Thread: Ever order anything from gamesmaster on ebay?

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ever order anything from gamesmaster on ebay?

I ordered Shin Kaitei Gunkan on October 1st, and I still haven't gotten it yet. I wrote to him on October 11th and asked him what the status of my order was, but I have yet to receive a reply from him. Most of his feedback says that he has super fast shipping, but some of his other feedback complains that his shipping is super slow. So what's the deal? He's in the St. Louis area and I'm in the Houston area, so I think I should've received my order already. I'm getting pretty upset about it now, especially since I still haven't received a reply from him yet. He has alot of feedback that says that he has excellent communication too, so why is my transaction not going so flawlessly? I paid him by Paypal immediately after placing the order with BIN, so I thought I would get it within a week. It's been two weeks now, and still no package from him in my mailbox yet. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to leave a neutral on this one whenever it finally gets here, and I sure as hell hope that I don't have to leave a negative because I never do get it. I ordered it from him because he was selling it for half of what NCS wants for it, but even with such a great discount on it, I still expected alot better service than this!

You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what others have told me that person was suppose to be kind of slow to ship not to mention he shipped first class. I think I bought something fairly cheap from him a few years ago and took about 2 weeks to receive the item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, it seems that those who complain about the slowness do eventually get their items, but SHEESH! I don't even wanna know how long it would take to get it if I sent a money order, most sellers have gotten their items to me faster than this even when I did send a money order! I guess I should just try to be more patient about it, but it does upset me that he didn't even reply to my question about the status of my shipment. He was very quick to send me an invoice and give me his payment information, but his whole process is kinda weird. You have to send him an email just to find out what his Paypal address is, that's really very strange to me. You'd think he'd just put a direct link to pay him with Paypal, since all of his items are BIN as far as I've seen. But whatever, as long as I get it as pictured and described, I'll be cool with him. It's just making me nervous that it's taking it so long to get here, because I've already gotten two things that I've bought since then, and I have two more things on the way that may get here before that does also! It just seems weird to buy more stuff and get it before I get that, and it bothers me that most people said his shipping was very fast.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've bought from him and it took awhile for me too. At that time he was doing a lot of business and missed my PP payment. I guess that's what took so long, but the items were as described.
    What have you done America?

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From this point on dude when you're on ebay, deal with Mad Gear.

They kick Gamesmaster into teh dirt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Contaminous
    From this point on dude when you're on ebay, deal with Mad Gear.

They kick Gamesmaster into teh dirt.
    You mean Mad-Gear LLC a/k/a 16-bit?
    I've got his eBay store listed in my eBay favorites (actually, it's the only one in there). He's also a member of this forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SIGH... Well I'm STILL waiting for this game. I sent him another email today, and kinda read his beads a little, so I hope he gets off his ass and sends it. I don't think that I'm gonna order anything from him again, unless it's the only way that I can get what I want. I'm almost beginning to think that the extra $20 in savings over NCS isn't worth all the stress of waiting for it to get here. I know that I would've had it a week ago now, if I had ordered it from NCS.

I haven't ordered anything from Mad Gear yet, but I'll check out their store. Can you give me a link to it? So far I've had nothing but good things to say about all the importers that I've dealt with on ebay, but this one is pissing me off. At least answer my emails and tell me something. It's not like I'm being a pest. I sent one email after a week of waiting, and now a second one after 2 weeks of waiting. And I don't wanna have to send another one after 3 weeks of waiting, because if I do, it's gonna be to tell him that I am filing a complaint if another week goes by with no game and no reply. I used BIN and then paid immediately with Paypal, so I didn't expect anything like this at all. This is the speed of money order service, not credit card service.

Get BIT!

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ventrra: Yup. That Mad Gear I'm referring to is member "16-bit".

Iron Draggon: Mad Gear, that place is the shit I tell ya! It has so much stuff on BIN, that you could stumble up on that one game that you want when you let your guard down and at least expect it! Considering I live close to them (They're based in Maryland), if I used PP before 5, I get the game on the next day. Here's the link.

http://www.stores.ebay.com/store=13244319

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

COOL! Thanks! Now I recognize the place. I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but I've seen quite a few things that I was interested in popping up there recently. They do have a very nice selection of stuff to choose from.

Get BIT!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got 2 game boy games within a week from him.
    Sorry Ryan, but your girlfriend is in another school.

Video games & manga (my manga scanlation group that scanlates video game manga) http://www.north101.net/Chara/vgm/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well it's been almost 3 weeks now, still no game, and still no reply to my emails! So I dunno what's up with him, but I'm pissed! I'm just about ready to leave him a neg and file a complaint, maybe that will get him off his ass!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I'd say you have been more then patient. Leaving a customer waiting 3 weeks without any response telling you any status on your order is simply unreasonable. Your final e-mail should be one stating the intent to file a complaint and leave negative feedback. They placed the price on the BIN, not you. There is no excuse. Either they will choose to respond or they will just blow you off further. Either way, do make certain to file that complaint and DO leave the negative feedback. They may leave likewise with yourself, but thats only to be expected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh don't worry, that's my plan. If I don't get the game or hear something from him sometime this week, then Monday's email will do just that, state my intent to file a complaint and leave negative feedback within 5 days of that email. I've had enough of this bullshit. I either want the game or I want my money back so I can order it from NCS, like I apparently should've in the first place. The weird thing is, this guy has 2272 feedback and 98.7% of it is positive, so you would think that he'd be alot more reliable than all this BS.

I wouldn't be so mad about the long delay if he'd just tell me what the hell is going on with my order. So your wife is dying of cancer and you're just too traumatized by it all to deal with your ebay business right now, or whatever, I can understand that, but sheesh, let your paying customers know that you're backlogged or something! My only consolation is that it doesn't look like anyone else has been getting their stuff lately either. He's hardly had any new feedback since I won my item, and what little new feedback he has is from over a month ago! So apparently this guy just crawls along and takes his own sweet time, and most idiots are happy enough with their purchases to leave him pos feedback and praise him for his "super fast shipping" HA!

Well not me, he's getting a neutral at best. I agree, it's just inexcusable. I may have been trying to save an extra $20 on it, by ordering it from him instead of from NCS, but that doesn't mean that I should have to wait this long when I paid him right away with Paypal. If he only ships his orders once a month or whatever, then he should state that in his auctions so people like me will be more fairly warned that the $20 savings is gonna cost a month of waiting for it in agony, wondering when it's finally gonna arrive, or if it's even ever gonna arrive at all! I just got two more orders today that I paid for since I paid for that item, so this really is getting to be far beyond ridiculous now.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well after 3 weeks and 3 emails, the last of which I finally got a response to, because I threatened to start filing complaints in it, I finally got the game, but I'm still not very happy with it. The case is cracked, the factory seal has been torn off on one corner, and the manual has been bent up a bit on one side in a couple of places. None of this was mentioned in the auction. It was described as "The game is in NEW/SEALED Condition A Great Collectors Copy of a Rare Import!" Yeah right, some great collector's copy this copy of it is!

Also, I paid $4.50 for shipping, but it arrived by media mail at only $1.55, so no wonder it took so long for it to arrive. It was packed very well in a big box too, so I know that the seller knew that it was in much less than the sort of condition that he implied it was in. Maybe I should've expected this, since he was selling it for $20 less than what it goes for at NCS, but I don't think that my expectations were too high, considering the way that it was described. Yes, it is in NEW/SEALED condition, so I can't really argue with that, but the rest of the description was certainly very misleading for any true collector like myself, don't you think? So I'm just very disappointed.

He gave me some BS story about why it took so long and why I never heard from him in response to any of my earlier emails before I resorted to making threats too. Check this out, this should give you an idea of his real service:

"Hi there
    Your game has been mailed and will be with you shortly, please be a little more patient. We have just completed a house move so I havent had time to do much of late, including answer e-mail. I havent had much chance to get online recently - take a look at our auctions. Your game though has been mailed and should be there anytime.
    Thanks
    Regards
    The GamesMaster"

Now if he would've just told me that 2 weeks ago when I first emailed him, then I wouldn't have emailed him two more times after that. I could've just given him the benefit of the doubt, and expected that it was gonna take another 2 or 3 weeks before the game finally arrived. But no, he caused me all this undue stress over it instead, only to be even more disappointed when the game finally did arrive, in much less condition than his description of it had led me to believe that it would be in whenever it did finally get here.

So I don't think that I'm gonna be buying anything else from him anymore, even if it is only half of what it costs at NCS. Right now I'm debating about whether I should leave him a neutral or a negative, and I'm very tempted to ask him for a refund, but I'm afraid that it would probably take even longer for that, and then I'd probably just end up without the game and all the money for it, plus the additional cost of shipping it back to him, so I dunno what to do now. This is the worst transaction that I've ever had on ebay so far, and though I know that it could be much worse, I'm still not very happy.

Anyway, I placed an order for another copy of it at NCS today, and they said that it would ship out by UPS Ground today, since I placed my order before 5PM EST. So I'm gonna see how much faster it gets here from them, and hopefully it will be in the sort of condition that I was expecting this one to be in. If it's not, then they say that I can return it to them and they will credit my account within 24hrs of receiving it, since I paid by credit card.

So if you want a good deal on this game, and you don't mind its condition, I have a brand new disk that I'm sure is in mint condition, it just has a cracked case and a slightly damaged manual, but it is actually factory sealed anyhow. It's a hex-based wargame based on a rather obscure anime, so it probably is pretty rare, and you can get it for half of what it sells for at NCS. I'll sell it for the same price that I paid for it, but unlike the gamesmaster, I'll send it to you by priority mail, and you should have it within a week. So if you have an interest in it, let me know. I dunno what else to do, unless I tried to send this one back to NCS and tell them that it must've been damaged in transit, but I hate to do that because they probably wouldn't believe my story and give me a refund on it anyway, and even if they did, it would be pretty rude of me to do that to them when they weren't really at fault for anything.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now this is what I call service! I placed my order with NCS on Monday, and it just arrived today! So less than 5 days total waiting time for it, and it's in alot better shape than the one that I had waited forever for the gamesmaster to send me too. So I guess you get what you pay for. Pay half price, get half quality and half service, pay full price, get full quality and full service. That's fair enough, I suppose. Now what am I gonna do with this extra copy of the game? I wonder if I could get NCS to take it back and give me a refund for it? The package they sent me was beat up pretty bad, so I probably could get away with it, but I dunno. That still seems like a pretty rude thing to do.

Get BIT!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still don't think getting it for $20.00 less was that bad. You could just open it up replace the case which only cost about a $1.00 or so and still get a reasonable good deal minus the little wear on the manual. I assume you were at least going to open the game up and actually play it?

Personally if he doesn't mention how he's going to ship it generally it's the slowest means possible either first class or media mail and of course they'll add something extra to cover there seller and Paypal fees. Did he have a picture of the item and did it show any flaws with the item or was there no picture or a stock photo? Some people just list the condition of the CD and don't care to list if there's anything wrong with the case or manual. You probably should of asked about the case or manual if it's really that important to you as well as maybe what form of shipping he was going to use.