Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sega Saturn collecting disappointment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega Saturn collecting disappointment

I decided a while back that the next collection I would complete would be for my domestic (USA) Sega Saturn (I only have one other complete collection... the 32x with 36 games. Big whoo!)

I finally did an inventory last night to count my games and get rid of the dupes (I have about twenty dupes. Anyone want a nice starter collection with some decent games PM me- almost all are complete, but the boxes are ass... if you're going through all your Saturn games, you've got to do some box exchanging on the games you plan to keep!))

I discovered that I have 195 games. That sounds good, but a check of the latest VGC says I have 50+ games to go.

Shit.

Thery are mostly sports games and the like, but fifty of them? You don't find Saturn games in the wild much anymore, so that means I'll have to get them offline and pay shipping and stuff. This is not going to be cheap, and my desire to hurry it up has now been slapped down.

How many games are in the Saturn library, anyway?

x_x

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Sega Saturn collecting disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    I decided a while back that the next collection I would complete would be for my domestic (USA) Sega Saturn (I only have one other complete collection... the 32x with 36 games. Big whoo!)

I finally did an inventory last night to count my games and get rid of the dupes (I have about twenty dupes. Anyone want a nice starter collection with some decent games PM me- almost all are complete, but the boxes are ass... if you're going through all your Saturn games, you've got to do some box exchanging on the games you plan to keep!))

I discovered that I have 195 games. That sounds good, but a check of the latest VGC says I have 50+ games to go.

Shit.

Thery are mostly sports games and the like, but fifty of them? You don't find Saturn games in the wild much anymore, so that means I'll have to get them offline and pay shipping and stuff. This is not going to be cheap, and my desire to hurry it up has now been slapped down.

How many games are in the Saturn library, anyway?

x_x
    Easy one! Jut click the handy dandy link above that says "Rarity Guide" and all your Saturn questions (and more) will be answered.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

according to the dp guide... 249 usa games

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

COOL! I'm pretty sure that I have at least 200 Saturn games, or very close to it, so I'm right up there with you! I'm mostly missing sports games too.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have 47 more to go and wish they were just sports games! I need a few of the purportedly "rare" games, so $2 compaired to $40+ sucks in a bigger way. You can usually find packages cheap on ebay too, but I'm sure everyone knows that.
    What have you done America?

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recently started collecting Sega Saturn games I dont have a lot yet. Because like you said I cant seem to find them in the wild often and I dont really want to get them all off the internet. Yea I only know of 2 stores that have Sega Saturn games the one store has just sports games there a 3 for 10 deal. The other is Multimedia 1.0 in East Village Manhattan 2 and a half hours from me so I cant just get up and go to NYC to buy Saturn games all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,

I have an extra Striker '96 if you need it. it is mint, but, doesn't have a case. Also, I may be interested in some of those dupes you have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well thank goodness I already have all the rare ones, because I'd really hate to have to pay $200 for Panzer Dragoon Saga! Although, I still DON'T have Burning Rangers yet, but that's the ONLY rare Saturn game that I still need.

Get BIT!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And this is why I've hesitated in getting a Saturn, it's easier just to stick to psone.

-Tritium
    Tritium (aka Mel)
    ------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, I have had PDS for years now, but need Burning Ranger, House of the Dead, Shining Force and a few like that.
    What have you done America?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tritium
    And this is why I've hesitated in getting a Saturn, it's easier just to stick to psone.

-Tritium
    Surely you jest! There may not be anything that costs quite so much as a complete PDS in the PSone library, but 250 games is a heck of a lot less to collect than 1250 games. PSone has some pricey games, too. I've had trouble since I'm only going for complete games with boxes, inserts, and instructions.

Bah

Cheers

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

theres about 265 including the bootleg demos and other releases
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm glad I've gotten Burning Rangers, Guardian Heroes, House of the Dead, and Shining Force III out of the way. Still gotta bite the bullet for Panzer Dragoon Saga though. I've bought Bottom of the 9th and Quarterback Attack for thier cases. If you need either of those drop me a PM.
    No way I'm gonna piddle around with sports titles. Way too many quality imports to score yet.

Let me edit this and add that 'Big Whoo' or not, I think having a complete 32X collection is a significant accomplishment. I've never attempted a complete anything, but just chasing my modest ambitions involves substantial time, effort and investment. Anyone attempting a complete anything has my admiration and anyone achieving a complete collection has my respect. So...Congratulations on your 32X collection!
    Now, if I can just find a T-Mek and Blackthorne I'll be satified with a whopping 13 32X titles and happily call it quits.
    Ohhh, and I just remembered having a Slam-N-Jam 96 around here somewhere too.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I'm looking for Saturn games. I just bought one and I have no games for it yet. I don't want any sports/racing games though. But anything else is cool!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Burning Rangers is still very much affordable if you don't end up in a bid war over it on eBay. HOTD and GH are approaching the $100 mark and PDS can still be had for $100 +/- as well and after you play it you'll feel like that was a bargain!

Having a complete US saturn collection is very cool. I don't see why you don't just dump your dupes on eBay or the B&S forum and use the money to snap up a bunch of cheap sports games and finish that collection off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got lucky with my copies of hod and burning rangers. i bought them when they were still selling new at tru. by the time i had another 50, pds was already gone, same with shining force 3.

i do have some good rares for saturn, but need some others. granted, i only have about 65 saturn games, but i am not about numbers, as i could get that number up much higher if i went on a sports game binge, which is actually now sounding like a good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, maybe I still need a few more rares than I thought. I don't have House of the Dead yet either (I thought I did!) and I forgot that they did release ONE of the Shining Force 3 games here, which I foolishly boycotted because they wouldn't give us ALL 3 of them like they did for Japan. But at least I do have Guardian Heroes also, so I guess I mostly only missed the last batch of Saturn titles that came out. I spent all my money to make sure that I got Panzer Dragoon Saga, but like SegaAges, when I went back for the others they were already sold out everywhere, so I guess I was lucky to get PDS.

Get BIT!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont actually collect any us games for the saturn. I mainly stick to Japanese ones (i like the jewel cases better) I have around 120 with some rare ones in there too. The Japanese were spoilt when it comes to saturn stuff.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Guys. Thought I'd weigh in with my collection/opinions. I've always tried to collect "good" games versus the junk. Now everybdoy has a different Idea of Good/Bad. But a lot of games are crap. MY collection is fairly small but I do have a lot of Higher Quality/Rarer games. In my younger days, I also had a Burning Rangers, Shining Force 3, Dragon Force and Dark Savior. I'd say screw collecting the crap (ie sports) stick to the average/good titles.

Saturn With:
    Netlink
    Astal
    Bug
    Bubble Bobble
    Bust a move 2
    Command and Conquer
    Croc
    crusader no remorse
    Daytona USA
    Daytona USA Championship Circuit edition
    Duke Nukem
    Fighters Megamix
    Fighting Vipers
    The Legend of Oasis
    Madden
    Marvel Super Heroes
    Megaman X4
    The need for Speed
    NHL 97
    Nights with 3d Pad
    Panzer Dragoon 1,2 and Saga
    Quake
    Rayman
    Resident Evil
    Sega Rally
    Sega Touring Car
    Shining the Holy Ark
    Sim City 2000
    Sonic 3d Blast
    Sonic Jam
    Sonic R
    Theme Park
    Virtua Cop
    Firtua Fighter 1,2
    Wing Arms With Flight Stick
    World Cup Gold
    World Series Baseball 1,2,98
    Worms
    WorldWide Soccer 98

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's best to go after the "B" titles before the sports. For instance try and get you hands on, Loaded, Crusader No Remorse, Impact Racing, Magic Carpet and Brain Dead 13 to name a few.