Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slimy SOB seller

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Slimy SOB seller

Adol of course. I think we're overdue for another bitch session about him. Check out this month's offering:

resealed NES black boxes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...142936431&rd=1

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you know something, i don't see anything wrong. He never states that the game is new or even factory sealed. He just says it is mint and sealed. Sure it may be shady, but people should really think (and read) about what they are buying before they buy it. You are getting just what he states... a sealed ice climber that is in mint condition.

Also,
    If you look through his auctions he does actually have a factory sealed TMNT III for sale and states that it has the horizontal line and shows picture as well.

Honestly.... the guy isn't lying, so if you buy it, I say it's your own problem and don't take it out on the guy.

My advice? Read and understand EVERYTHING in an ebay auction BEFORE you bid. Trust me... i have learned through experience.

Just my thoughts.

-Josh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with you Qixmaster, but still is it so hard to put RESEALED in title or discription!??

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I asked the seller about this item. Here is my question:

Dear adol,

Hi, In your auction you state "It is a wonderful item, and more of
    that, it is SEALED!! It's Mint!" Does this mean that the game is brand
    new and never been opened? Thanks!
    The run around answer I received was:

i don't know
    i just see it is SEALED
    Yep, he is a slimy SOB seller alright.

Here's the response I sent for that crap answer:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. If you don't know then how can you state that it is "Mint" in your auction? I also notice that you have not filled in the item's condition in the item description box of your auction and that's why I asked if it is new. I am interested in a mint condition item, but I need to feel comfortable that I am bidding on such an item first. If you can provide any more proof that the item is mint please do so. Otherwise I will have to pass.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find it slimy, though I know that a lot of eBay users do stuff like that just to increase the money they make.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qixmaster
    you know something, i don't see anything wrong. He never states that the game is new or even factory sealed. He just says it is mint and sealed. Sure it may be shady, but people should really think (and read) about what they are buying before they buy it. You are getting just what he states... a sealed ice climber that is in mint condition.
    You don't think "sealed" and "mint" imply that it's never been opened? I think that auction is completely dishonest and misleading. If I purchased it and found out it had been resealed, I would be super pissed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    You don't think "sealed" and "mint" imply that it's never been opened? I think that auction is completely dishonest and misleading. If I purchased it and found out it had been resealed, I would be super pissed.
    Also, not everyone is as eBay-savvy as the members of this forum. Not everyone would know to ask more pointed questions about a "sealed" item to determine if it's been resealed or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nes-a-holic
    I agree with you Qixmaster, but still is it so hard to put RESEALED in title or discription!??
    Since these games seem to change hands so many times how is one really supposed to know for sure if the sealed game that they're selling is really factory sealed. This guy most likely purchased this game from someone else who advertised it as sealed. Unless it's obvious that it isnt an original factory seal how is he supposed to know and why should he have to advertise it as resealed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    I don't agree that an item has to be unopened to be in mint condition any more than I assume that a sealed game is in mint condition just because it has never been opened. I can purchase a brand new PS2 game today, open it, put it on my shelf and never touch it again. In 10 years unless something changes it will still be in mint condition. On the other hand I can have a brand new Atari 2600 game that's never been opened before with a crushed box which would obviously not be in mint condition.

this guy appears to be a reseller. He purchases games from others and resells them for a profit. He's obviously not going to open the games that he buys that were advertised as sealed because they will loose their value. So unless there's something obviously wrong about a game that he purchases then he has to assume that they are factory sealed as advertised to him. Let the buyer beware people. Yeah there are a lot of shady people out there and this guy may be one of them. Then again, maybe he's legit and his source was the shady one. These are the chances you take when you deal in sealed games.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkoffGirl
    Also, not everyone is as eBay-savvy as the members of this forum. Not everyone would know to ask more pointed questions about a "sealed" item to determine if it's been resealed or not.
    If someone is looking to purchase a sealed "classic" era game then they're most likely a collector. If someone is willing to pay collecter prices for a sealed game they should know what they're buying and what questions to ask. If they're not a collecter and just a gamer looking to play the game then they shouldn't be looking for a sealed copy.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wait... i'm not saying it isn't slimy and shady. adol is of course a cock and misleading people... but his description doesn't say NEW in it.

If i were buying a Factory Sealed NES game (which seems pointless unless you find it in the wild), I would know what to look for.

But you guys are right, the majority of collectors/gamers out there just getting back to the NES wouldn't know squat about this. I understand where everyone is coming from, but people who don't know about sealed games really need to educate themselves.

Shady "SOB"? very.

-Josh

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this guy appears to be a reseller. He purchases games from others and resells them for a profit. He's obviously not going to open the games that he buys that were advertised as sealed because they will loose their value. So unless there's something obviously wrong about a game that he purchases then he has to assume that they are factory sealed as advertised to him.
    Maybe he should state in his auctions that he assumes the games are mint and not the games are in fact mint. If the game turns out not to be mint then I would say that the item was misrepresented. I find it funny that you think this is OK because the seller is a reseller and he would lose money if he opened the game to verify the true condition. That sounds more like a problem for his business model and not the consumers concern at all. If he wants to sell games as mint he should be able to answer simple questions like "How do you know it's mint?" here's the answer I got to my last question from this seller:

I can say it is SEALED,and extern condition it MINT....so i suppose the
    game,sleeve,instructions,etc..is the same,because i got other games from
    the same person i got Ice Climber from,and those ones were sealed,but
    OPENED on top..so i was able to see condition of the games for THOSE
    ONES,and it is mint!
    They have styrofoam insert,instructions,sleeve & PLASTIC BAG for
    everything,for EVERY TITLE!
    Check those ones,that'll give you an idea of Ice Climber condition... For me those games are new..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8142940696
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8142940789
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8142942286

Thanks

His answer does not fill me with a lot of confidence. As an experienced buyer on ebay I would not deal with this guy ever because he danced around the specific questions I asked him and his feedback speaks for itself anyway. All Adol wants to do is make as much money on what he sells and to hell with ethics.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The box in all of those pictures is damaged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by number6
    Maybe he should state in his auctions that he assumes the games are mint and not the games are in fact mint. If the game turns out not to be mint then I would say that the item was misrepresented. I find it funny that you think this is OK because the seller is a reseller and he would lose money if he opened the game to verify the true condition. That sounds more like a problem for his business model and not the consumers concern at all. If he wants to sell games as mint he should be able to answer simple questions like "How do you know it's mint?" here's the answer I got to my last question from this seller
    I think that purchasing sealed games is all about reasonable doubt. As long as there isn't anything obviously wrong with the game you can really never tell for sure if a game is really factory sealed or not. The only 100% sure way of knowing would be if you'd purchased the game yourself in the retail store. And even then with Gamestop practices you still may not know for sure. Otherwise you're trusting someone to know 100% for sure. From your statement above almost everyone who sells sealed games on ebay are equally guilty unless they adverise that they assume their game is factory sealed.

Geez, I can forsee the day when sealed games will have to be sold complete with original register receipt and a stamp from a notary to verify it.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Why not just simply ask for pictures of the entire box and off the h seam on the back? That SHOULD remove almost all of the doubt about it being original.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Basically the seller is saying it's not factory sealed so there would be no point looking at the seam. The real question is what condition the actual contents of the box are. Since it has obviously been resealed why not open the box to find out the condition of what's inside?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geez, I can forsee the day when sealed games will have to be sold complete with original register receipt and a stamp from a notary to verify it.
    You can thank sellers like adol when that day arrives.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I agree that it's misleading. The guy is purposely being vague about the fact that it's resealed, when he KNOWS that it's resealed. I could buy myself a shrinkwrap machine and sell games as "mint and sealed" all day long, but how long do you think I'd get away with it without any retribution for it after dozens of people bought them from me for hundreds of dollars under the assumption that the games were new? Eventually somebody would open one of them, see my fingerprints all over it, and demand a refund for it. Then I could write back and say that I sold them exactly what I desribed, a mint and sealed game, and that would probably cover me as far as ebay and paypal are concerned, but the buyer would still leave me a negative for deceiving them, if they did what I would do in that situation. When I pay hundreds of dollars for a sealed game, I do so under the assumption that it has never been opened, not under the assumption that some guy with a shrinkwrap machine bought a mint game for cheap and then resealed it. And anybody who does that KNOWS that's what people are assuming when they bid hundreds of dollars on such games, otherwise why wouldn't they just buy a mint copy that had been opened for a much more reasonable price?
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Well I agree that it's misleading. The guy is purposely being vague about the fact that it's resealed, when he KNOWS that it's resealed.
    How does everyone here know that he knows that his games are resealed? Did he ever admit to knowing this? So there's absolutely no chance that he legitimately believes that his games are factory sealed even if there's a chance that they may not be? I'm just trying to point out that as POG said, not everyone is as knowlegable as others and this guy may have purchased all of his games under the impression that they were factory sealed himself.

This guy DOES have 1828 positive feedback responses, a 96.9% rating and only received 4 negatives in the past year. And from looking at his positive feedback many are from people who bought his sealed games. I think that it's real harsh to call this guy a crook.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This can be debated all day long but one fact remains.

No-one here can deny that Adol is wording this very carefully just to try to make more money.

And in my opinion that makes him the worst kind of seller, a deceptive one.

A honest seller goes out of his way to make sure the buyer is absolutely aware of what he is getting.
    A deceptive seller gives just enough information to get top dollar on his items.

If I ever met this seller face to face I would have a hard time not beating his A$$ in the ground.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    How does everyone here know that he knows that his games are resealed? Did he ever admit to knowing this? So there's absolutely no chance that he legitimately believes that his games are factory sealed even if there's a chance that they may not be? I'm just trying to point out that as POG said, not everyone is as knowlegable as others and this guy may have purchased all of his games under the impression that they were factory sealed himself. After all, this guy DOES have 1828 positive feedback responses and from looking at them a bunch are from people who bought his sealed games.
    Because he sells Sealed games ALL the time, and he buys them.

He wouldn't do that unless he has a large amount of knowledge about sealed games.

And as all the sealed game collectors here know, once you've seen sealed games and re-seals it's very easy to tell the difference.

Lord with all your defending of this guy I'm beginning to wonder if you might be Adol.