Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne... wow!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im a member at CAG and I still cant get that link to work, even after logging in and putting in the link.
    I hear nothing but good about this game but I am uncertain if it is worth the money as I have a tendency to get bored with some RPG's fast.
    I think what will catch me is the atmospheric sense. I hear the city you start in is like a neo horror place?

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    Im a member at CAG and I still cant get that link to work, even after logging in and putting in the link.
    I hear nothing but good about this game but I am uncertain if it is worth the money as I have a tendency to get bored with some RPG's fast.
    I think what will catch me is the atmospheric sense. I hear the city you start in is like a neo horror place?
    That's because the link is over a year old :P
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the Shin Megami Tensei games are great and I had more fun with Nocturne than I did with either parts I and II. The one downside to Nocturne imo is that it's friggin' hard.

Sadly, I picked up Digital Devil Saga back when it came out and have yet to take the shrink wrap off...and Avatar Tuner just came out, and I also recently picked up Persona II but haven't gotten a chance to play it. I'm so fucking way behind (after making such good progress when I was keeping up with Aeon Genesis' SMT translations )

It's nice that the franchise is finally making some serious headway into the US; had it not been for Aeon Genesis, I may have very well passed on getting Nocturne back when it was released...and that would have been a hella nasty bad mistake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    Quote Originally Posted by PDorr3
    That's because the link is over a year old :P
    I guess I failed to realize that this topic was brought back from the dead

Anyway is there still DEFINITLY going to be a reprint? and when?

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last time I was back in the states there were plenty of copies of Nocturne to be found in stores, though none online. I also saw quite a few copies of the Double Jump guide as well.

I totally love the game, and I do think the Pokemon reference is pretty accurate. I have DDS, but haven't played it either (working through Phantom Brave now). The SMT: N LE pack is definitely worth it, the soundtrack CD is quite nice. I now need to go back and get the PSX games (got Devil Summoner for JP SAT, but haven't played yet).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smork
    I totally love the game, and I do think the Pokemon reference is pretty accurate.
    The pokemon series has always really just been a super watered down, neutered, child-friendly knock off of the MegaTen games, anyway

Shame that when Atlus brings out something like Devil Children, people view it as just a Pokemon knock off.

Oh, and if anyone is hard up to get a copy of Nocturne, Atlus still sells copies on their website along with copies of the soundtrack (for $2!). Not a bad deal at all

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there a guide for Digital Devil Saga? I looked and searched around, never found one.

I second the praise for the doublejumpbooks guides which are in the tradition of the Working Design guides. So far there are four of them: Disgaea, Phantom Brave, SMT: Nocturne, and the recent guide for Makai Kingdom. (was released about three weeks ago)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought mine for $25 from the Toys R Us sale (limited edition with the soundtrack included). I haven't been able to stop playing it since I started.

As far as the concept, you're a high school who becomes the savior of Tokyo after it has been destroyed and demonically remade. The concept reminds me a lot of the "Inferno" storyline from the X-Men comics back in the 80's (hope that wasn't too geeked out for you guys). You recruit demons that you come across from enemy parties, but that's where the challenge comes in. They don't always join you and you have to coax them sometimes.

It's weird because the demonic aspects of the game and the pentagram on the cover art kept me from playing SMT: Nocturne for about a month. Otherwise, it's pretty tame. There are different types of religious figures found throughout the game. Pretty bold for a U.S. audience.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.