Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are those psm's with snake eater demo rare?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    Welcome to the MP3 Generation's way of thinking.
    You know as well as i do that is an unfair statement.
    To keep from rambling i am just going to say if you think i am a thief feel free to think that.
    If anyone here can say truthfully they have never done ANYTHING illeagal then please do so. Everyone does things that they know are wrong or could be considered wrong.
    I knew full well that some people might think me taking stuff out of those magazines would be wrong i did it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Qixmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Quote Originally Posted by cauterize
    u dirty dirty theives...

is money free?
    do demo disks grow on trees?

didnt think so...

come on guys, were game collectors not criminals! im disappointed in you!
    I have to agree with Caut. I mean, maybe I'm just a weiner, but I was never one to steal from a store. I really can't justifiy it in my mind no matter what. I mean, if I'm not paying for it, and it's not labeled as 'free', and I'm not given it as free, then, I'm pretty sure it's not the correct thing to do.
    Not to mention if you get caught you will be embarassed and feel like a dumbass for shoplifting a stupid demo disk. Not worth it in my opinion, especially for a 5-9 dollar magazine.
    okay... I had the disc in my hand... went to and got a soda... went to the clerk and put the disc and the soda on the belt.... went through the line... and she asked what it was (the disc) i told her it came out of a magazine and was a game demo disc. She said, oh okay. I paid for my soda and left with both in hand.
    I have had similar experiances where clerks have watched me open the magazines and just said it had better be an old one.
    Which is the only ones i would take stuff from/read in store.
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    Welcome to the MP3 Generation's way of thinking.
    You know as well as i do that is an unfair statement.
    To keep from rambling i am just going to say if you think i am a thief feel free to think that.
    If anyone here can say truthfully they have never done ANYTHING illeagal then please do so. Everyone does things that they know are wrong or could be considered wrong.
    I knew full well that some people might think me taking stuff out of those magazines would be wrong i did it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    Quote Originally Posted by cauterize
    u dirty dirty theives...

is money free?
    do demo disks grow on trees?

didnt think so...

come on guys, were game collectors not criminals! im disappointed in you!
    I have to agree with Caut. I mean, maybe I'm just a weiner, but I was never one to steal from a store. I really can't justifiy it in my mind no matter what. I mean, if I'm not paying for it, and it's not labeled as 'free', and I'm not given it as free, then, I'm pretty sure it's not the correct thing to do.
    Not to mention if you get caught you will be embarassed and feel like a dumbass for shoplifting a stupid demo disk. Not worth it in my opinion, especially for a 5-9 dollar magazine.
    okay... I had the disc in my hand... went to and got a soda... went to the clerk and put the disc and the soda on the belt.... went through the line... and she asked what it was (the disc) i told her it came out of a magazine and was a game demo disc. She said, oh okay. I paid for my soda and left with both in hand.
    I have had similar experiances where clerks have watched me open the magazines and just said it had better be an old one. (EDIT Actually they said it had better not be a new one)
    Which is the only ones i would take stuff from/read in store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If people want free money, this is the way to do it. Find a store, rip out the demo disc and sell it on ebay... it isn't stealing. The disc does say NOT FOR RESALE...-Josh
    How do you figure this to not be stealing? you're taking something that doesn't belong to you. It says not for REsale. Meaning that its ok to sell one but not more than once. If anything, it's the ebay sales that are illegal (but who really monitors that?)

Quote Originally Posted by izret101
    I'm sure that most people have broken a law a few times in their lives though they ususally don't brag about it. the main problem that I see here is that you legitimately don't seem to think or care that what you're doing is wrong.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    If people want free money, this is the way to do it. Find a store, rip out the demo disc and sell it on ebay... it isn't stealing. The disc does say NOT FOR RESALE...-Josh
    How do you figure this to not be stealing? you're taking something that doesn't belong to you. It says not for REsale. Meaning that its ok to sell one but not more than once. If anything, it's the ebay sales that are illegal (but who really monitors that?)
    Better go get every used game store in the country(world actually). I garuntee at least one has a game that says not for resale on it.
    Sonic among posibly hundreds of others come to mind.
    Better find everyone who sold the game to those store too.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know much about this , but i do respect others morals,values,and beliefs ....so do what ever makes you happy...and keep on gaming !!!!
    GOOD SELLER'S: lone_monster, *BUYER"S**FantasiaWHT , The_Chosen_One, max 330 mega, DDCecil, video_game_addict, optic_85, **underexposed+ **, Querjek, buffquinn, Crush Crawfish, The Collector, pseudonym, bobdrywalls , charitycasegreg, y-bot, Captain Yashiro, ** Lady Jaye**,, buttasuperb

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I saw how much some of those damn auctions went for! Crazy!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, i really hope some of you that rip out demo discs out of magazines get caught and find yourselves in a nice set of police bracelets. There is a reason these magazines are sealed in a bag in the first place. You pay for a magazine, poster, demo disc, and whatever they toss in the bag as incentives to pick it up.

If they were free, they'd be marked "FREE" and probably on a counter for everyone to take one, not in a bag and bound into the magazine. It can be a royal pain to try to exchange one of these if the disc is gone, and don't say "Just call the publisher," because if its THAT easy, why don't YOU thieves call the company and claim you bought one?

Ever try to return a DVD that had its disc stolen out of the case? It ain't easy, and it ammounts to just about the same thing.

Old, new, whatever. If it wasn't in the trash, it isn't yours to take.

Join the Konami All Stars and get FREE stuff!

Visit the Prototype Archive - System Failure - A really old backup.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izret101
    When i go to a store and see 2 and 3 month old magazines sitting there i will take them out of the plastic flip thru them and grab something if it catches my eye. By that time anyone who wanted the mag bought it.

I don't go into a store saying a wonder how much stuff i can get from this months new issues.
    So it's okay to steal, as long as whatever you're stealing is a couple of months old. Gotcha.

-- Z.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: are those psm's with snake eater demo rare?

I just realized i did not take that demo it came in one of my "risk free" issues .
    But either way 99% of the stuff i have taken was from shops i habit were they didn't care.
    The other 1% i got from going to Big Y.

Quote Originally Posted by unbroken
    yea i remember people selling these on ebay, i found a few at some store, i was wondering if i should pick them up?
    To get back to your original topic they are not worth nearly as much as they were selling for.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel
    So it's okay to steal, as long as whatever you're stealing is a couple of months old. Gotcha.
    Especially if it 'has no possibility of being sold' too.

I know I would have been royally pissed if my MGS3 demo was missing... of course, it wasn't, but none of the demos worked bc of all the scratches and the stuck on glue. :\

The only time I feel you can steal is if it's in the garbage. One man's trash, and all that.

dave

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjax

Old, new, whatever. If it wasn't in the trash, it isn't yours to take.

here's the way i see it. I work for this god forsaken company. These magazines sit on the shelves for a month and nobody buys them. Kids just come in and rip the packages off so they can read them. By the time the next magazine comes out (YES this is an old Playstation magazine and has been since removed from the newstands in my areas) these olds ones get sent back to my company some 500 miles away.

What they do you ask?

They shred these magazines up. Send them to the chokey if you will. There is no recycling about it. I'm not going out of my way to rip open the packages just to take the disc out and sell it. I'm just simply taking the disc out of an ALREADY OPENED magazine, that is BEING SENT BACK to the distributor to be destroyed. Now F' me if i'm wrong... but is there anything wrong with taking something out of a magazine that is old and being sent to the shredding machine?

give me break people... nobody cares. And if you are dumb enough to buy a magazine that was SUPPOSED to have been sealed up, then you should get what you pay for. An opened magazine without "the poster and the goodies"

my advice. quite bitching and get a subscription. I hope i do get arrested, put in cuffs and sent to jail for taking a snake eater demo disc.

seriously this is ridiculous and i have nothing more to say.

-Josh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel
    Especially if it 'has no possibility of being sold' too.

I know I would have been royally pissed if my MGS3 demo was missing... of course, it wasn't, but none of the demos worked bc of all the scratches and the stuck on glue. :\

The only time I feel you can steal is if it's in the garbage. One man's trash, and all that.

dave
    HOLD on here. SO I'm not the only one with a broken MGS3 demo disk? I wonder how many people got broken ones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know much about this , but I do respect others morals,values,and beliefs ....so do what ever makes you happy.....

Ummm everyone doing whatever makes them happy is an anarchist's way of thinking of things. Stealing makes a lot of people happy and a lot of people miserable.

If you take old demo disks then you will have no moral thoughts about taking a new one either because people look for back issues of demo mags like myself. Stealing in a way is a slippery slope than just keeps building with more and more irrational explanations to make the persons behavior "ok". The problem with this is the same with emulation that I have. I want. I may be crazy, but if I can't afford something and am not willing to sacrifice for it then I really don't need it.

Rant END
    Flame away.... "puts on fire suit"
    "Gamers... Saving the world everyday so you dont have to!"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BTW the MP3 generation comment is dead on =)

"Gamers... Saving the world everyday so you dont have to!"