Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hardest Game EVER???...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Hardest Game EVER???...

Surely nobody here as played an harder game than Battletoads for the NES... Have they???...

What about Snake Rattle N' Roll, another NES classic... But absolutley solid...

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default e

Yep. Try Holy Diver. WAY harder than Battletoads. And an *awesome* game. Is a Japanese famicom title, but very English friendly. I can make it to level 4 (or is it 5?) boss. I think there's 8 levels. Even cheating with save states this game is REALLY frikkin hard.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember Mission Impossible for NES being pretty impossible... Also I was never able to get anywhere in Adventure of Bayou Billy, but I only played it for about 15 minutes and decided the game sucked, so never played it again.

DogP
    Virtual Boy Lives @ Project: VB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if it's the hardest game *ever*, but Metal Slug 3 for Xbox is the hardest game I've ever played. Actually, Stages 1-4 aren't hard at all, but 5 is a complete pain-in-the-ass (it's about as long as all the other levels in the game combined plus you cant continue). Took me a little over a week of solid playing to beat that level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Battletoads is hard, but I don't think it is the hardest game ever. I can get to level 3 or so on this game but yet I can't get past the first level in Metal Gear or the 2nd level in Contra.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    I don't know if it's the hardest game *ever*, but Metal Slug 3 for Xbox is the hardest game I've ever played. Actually, Stages 1-4 aren't hard at all, but 5 is a complete pain-in-the-ass (it's about as long as all the other levels in the game combined plus you cant continue). Took me a little over a week of solid playing to beat that level.

Very true.... Stage 5 sucks unless you use cheats or are ms3 pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_EniGma

Very true.... Stage 5 sucks unless you use cheats or are ms3 pro
    You mean the "press Start on controller 2 right before you die" trick? I wouldn't really call that a cheat, but it is only thing similar to a cheat available for that game.

I actually made it up to the final boss in MS3 without having to do that. I lost my last life right away though so I did the controller 2 thing. I beat him on my last life. Glad I did it 'cause I don't think I could find the strength to play thru it again after that. x_x

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cane even remember the last boss was it that weirdalien brain floating downwards?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have always thought that ghosts and Goblins for the NES was way hard.

Another kind of hard is beating project gotham 2 on platinum. Get ready to spend about 300 hours and still be far from complete. Then, after countless more hours, you get to the final 2 that you settled for gold on and discover that they are as close to impossible as something could be. (I still have not gotten platinum on those 2!!!! )

-james

PS: I think this is the first time that I have ever used the angry flame guy. This should emphasize how hard this truly is.

Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At least you can get all the way to Stage 5. I've had the game for months and I'm still pulling my hair out at Stage 2. (I've come oh so close to beating it, but the final boss always finds a way to fuck me up right before I'm about to finish it off for good.)
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

COntra is IMPOSSIBLE without codes/continues.

-Tritium
    Tritium (aka Mel)
    ------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta
    At least you can get all the way to Stage 5. I've had the game for months and I'm still pulling my hair out at Stage 2. (I've come oh so close to beating it, but the final boss always finds a way to fuck me up right before I'm about to finish it off for good.)
    I can sympathize with you there. I was stuck on that stage for almost a week when I first started playing the game. The trick is to memorize what direction the zombies are coming from and to stay away from their puke. Jump over the diving zombies to save ammo too. Just stick with it and you'll beat it.

Oh yeah, and stay the hell away from the ice cave!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the hardest game in the world is castlequest!! Or at least i think so!! seems like everytime i play it the world loses another copy!!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of all the games I own I gotta go with Silver Surfer. That game is horrid. It's a shooter , but the enemies take more than 1 hit to kill , and you die after 1 shot and you go back to the beginning of the level ( talk about evil game creators). I would say that Double Dragon 3 is a close 2nd. The enemies in that game are ruthless!!!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default 4

I remember Mission Impossible for NES being pretty impossible... Also I was never able to get anywhere in Adventure of Bayou Billy, but I only played it for about 15 minutes and decided the game sucked, so never played it again.

DogP
    Well stage 1 is the hardest one, probably. After that it picks up...try it out! Its a great game. :-)

COntra is IMPOSSIBLE without codes/continues.

-Tritium
    Do you mean the original? I can beat it on one life. (sorry, that sounded like a snotty brag...but I know a few others here can beat it with just 3 lives too). I can go through it several times on 1 continue without cheats. The PS2 version though...man..I made it to level 4 and gave up...much like Ikaruga.

the hardest game in the world is castlequest!! Or at least i think so!! seems like everytime i play it the world loses another copy!!
    Yeah! Unique really cool game, but god damn that game is hard. I believe there is a cheat for that game, but I forget... I'd love to see a speedrun of that game. :-)

I would say that Double Dragon 3 is a close 2nd.
    DD3 is damn hard, but I made it to the last boss in a day or two...it just takes practice...going through it with 10 good attempts should get you to the last boss, from what I've seen from most players. I never did beat that last boss tho, that cheating bitch.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can sympathize with you there. I was stuck on that stage for almost a week when I first started playing the game. The trick is to memorize what direction the zombies are coming from and to stay away from their puke. Jump over the diving zombies to save ammo too. Just stick with it and you'll beat it.
    I've got the patterns down pat to the point where I can usually make it to first of the two bosses (the second boss is right after) with at least 4 out of the 5 alloted lives - if not all 5.

Ice cave? Is this a secret area or something? I have no idea what you're referring to. Unlike Stage 1, with its multiple routes, Stage 2 seems to have only one route - or so I thought. Is there more than meets the eye?
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm having a BITCH of a time with Barney's Hide And Seek for Genny. Is there a walkthrough available?

On the N64, I find that Jet Force Gemini is a pain (not enough ammo drops). Then again, anything from Rare is.

Soloing on FFXI can be a pain. I also found that Need For Speed Underground raised the blood pressure quite a bit due to it's overall cheapness. I won't be buying the second game because of it.

Difficult 8 and 16 bit games? I find many of them to be tough.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gamelord2000

Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox was really hard for me, but I was able to beat it.

The one game that sticks out in my mind is Tricky Kick for the TG-16. Some stages were fairly easy, while others were totally impossible to complete. I really wonder how many people have actually beaten this game. If you have...then consider yourself a video game master.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Gradius.

I know people have said before that to beat it, you almost have to do it on one life. Problem is, I keep getting killed.

At least with Gradius III, I can get to about Level 5 before I die many horrible deaths. With the first Gradius, I can't even get past Level 1.

Oh, and don't even get me started on R-Type and its ilk.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta
    Ice cave? Is this a secret area or something? I have no idea what you're referring to. Unlike Stage 1, with its multiple routes, Stage 2 seems to have only one route - or so I thought. Is there more than meets the eye?
    Yeah, the ice cave is another part of Level 2 but it's hard to see. It's about half way thru at the base of a ledge. You'll see a sign that says "Iceman" with an entrance below it that's boarded-up. Blast thru that and you can enter. It's VERY hard, but it'll take you to the end of the level if you can pass it.