Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Evolution begins... The DP PSX list and you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would just like to announce that I FINALLY have screen capturing capabilities back (thanks to my tech savy ex-coworker) and wanted to let you all know about your comments.

I have copy and pasted all ideas (everything, literally) and will soon be working on a checklist template for both future game-rave.com updates and digitpress upgrades. There were a TON of great ideas, KEEP THEM coming. I have tomorrow off, so I will be doing some preliminary test runs on two new page set-ups that would incorporate as many of the above ideas into one.

As for the reviews in DP, me Steve and I need to see if Joe would let us get out 2 cents in there, ie our own version of the Santulli slant. Somehow Dvorak's Dirt just doesn't have the same nice ring to it. Maybe Jason's Jive or something.

He who now has RENEWED vigor in updating,
    Jason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very good news sir!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

every variation

whether it was released in longbox and jewel case or longbox only, or jewel case only. also for example, longbox plus jewel case but as 'greatest hits'. stuff like that would be useful. there was that one list being circulated that was pretty thorough...

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Since DB has the day off, I'm making tomorrow my official Update day.... I need to update some personal lists and things, and tomorrow will also be the day that I get the primary fixes and whatnot done and sent off for updating for the PSX DP page as well.

Thanks for the note on the Namco Museum Vol 5. Its been duly noted, as has everything else mentioned here and in a few other threads.

If theres anything seen that needs to be pointed out , dont hesitate to PM me as i've got the list for updatin and such

Quote Originally Posted by manimal
    every variation

whether it was released in longbox and jewel case or longbox only, or jewel case only. also for example, longbox plus jewel case but as 'greatest hits'. stuff like that would be useful. there was that one list being circulated that was pretty thorough...
    We're working on that, but this is in all honesty right now, there isnt any difinitive list (other than say x number of GH games... or x Longboxed titles). We are discovering all kinds of random things as we eBay scour and do our constant searches for games... Things we didnt know existed, and things that we thought were just myths. So give us some time, and as you'll see most of that will start to show up in the updates. Please also remember that this isnt something like the NGPC where theres 32 us released games. We're looking at 1270+. It might take a little time.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay, it's currently 4am and Papstu and I have spent the last 2 hours FINALLY deciphering some of the Working Designs variant madness. That said, I wanted to show people just how dedicated we really are when we said we wanted your ideas and would use them.

After finally getting the screen capture up and running, and Frontpage installed, I give you the brand new game page layout for Game-Rave.com, and what you can look forward to in DP Advance as we move the information over to the DP Data Base.

Here are the first two steps in the making of greatness:

1. King of Fighters '95 (basic game page)
    http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playsta..._95/index.html

2. Alundra (varaint game page, Map Included game page)
    http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playsta...dra/index.html

Also, the Master Release List page got a HUGE face lift.
    http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playsta...mes/index.html

Note in just two pages, we've covered 99% of the ideas, from specifc screen caps, to trivia, to variants, etc.

We're here fo you guys. Let us know how we're doing.

With the new page set-up in place, I should be able to get to more frequent updates.

Off to a sleep coma,
    Jason

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been lightly collecting NES and Genny now for about two years.....and unless I know the content of a game, I'll usually take note of a title, run home and hop onto here in order to find out whether the game "sucked" or not before I buy it.

Having a brief description of the game is a given.....but I like it if there is also a "general consensus" as to whether the game was garbage or great. What made it stink? What made it phenomenal?

One or two in-game screenshots is nice....I do like the title screen shots as well. Packaging variants are good. Any rarer covers that the collector should look out for? Misprints as well.

A difficulty rating scale is also helpful, although not entirely necessary.

Just follow the formula for the other systems on here and you can't go wrong. DP is an invaluable gaming site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like.

"I never should the games I sold and I have replaced them but they are not the game just a hollow shell of the same game." -RugalSizzler

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys,

Looking great so far! I'm working with one other guy on the last few developers, then I'll forward my database to you - I've triple-checked everything from the release dates to the developers, so you should find the information accurate. As for the reviews and game info, I leave that up to you.

Peace,
    Kevin

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

VERY impressive, Jason and Steve. That's just great work and clearly shows a passion for your favorite system. Bravo!