Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slimy SOB seller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adol
    About my sealed NES games...They're sealed,and THEN i must suppose they're NOT factory sealed ( that's why i didn't put them in NEW category )...i got them SEALED,and i have to say they're in mint condition...few of those have been opened on top ( in that case i say mint,with factory seal...and i precise it is opened ),and they're in mint condition&complete,but surely used

AS told befpre,most of my negs don't come from buyers,but from SELLERS, who don't leave positive feedback ( even if i paid for stuff ) until i leave positive for them..and when i don't receive stuff at all,or factory sealed games SQUISHED in bubblewrap envelopes,of course i'm not happy,and i let negative feedback to the seller...and in return,i receive an unappropriate negative feedback
    I'm really glad this guy came here to defend himself. Funny, I suggested the same things as he just said above and nobody even wanted to consider that it was possible. Rather than give the guy the benefit of the doubt everyone just chose to character assassinate him behind his back.

I'm not saying that everyone on eBay is an angel, I'm sure that there are many crooks out there but to target a guy with over 1800 positive responses and over 96% was rediculous to me.

Hopefully now everyone can go back to buying, selling and talking games and leave policing eBay to the people who get paid to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I stick to my guns. I think listing in your auction that an item is both "mint" and "sealed" implies to the average buyer that the item is new and has never been opened. In fact I think it even crosses the line of "implying".

Maybe the guy's a great dude, I don't know -- but if he knows or suspects that those games are resealed and is implying that they aren't, that's wrong in my book. The prices he's bringing in on those games implies that his sellers don't think that they're resealed.

I'm not saying that resealing games and selling them as resealed games is wrong. It's weird, but not necessarily wrong. But if he is selling games that he knows are resealed and is implying either that they aren't or that he doesn't know if they are or can't tell when he can ... well, that's just not the kind of business ethics I was raised with.

Which elso explains why I'm poor.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, now can we please ferret skiier_addict out of his sealed SNES bidding frenzy long enough to get him over here to explain himself? I've never had any run-ins or dealings with Adol before myself, although I have seen him around, but skiier_addict is definitely my ebay arch nemesis, as I'm sure he is for most other people who bid on sealed SNES auctions on ebay, so let's get his ass over here and hear what he has to say about his shenanigans there!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, what is your obsession with skiier? :P

Seriously, I've never seen or heard of skiier doing anything other than minding his own business and bidding on stuff he likes. What's wrong with that? Doesn't even compare to this guy, who is blatantly trying to rip people off. He may be your bidding "arch nemesis", but really, he's not doing anything remotely wrong that I can see?

Adol on the other hand..

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Then, please bid with knowledge that they're maybe resealed games...[externally] MINT,SUPER MINT & [maybe] complete games,but possibly USED GAMES...since they're sealed,i didn't want to open them to verify,but please bid considerin they're used games then
    Then in the future you should explain this in your auctions.

Honestly though I don't know how you can guarentee a possibly resealed game to be complete. There's always a chance it's missing a manual or insert or that the contents are damaged.

So, not to say you're shady, it does sound like a language barrier, but you really can't throw around terms like "Mint" and "complete" on a game that is sealed and not factory sealed, unless you've personally sealed it yourself.

Also... I don't see how a resealed game when properly described should sell for any more then a complete one. So I'd assume the only reason anyone would sell reseals is that they hope their bidders will be tricked into bidding on the possibility it's factory sealed. If it is a reseal and you are an honsest seller, then open the damn game up and faithfully describe the contents in your auction.

If you think it's resealed but honestly aren't certain and fear ripping open a factory sealed game then state that in your auction.

Otherwise you really do come off as a sleaze ball and I don't think you want that.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Language barrier my butt. It's not just the description that's misleading, the pictures are too. I'm surprised no one has commented yet that the pics show the backs of the games, with no visible horizontal seam, yet are shot far enough away that one can't verify?

This guy is not a rookie and these auctions are not an accident.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    This guy is not a rookie and these auctions are not an accident.
    I was giving him the benefit of the doubt since Joe seems to vouche for him. And besides these things are fixable if Adol wishes to fix them.

If not well... then you're probably right.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Make better auction descriptions so people dont think your deceiving.

....shut up.
    Midwest

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm going with Bronty on this one, ever since I dabbled in sealed games (amazing how much you learn when you have 2 sealed high-dollar games you are planning to sell) I've seen a lot of crap and learned a lot about what goes on. There are people out there who are seriously into the sealed game buisness, and even though I don't really understand it, I respect it. And it's not like normal game collecting, sealed game collecting is a really cut-throat buisness and for every good person there's a bad one.

Adol is blatantly wording these wrong, and saying he isn't and it's "buyer beware" and "he's not lying" is bullshit! Buyer beware indeed, because it's people like him that we have to be aware of. We have to beware because of idiots that think it's ok to trick non-ebay-savvy users out of there money. Adol KNOWS that every once in a while a couple bidders will bid the price up, and he sells them the "sealed" game at "factory sealed" price.

It's wrong, and I know DP has had good dealing with him, but hell....I could have good dealings with Hitler, but that doesn't make him a good person.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    "+1"

- pretty much anything 'charitycasegreg' posts
    Oh that's great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    It's wrong, and I know DP has had good dealing with him, but hell....I could have good dealings with Hitler, but that doesn't make him a good person.
    Full circle...I already predicted somebody would say "Adol Hitler" before this was up

What can I say...the sealed games business brings out the bad side of collecting. I stay away from it.

Mint games are good enough for me.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AS told befpre,most of my negs don't come from buyers,but from SELLERS, who don't leave positive feedback ( even if i paid for stuff ) until i leave positive for them..and when i don't receive stuff at all,or factory sealed games SQUISHED in bubblewrap envelopes,of course i'm not happy,and i let negative feedback to the seller...and in return,i receive an unappropriate negative feedback

For the games,i'm quite busy those days outside of internet,so i just told the truth;they're sealed, ireceievd them that way,they have line seams on sides,but not on the back ( and you can see that on pictures ), so i guess they're not FACTORY sealed,but just sealed...
    some of them are opened on top,and the contents inside are really mint,and everything is complete...sleeve,styrofoam,instructions,plastic bag EVERY time a game has been opened...
    i didn't open the other sealed games for checking,but i'm sure they're in same condition
    4am here,good night
    Care to defend this feedback left for you Adol:

Strange definition of mint. Had *food* stains on it. Refused to refund. Beware
    Buyer learnedh. ( 1016)
    no longer a registered user Apr-09-03 09:16 3012421557
    Reply by adol: The cart was shrinkwrapped,so are instructions,how can be FOOD STAINS?nonsense! Apr-09-03 11:57
    Follow-up by learnedh.: Stop lying. Not shrinkwrapped. Case beat up, dirt, and FOOD STAIN. Scum. Apr-20-03 09:30

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a to-do!

Here's my tuppence worth ... everyone I know who has actually dealt with adol (i.e. bought or sold to him) has been more than happy with the results. And that includes some very serious & knowedgeable collectors.

To those of you who are complaining .. if it is so obvious that his games are resealed, what's the problem? Just don't bid on them! If he was really out to fool you, then well done, you sussed him and you didn't get burned!

Until you have actually bought something from him and are unhappy with it, what's the problem? As far as I can tell, there is not a single person in this discussion who has failed to distinguish between the games he has that are factory sealed, and the ones that are just sealed. And you are complaining because he is not telling you clearly enough what you already know??

Sheesh!

Vroomfunkel

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No I'm complaining because he's trying to rip people off. So he hasn't been successful yet in this case - that makes it OK? Think about it.

...besides, it's been well documented on these boards that he sold someone a resealed FF3, so it pisses me off because it's a repeat problem with this guy.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For what it may be worth, I remember having similar objections to Adol's auctions in the heyday of import game prices. Conversation with fellow enthusiasts concerning "sealed" games was a hot topic. Import game sellers including Adol listed shrinkwrapped Famicom games with the same implication that it meant they were brand new. This went on with Adol well after it was common knowledge among the hardcore that 99% of the games to come out for the system were never shrinkwrapped to begin with. I don't remember whether the word "new" was actually ever used, but the same ambiguity in the listings and implication that it was the case were there. I have to side with those who think these current practices may also be a bit on the shady side. I believe there have been similar incidents in the PC Engine community concerning Adol in the past. I just can't help but find the idea of one of the biggest collectors in his respective country not understanding the rules of engagement after all these years a little hard to swallow. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the way things look from where I stand.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    Dude, what is your obsession with skiier? :P

Seriously, I've never seen or heard of skiier doing anything other than minding his own business and bidding on stuff he likes. What's wrong with that? Doesn't even compare to this guy, who is blatantly trying to rip people off. He may be your bidding "arch nemesis", but really, he's not doing anything remotely wrong that I can see?

Adol on the other hand..
    He doesn't just bid on stuff he likes, he bids on practically everything, even when he already has it. One of my biggest beefs with him is the way that he's almost always the very first bidder on sealed SNES auctions. It seems that he places the opening bid on just about every sealed game that has a BIN option, just so nobody else will be able to use the BIN, and then he can start his bullshit of overbidding for it like a mofo, so whoever really wants it will end up having to pay 2 or 3 times what the BIN was for it. I've caught him doing that more times than I even care to count, so I know that he's just a slimeball. Why would you place the opening bid on a BIN item that had a $50 BIN on it, and then try to snipe it for $100 at the end of the auction? If he really wanted it that bad, then he should've just used the BIN, but he clearly gets off on making other people outbid him to get what they want. That's why I'm pretty much convinced that he's actually an ebay employee. His sole purpose there seems to be to inflate prices for sealed SNES games.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro

I also think that his reply was very straightforward. Yup, it looks mint and it looks sealed. Anything else?
    Totally disagree. I emailed him and said "gumshoe is sealed but not factory sealed, correct?" and he replied "correct." So he knows damn well they are reseals.

Actually it made me laugh out loud because I asked him the same question about ice climber under a different account and he had a totally different response. Something along the lines of "well, I'm sure it's sealed but I can't VOUCH for it" (his emphasis on vouch, not mine)

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@IronDraggon

Yea that would piss me off.

But you got to admit , it is funny in a peverse sort of way.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    Why would you place the opening bid on a BIN item that had a $50 BIN on it, and then try to snipe it for $100 at the end of the auction?
    That would piss me off too, but it could be legit. I can see that happening. I've been in situations where a rare but low demand game was up, with a reasonable BIN. I might be able to win it for a lot less than the BIN or might have to pay a lot more since it's a game with a volatile price. --So I just might pop the BIN but set a high snipe to make sure someone didn't outbid me.

Then again, are you saying this happens all the time? If so, I see what you mean, since the above scenario is a pretty specific one. Still, to me it's not in the same league (although again, I can see how it would piss you off).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="number6"]
    Care to defend this feedback left for you Adol:

Strange definition of mint. Had *food* stains on it. Refused to refund. Beware
    Buyer learnedh. ( 1016)
    no longer a registered user Apr-09-03 09:16 3012421557
    Reply by adol: The cart was shrinkwrapped,so are instructions,how can be FOOD STAINS?nonsense! Apr-09-03 11:57
    Follow-up by learnedh.: Stop lying. Not shrinkwrapped. Case beat up, dirt, and FOOD STAIN. Scum. Apr-20-03 09:30
    Some of you people need a shrink.

In only the past year alone this guy had 471 positive feedback responses and only 4 negative ones. You'd rather take the word of one of the 4 as gospel and completely dismiss the praise of the 471? That negative that you dug up is over a year and a half old and oh, by the way, did you happen to notice that it was from a person who is No Longer A Registered User?. Gee, what a coincidence huh?

Just for the hell of it why don't some of the finger pointers here show us just how perfect your own feedback is. I'm not saying that it's necessarily bad, its probably very good actually. But I just want to point out that it's not only damn hard to keep a perfect feedback record but it also involves a great amount of luck once you get over 1000 transactions.

Again, if this guy was a fraud and if a lot of his buyers felt ripped off as many of you are accusing him of trying to do don't you think that he would have accumulated a lot more negative feedback by now than he has?

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking

Some of you people need a shrink.
    I'm quite offended.

And so are 3 out of the 4 of my other personalities.

Now I'm going to take a Pepto-Bismol bath and rub Preparation H all over my body.