Thread: pay pal scams scams scams

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default pay pal scams scams scams

wow the scams never end. last month a person requests money back as tracking wasn't paid for so I didn't add not knowing paypal will refund money with no tracking no. .......so now everything with tracking now I ship a package to russia that a guy paid for using a fraudelant account and money is being refunded and since it was international they won't do anything. wow so now no more shipping to other countries. just wanted to point this out. Is there a way to stop all the emails saying to update account info, I get them every other day and getting very aggrevaiting. thanks for letting me vent. And sellers beware out there.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is the hard lesson that taught me never to go to my local post ship store and go to the post office instead since I can buy the tracking slips there. My old paypal account was screwed by this fucking asshole on ebay that "claimed" my items were never sent and filed a claim against me without EVER ONCE emailing me or contacting me about it even after repeated emails. So now I have a new paypal account....My old information is locked in that fucking account and unless I pay him 70 bucks, which he will NEVER again see, I can't get my old credit card on my new paypal account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    I can't get my old credit card on my new paypal account.
    Call your credit card company and tell them your card was stolen or that you believe your card number was stolen and they'll do a security closure and move everything to a new account number then you can use it on paypal again.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is why I will never ship anything of any real value to anywhere without a tracking number, and especially not to another country. If they don't pay for it, they're gonna get it anyway, and I will just eat the small additional cost, because I know that it will save me a bundle in the long run. Therefore, I still have no problems at all shipping to other countries. I import way too much stuff from other countries to discriminate against them and not return the favor. Especially not just because of stuff like this that can very easily be prevented if you do all your research before you have to learn it the hard way.

And besides that, I just hate sellers who won't export their stuff to other countries! Even when they say they won't, I still email them and ask them if they will. I just bought a game from a seller in Germany that way, and he was more than happy to make an exception for me, despite what the details in his listing said to the contrary. But of course it probably helped alot that I used a good online translator to ask him what I wanted to know in his native language! A little respect goes a long way in the import business.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What do you class as a 'good' online translator? My french is good enough to patch up what Google Language Tools churns out, and my Spanish is just about up to scratch for the same. However my German knowledge is nil

My only trick is to run the German text back through the translator and see if the English that comes back is understandable. If it isn't, I presume that the German will be similarly incomprehensible, and I reword it till I get something that works.

It's an effort, but like you say .. it can reap big rewards

Vroomfunkel

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I'm using this until I find a better one. It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn good, and it beats the hell out of BabelFish & Google language tools for sure. And it translates Japanese too! I forget how I found it, but the difference between it and the other ones I've tried is like night and day.

http://www.worldlingo.com/products_s...ranslator.html
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well even if I had tracking no. which I do for all transactions now they said they wouldn't refund money. I too do alot of business in other countries and will probably hurt myself a little but no protection against fraud in other countries they won't even track the address given to ship item. so now what retract bids from every one with a zero?