Thread: Challenging?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Challenging?

Which games do you think were easier than people say and wich were harder?

I think that Battletoads and Contra are pretty easy, I can finish the first with 2-3 lives and the other without dying once.

On the other hand, I think that Super Mario Kart is hard. Most people say itīs a kiddy game but it took me try hard during a month to beat it. Not impossible, but difficult enough.
    Step Back! This is my blast shot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

let's see.

katamari damacy i flew through. i still need to get all the secrets, but i remember when the game 1st came out, there were many people, on this board alone, talking about having trouble just beating levels. i beat this game in 2 sittings. one sitting i just played a few levels just to test it out, and the next sitting i beat it. i think i beat it in maybe 5-6 hours absolute tops.

capcom vs snk 2
    if you are playing the computer, after awhile, the cpu acts exactly the same and the top 3 or 4 difficuly levels are exactly the same. i know people that can't beat the cpu on the easiest setting.

burnout series
    3 added new challenges, and the only thing i am really having trouble with are the burning laps, mainly because the f-1 car is so fast that it gets hard to concentrate. i show people how to play, and i don't use boost or even drift the entire game, and still rock them hardcore.

football games
    this is the opposite. the only 2 football games i am good at are mutant league and blitz. i get smoked on every single other football game i play against people.

tiger woods
    i love the game to death, but i still have trouble when i am playing it.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have strange experiences with difficulty in games. For example, Kingdom Hearts. I beat Maleficent Dragon with ease, then evil Riku kicked my rear over and over and over again. Upon consulting an FAQ for tips, all I find is the constant affirmation that this guy is cake and Maleficent Dragon is horrendously difficult.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a lot of trouble with NFL Street for ps2. Mostly because of the repition of the gameplay, it got really boring. And when you ask about difficulty of games are you talking about only games where the difficulty level is preset or ones where you can change the level?

That could make a big difference in some of the responses, also with or without codes?
    if you can read this congratulations!! you can read

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Assault Suit Leynos 2 turned out to be alot easier for me than I had heard it would be, but it's still very hard, so I guess it's actually a little of both for me.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wait you can beat battle toads? my god man that game is nutz! ive never been able to beat it
    You must be Dirk, Dirk the Daring

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find the Gran Turismo games to be horrendously easy...due to the equally horrendously-predictable A.I. I'm PRAYING that GT4 gives me a challenge.

I can't play a Genesis Sonic game (except Spinball) to save my life. I can't get him to spindash in the direction that I need him to go in. Ecco The Dolphin Tides Of Time, same thing. I can't even BEGIN the game because I can't make Ecco leap over the big rock that's in the way of leaving the opening pool.

I also find that I can play any of Rare's games to 99% completion....but I've NEVER been able to take down the final boss in ANY game made by Rare. All of my N64 game save files are complete and are "stuck" at the final bosses. I find their boss battles to be extraordinarily cheap or something that you weren't prepared for, which is also being cheap.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

festers quest on nes, everyone i knew had problems beating that game, i can do it everytime i play
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

somebody said nfl street.

man, that game is crazy hard for me. i am really good at arcade-ish sports games, and i can beat even seasoned nba street and nfl blitz people, but i can barely beat the computer on the easiest setting on nfl street.

i did get reminded of something with difficulty that really annoys me: arcade racing games. the biggest example is burnout 3. if the computer gets taken out, and then you boost literally the entire time right after they crash, it will still say that they are right on your tail, but if you crash and boost right after you crash, your screwed, as the computer is already 10 seconds ahead.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Well, I find most of the Zelda games to be relatively easy... except for The Legend of Link. I'm playing it on the GBA and I'm finally, after 15 years, getting somewhere in the game, but it ain't easy.

Another game that used to give me headaches was Super Mario 2.... until I tried the Super Mario Advance version. I think of the 3 versions (NES, SNES, GBA), SMA is the easiest of them.