.
    Ahh you removed the pic's you had on your site that showed the problem.

Also, I dont have and never had a radia war picture. Also dont have an eon man, ff3, or the smb2j label that you have and hero's quest on my site?. I do not know what you are going on about.

Exactly my point! all those images are 187x303 resolution!!
    Those are not my labels, so I am not giving out hi res copys. Again, if you want one, feel free to purchase one from me or contact the author. The sunman is a JPG that I convereted, and it is not the tif file that I use, same with the others.

Look at my raisins cart and the one JDRED has out.
    Ahhh sorry, you took the red border off and painted the background black. Exact same image.

I am done with this thread of yours. I have posted my proof, posted pic's of the game on there that "is not reproducable" that you are selling that that you claim to be selling right above mine. Also,

If Necrosaro420 can prove to us all that he's not a scammer, and that he really reproduced all the carts on his website than I will appologize for calling him a scammer right here.

Posted the pic. If anyone wants pic's of a specific game playing, I will show them.....and im still waiting for an appology.

P.S. wow.. interesting how fast you removed my image from your site and added the links!
    Because the page was not complete, and it still is not complete. I have a life, and I dont have time to sit in front of the computer all day. The page will be done when it gets done.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This stuff really needs to go to pm's now. It's illegal what the both of you are doing. If a is stealing from b, they will be found out via the quality of the carts, but this isn't really the place for it, as its just going to end up being a bitchfest between the two of you imho. If you are doing it as a service, then I don't see what the deal is, you claim he is using your hard work, but aren't you already doing the same via the people whose games you reproduce? Just a thought.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes this is quickly becoming quite silly.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry folks..

He removed my images and gave proper links to the original authors of those labels.

Please close this thread.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Closed at leonk's request.