Thread: Factory Sealed Magical Chase - Turbo Grafx Fans...Some Help!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Factory Sealed Magical Chase - Turbo Grafx Fans...Some Help!

alright. Well there is a factory sealed Magical Chase up for auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Seller doesn't include pics in the auction listing, but indicates he has pics, which I e-mailed him asking him about and he sends me the following two pictures:

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1080219

My question since I am not familiar with Factory Sealed Turbo games is if it's really a factory seal with the seams on the top and bottom of the box.

Any thoughts???
    There Can Be Only One!
    ---AWESOME TRADERS---
    maxlords, vintagegamecrazy, [-Sentinel-], Rugal, vision89, stargate, gamergary, Nick, Zmweasel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see that someone's buddy is in on the bidding already as well.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

looks right to me, I'm on it

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have asked him some questions. very good chance I will be in this one.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The back of that game box is very appealing! I'm surprised, given that it's a TG-16 game :P

Hope one of you guys buys it for lots of cash so then you won't be able to respond when I make my final bid for WORLD DOMINATION. Mua ha ha.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This guy has no intentions of keeping the game up. Which is upsetting. He responded and added in a deal is pending and it will probably be pulled. Looks like there is mucho side bidding going on.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

oh i was worried but i do see andre_henretta bidding.

all is well.
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

edv is a 100% legit seller

sad thing is a sealed magical chase stayed on ebay being relisted for about 6 months for 199.00 and no one ever bid

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D_N_G
    edv is a 100% legit seller

sad thing is a sealed magical chase stayed on ebay being relisted for about 6 months for 199.00 and no one ever bid
    exactly why I won't be bidding. This will end ridiculously. He said he would pull the auction within 24 hours since he e-mailed me so let's see
    There Can Be Only One!
    ---AWESOME TRADERS---
    maxlords, vintagegamecrazy, [-Sentinel-], Rugal, vision89, stargate, gamergary, Nick, Zmweasel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am gonna say to you all that this may be a good chance here. A sealed magical chase is worth $450 easily. I have seen a few sell for that price on and off ebay. I think the only game rarer than this is the dynastic hero. Not having a pic is a great advantage here. so i suggest making some inside moves before someone else does. I can guarntee he will not sell this on the side for less than $400.

I would also like to say that this is probebly the best shooter on the system. 100 times better than cotton, and right up there with lords of thunder. AWESOME GAME!! If i had the money i would bid on it just for the box. One of the only games in my collection i need a box for.

If one of you all happen to win let me know so i can send you my high score.

Did anyone actually see a pic of this to verify it was english?
    Currently looking to trade for Magical Chase any version, and especially Dynastic Hero USA version. I have Samurai Shodown V Special MVS, lots of other MVS titles, and tons of games. Check out my profile over at http://gametz.com/user/greedostick.html if you are looking to get rid of one.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greedostick
    I am gonna say to you all that this may be a good chance here. A sealed magical chase is worth $450 easily. I have seen a few sell for that price on and off ebay. I think the only game rarer than this is the dynastic hero. Not having a pic is a great advantage here. so i suggest making some inside moves before someone else does. I can guarntee he will not sell this on the side for less than $400.

I would also like to say that this is probebly the best shooter on the system. 100 times better than cotton, and right up there with lords of thunder. AWESOME GAME!! If i had the money i would bid on it just for the box. One of the only games in my collection i need a box for.

If one of you all happen to win let me know so i can send you my high score.

Did anyone actually see a pic of this to verify it was english?
    I posted the pics the seller sent me in my first post in this thread. It's english alright. OH yeah, and the seller quoted me as saying he wanted $600 outside of ebay. This was within a day of it being listed on ebay.

Not sure if it's worth all that much
    There Can Be Only One!
    ---AWESOME TRADERS---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I personally would not pay more than $350 for this. A loose magical chase normally sells for around $200 or $250 if there is a manual. A boxed magical chase normally sells for $250-$325. A sealed magical chase is worth really no more than $400. If you are really interested I could see paying $450, but more than that is ridiculous.

$600 is a insane price. I remember when i tried to buy EDV'S dynastic hero a few years back he wanted $450, and i passed. Then it came up on ebay and sold for $365, and it was even pulled 2 days early. Luckily, i found a dynastic hero about a week before it was listed for $200. And i got very lucky and found a magical chase with mint manual for $135 shipped EMS from europe.

What i am getting at here is that you all should not go crazy over some plastic wrap. Does some plastic make a game worth $150 more? I know i would never pay $150 for some plastic packaging. Just to open the game and play it. Hold out, be patient, X-mas is coming up. Alot of people on ebay dump alot of good stuff around the holidays. I would not be surprised if i seen a few magical chases in the next month and a half.

The game is bound to come up on ebay again, it always does. The only turbo game that does not come up on more than once or twice a year is dynastic hero. I see magical chase at least once every 3 months. And usually at least 3 during the holidays. It is very possible that this game will sell for $600, but as soon as people see this they will dump there's.

Last year at this time a dynastic hero was listed i mentioned earlier. pulled 2 days early $365, because some idiot seen what it was worth and listed his. The other guy sold his for a mere $200.

Don't fall into the impulse purchase. Take your time and think before you bid.
    Currently looking to trade for Magical Chase any version, and especially Dynastic Hero USA version. I have Samurai Shodown V Special MVS, lots of other MVS titles, and tons of games. Check out my profile over at http://gametz.com/user/greedostick.html if you are looking to get rid of one.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with everything Greedostick said.

Unless you have a particular interest in sealed games, why not wait for a used complete copy? Magical Chase IS a fun game, after all. I know if I snagged that sealed one it would annoy me, and I would probably end up trading it for an opened copy + a bit of cash, just so I could play it and mix it up with my other HuCards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Geddon_jt
    I agree with everything Greedostick said.

Unless you have a particular interest in sealed games, why not wait for a used complete copy? Magical Chase IS a fun game, after all. I know if I snagged that sealed one it would annoy me, and I would probably end up trading it for an opened copy + a bit of cash, just so I could play it and mix it up with my other HuCards.
    That's exactely what i was going to say, but i didn't. Odds are you won't find a person with a complete magical chase willing to pay more than $400 for it. It would be more like money in the bank, rather than a profit of a used magical chase and money. I would say if you can get it for cheaper than $400 go for it.