Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MICHIGAN forum members roll call.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MICHIGAN forum members roll call.

I've noticed several forum members from Michigan, Achika, Six Switch, Tempest, Ubersaurus, etc.

anyone else? and where in Michigan are you from?

I'm from Melvindale which is very near Detroit.

I was just curious and didn't really want to browse through all 23 pages of the memberlist!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

I'm at CCS dtwn Detroit.....I'll be back in Flint in 2 weeks

Then I'm leaving MI at the end of January and becoming a Nu Yawka.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Doesn't quite count but I grew up across the border from Port Huron Michigan.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm close to Birmingham,the stuck up rich people part of MI.Oh well,some of the people are cool I guess. > :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I'm in Novi, home of "The Mall" (tm). I just wish everyone would go home and leave me alone. The mall seems to attract the worst drivers and really screws up the traffic patterns.

Tempest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am from Ionia, MI but now live in atlanta... Georgia that is. Once when I was visiting family in MI, a guy asked me where I was from and I said atlanta. He said you sure talk funny if you are from atlanta! Then my dad told me their was a Atlanta Michigan. I had no idea. I just thought the guy was being rude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im in Grand Rapids. The thriftin scene has been pretty good here lately too:^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I'm from Southgate. It's downriver from Detroit, right nearby. Really nice indoor flea market nearby too. I've met some of the other folk who collect in Michigan (from a couple other message boards), and they be good folk.

You won't be a new yorker for long...no one can stay in that city and retain any sort of sanity.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No wonder thrifting is drier than a good martini :P I'm from near Flint. I remember when I used to find at least one classic game related stuff at a Goodwill As Is store on Averil rd. (just north of I-69) almost every day. Now I'd be lucky to see just one Combat or one NES AC adapter in a whole month at that store.
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I live in Rochester MI. You could definately tell there's other collectors in the area. I used to go to the Dixieland flea market in Pontiac years ago and stopped when I noticed how all that was ever left was the most common junk. I've never found anything rare or valuable here in the wild. I've never seen a Vectrex system, cart or even a manual.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BOOOYAH!!!
    Oh yeah, I'm a Michigan man! It's comforting to know that so many others here are too. I live in the center of the state, myself, in a teeny little town called Edmore. Actually, it's not as small as it used to be thanks to all the fast food restaurants... you know how they can attract other businesses.
    We all need to get together sometime, I think. We just need to find a place to meet... I nominate Game Hits in Lansing for the meeting spot.

JR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

used to go to the Dixieland flea market in Pontiac years ago and stopped when I noticed how all that was ever left was the most common junk.
    That's because I got it all! I usually find something good there everytime I go, but I haven't seen anything "classic" there in awhile.

We just need to find a place to meet... I nominate Game Hits in Lansing for the meeting spot.
    I'm all up for meeting at an arcade, but Lansing is a bit far for most people in SE Michigan. Although I still have a ton of friends up at State so I could always visit them. Too bad the Pinball Pete's at MSU doesn't have much classic stuff anymore.

Tempest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor would work, except that I'm never out that way unless there's a Street Fighter tournament, which are currently on hold until they get the controls repaired.

There's also Wizzards in Warren on 8 mile, that's an arcade I rather enjoy, but it is a mite small. Has KOF 2k2 though ;p
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm from Muskegon.....the armpit of the gaming world. Thriftin' is always bad!! Usually try to go to Holland or Grand Rapids. We have one used video game store and the prices are HIGH! One EB, and the Big Name Electronics stores and Walmart style stores. Goodwill and Salvation Army stores almost never have video game stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm from the East Lansing area (Haslett). Not much in the way of thrifts here, but a few decent pawn shops.

Unfortunately, I think that Lansing's Game Hits has the worst prices & service ever, and I refuse to support them. Too bad, considering they have a nice selection of modern and old stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Achika

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyImpmon
    No wonder thrifting is drier than a good martini :P I'm from near Flint. I remember when I used to find at least one classic game related stuff at a Goodwill As Is store on Averil rd. (just north of I-69) almost every day. Now I'd be lucky to see just one Combat or one NES AC adapter in a whole month at that store.
    So you're my competition? Damn how I miss being home.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon
    I live in Rochester MI. You could definately tell there's other collectors in the area. I used to go to the Dixieland flea market in Pontiac years ago and stopped when I noticed how all that was ever left was the most common junk. I've never found anything rare or valuable here in the wild. I've never seen a Vectrex system, cart or even a manual.
    I'm in Rochester too, and I've found tons of stuff . I'm most likely your "other collector in the area". Last summer I found a Vectrex with 7 games at a garage sale for $15, and the lady made me take home the handful of 2600 carts she had next to it. I sold it all for about $150, thats not a bad little profit there .

I can't help but find stuff at Dixieland. A few weeks ago I found a complete Night Trap and Final Fight CD, a few weeks before that I found a complete Metroid, Tyson's Punchout, and Castlevania, and a few weeks before that I found a complete 3DO with like 6 games. I guess you just have to have the eyes for it. It's insane how i can see a giant pile of useless shit and then pull a complete Night Trap out of the bottom.

And since all people from MI will probably see this, I've got an arcade cabinet you want badly . It's taking up way too much space in my tiny room. If you're interested PM me now, a little more than $100 is all i'm looking for, and I'd probably go down on that too .

-Hitman-

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Unfortunately, I think that Lansing's Game Hits has the worst prices & service ever, and I refuse to support them. Too bad, considering they have a nice selection of modern and old stuff."

The prices are a little high, and the service is... well, it depends on who you get. I know a lot of the guys down there, and it's fun to talk to them... but yeah, I've heard complaints about one of the clerks in particular. Guess I'm not making much of a case for the store, but I love to hang out there whenever I get the chance.

JR

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest
    I'm all up for meeting at an arcade, but Lansing is a bit far for most people in SE Michigan. Although I still have a ton of friends up at State so I could always visit them. Too bad the Pinball Pete's at MSU doesn't have much classic stuff anymore.
    I could suggest the Game Works at Great Lakes Crossing mall (about 20 minute SW of Flint on I-75 and short drive away from Pontiac) Last time I was there they had a number of classic games tucked away in a corner including Tron and Pac Man. Been a couple years BTW so someone will have to check and see what's still there. The mall itself is rather huge, just walking around took me almost an hour and that's w/o stopping in any stores.

Oh, and bring beers if we're going to someone's house. I prefer spiked drink like Mike's or Smirnoff.
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Grand Rapids.

www.bmshrine.com