Thread: Vectrex WAR OF THE ROBOTS packaging!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Vectrex WAR OF THE ROBOTS packaging!!!

For you collectors...

After receiving numerous requests, I am releasing
    new box packaging for WAR OF THE ROBOTS.

http://geovector.tripod.com

Click on the WAR OF THE ROBOTS section, and
    scroll down to the bottom of the page.

George

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think i'll hold off from ordering any further games until I get the copies of I-Cyborg that I ordered from you over a month ago.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your cartridges are shipping this week. A private e-mail would have sufficed. Try to keep in mind next time that most homebrew authors work full-time jobs, have families, and need to eat and sleep. Your order will be delivered in under 8 weeks, which is not something that I'm necessarily proud of, but I did receive a lot of pre-orders all at once (and I filled them in the order received). If you had sent an e-mail, you would have also found out that I ran into some trouble with a bunch of bad EPROMs that I purchased, and I only recently was able to aquire more of them.

By the way, I'm not selling an additional game here. This is packaging for a game that sold out a year ago.

George

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FURY
    Your cartridges are shipping this week. A private e-mail would have sufficed. Try to keep in mind next time that most homebrew authors work full-time jobs, have families, and need to eat and sleep. Your order will be delivered in under 8 weeks, which is not something that I'm necessarily proud of, but I did receive a lot of pre-orders all at once (and I filled them in the order received). If you had sent an e-mail, you would have also found out that I ran into some trouble with a bunch of bad EPROMs that I purchased, and I only recently was able to aquire more of them.

By the way, I'm not selling an additional game here. This is packaging for a game that sold out a year ago.

George
    I already DID send a private email. Apparantly it did little good because its been over a week now since I did and I still haven't received the games.

If your finding if difficult to balance your full time job, your family, eating and sleeping not to mention your difficulties with your EPROM source perhaps you should take some time off to catch up before soliciting new orders.

Just out of curiosity, if you were to have purchased an item off of ebay how long would YOU wait before getting frustrated and filing negative feedback to the seller?

Just my $.02 as a paying customer.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I already DID send a private email. Apparantly it did little good because its been over a week now since I did and I still haven't received the games.

If your finding if difficult to balance your full time job, your family, eating and sleeping not to mention your difficulties with your EPROM source perhaps you should take some time off to catch up before soliciting new orders.

Just out of curiosity, if you were to have purchased an item off of ebay how long would YOU wait before getting frustrated and filing negative feedback to the seller?

Just my $.02 as a paying customer.
    You can make comments about me needing to balance my time better. That's fine. YOU need to learn how to communicate with people without being rude and belligerent.

I'm very patient with other sellers. I would never be nasty with someone who explained WHY a package was late. Guess that's a part of the reason why my feedback is 100% positive (since you asked about Ebay).

Had you sent an e-mail, you would have received an exact shipping date from me. Your shipping date was to be this week. I highly doubt that you would have complained here had you known that your order would be shipping within a couple of days. The bottom line is that I didn't receive an e-mail from you (and you obviously didn't receive a response from me) so it was either lost (still giving you the benefit of the doubt) or you never sent one in the first place. I ALWAYS respond to ALL e-mails.

One more thing that I'm way too busy for...entertaining your frustrations.
    Confirm that you ARE who you ARE via e-mail to VecFury@aol.com. Use the e-mail account that you ordered with. Your refund will be issued promptly. Be prepared to sign for it.

YOU are the very first person to NOT request a refund and get one!!!!!

George

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So because he's miffed at not getting a game he ordered more than a month ago, you're going to punish him by not selling it to him at all? What the hell kind of way to do business is that?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So because he's miffed at not getting a game he ordered more than a month ago, you're going to punish him by not selling it to him at all? What the hell kind of way to do business is that?

"Punishing" an unhappy customer by giving him his money back? Refunds are a very good business practice when dealing with unhappy customers.

George

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

I have to go with FURY on this one. Can you other guys loosen up a bit? And yes I've ordered I Cyborg, and yes I'm waiting to receive it. But FURY told me it would take a while so I'm not worried...

I've played the game on a friend's Vectrex BTW it's pretty cool...

Ben
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Just curious... even though the I.Cyborg carts are numbered, is it unlimited edition, or will there be a certain number made?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm ambivalent about this new WOTR packaging. It's nice that Nick is trying to do something to make his customers happy. At the same time it's annoying to buy a strictly limited edition product and then have 'new packaging' made for it later on.

I still am not sure if I'll order it for my WOTR cart.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

No complaints here. I ordered I, Cyborg back when it was originally announced. I inquired once about it and George responded, explaining it would be a few weeks before I receive it (and War of the Robots which I missed the first time around).

Sure enough, there it was in my mailbox yesterday. I haven't gotten to play the games but they were very well packaged and the cartridges themselves look very slick.

Thanks, "FURY"!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I received my I, Cyborg a day or two after the release date. There were NO problems with shipping or packaging. I received it right when I was told I would.

Of course, I was one of the very first. Mine is #006.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Joe...enjoy the games!

Hi Chad...I'm glad that you're enjoying the new game. Regarding the new WOTR packaging... it's just something cool to store it in. It shouldn't effect the limited edition status of WOTR. Believe me, I received enough complaints about the original WOTR packaging, and many requests to create new packaging in the same style as I, CYBORG. By the way...who's Nick?

Hi Mat...I, CYBORG is a Limited Edition release. With WOTR, I limited it to 100 cartridges. I, CYBORG may go further. I'll announce the limited status after I clear 100 cartridges.

Thanks Ben! All of the rest of the current orders will be filled within the next 2 weeks or so.

And thanks to superstonic!

George

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Regarding WotR I was under the impression you'd cleared all 100 copies. So did you make a special one for Joe? Or was there one hiding about for him to have?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Regarding WotR I was under the impression you'd cleared all 100 copies. So did you make a special one for Joe? Or was there one hiding about for him to have?
    Glad you brought that up...I forgot to mention it!

WOTR sold out last year. The WOTR cartridge that I shipped to Joe is a Freeware Edition cartridge (these differ from the limited edition in a number of ways). Normally I don't manufacture these. The freeware rom is available at my website for those interested in making a personal cartridge for themselves, but these cartridges CANNOT be sold or distributed (and the rom CANNOT be used in a multi-cart or anything else). Complete © info is also on my website on the same page as the download link.

George

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Punishing" an unhappy customer by giving him his money back? Refunds are a very good business practice when dealing with unhappy customers.

George
    Where did he ask for a refund?

YOU are the very first person to NOT request a refund and get one!!!!!
    That doesn't sound like a good way to deal with unhappy customers.

I'm not saying you ripped him off or anything. I'm just saying that maybe he actually wants the game instead of his money back. Was there a tracking number?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Melf.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By the way...who's Nick?
    Brain fart.

Maybe I have the name Nick associated with the name Fury in my head someplace. Too many comic books as a kid.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Vectrekkers,
    Iv'e been away in India for 3 weeks watching Australia play cricket and I am eager to see how I, CYBORG sales are going as I reviewed it on google groups RGV just before I left for overseas.

Everybody who has ordered an I, CYBORG cart please realise that it's not everyday a NEW Vectrex game is released. So please we must be patient. Geofury has put alot of time into this game (and it shows) so what is a few weeks to wait for the cart. Vectrex programmers are a dieing breed so please handle them with care, and be nice, and you will get your cart.

Don't forget Geofury is THE MAN on this one. Impatience in waiting for a new Vec game does not suffice considering there is probably only one new game released every year for this system. I take my hat off to Geofury for sticking with the Vectrex and allowing us to take the Vec around the block for one more spin.

Regards,

Nubian..
    Retrohead

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Nubian!
    And welcome back!

George