Thread: Fire Emblem

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fire Emblem

I recently beat the GBA Fire Emblem and I'm thinking of trying one of the Snes one. Any one have opinions on them and if any one of the 3 games on the system is better than the other ones?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I wouldn't recommend the third and final Super Famicom Fire Emblem unless you're a crazy Fire Emblem fan. It's a great game, but it's VERY expensive.

As for the other two, it's a tough call. The second definitely has fancier graphics, but when I was trying out all three games, the first one clicked with me the best. I've yet to buy the second, but now that I have the first, I don't regret the purchase one bit. It's definitely the cheapest of the 3, and it's got 2 separate adventures. The first is a remake of the original Fire Emblem on Famicom and the second is a brand new direct sequel to it (the second game on Famicom was just a "gaiden"). There's really no question why it was on the top selling game charts in Japan for over a year straight. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played. Even if you end up liking the other Super Famicom games more, it's a great Fire Emblem to start with.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Price really isn't an issue since I'm just going to play the roms since it easier that way plus I can watch TV or do other things as I play a game. I did play both NES ones some years ago but I can't remember if I finished them or not.

Some other info I'm looking for do all 3 of the Snes games have those hidden scenarios that you have to meet certain condition in a scenario to reach. Is any one of the particular Snes ones harder or easier than another or as they pretty equal difficulty wise? Do they haqve hard mode like the GBA one has?