Following up on my Rambo III for Sega Genesis thread, I thought I'd mention one of the most criminally underrated and overlooked games of any generation - Assault Rigs for PSX.

This mixture of shooter and puzzler from the now-defunct Psygnosis still holds up magnificently well, even in the graphics department. The game takes place in a "virtual world," and you control a futuristic tank. I haven't played it in a while, so my memory is a bit hazy, but I believe each level presents a series of goals, with the major one being to find the exit. Getting from A to B isn't always simple, which is where the puzzle elements come in. You may know where the exit is, but figuring out how to get there takes some work. Of course, there are enemies along the way to further complicate matters. It all makes for a damn fun and addictive gameplay experience.

Assault Rigs was a near-launch title that was overshadowed by just about every other high-profile release at the time, and thus it never got the attention or acclaim it deserved. It's a shame that more people didn't discover it at the time and even fewer people will discover it now because it's become a forgotten part of the PSX's early history.