Thread: How to get from the airport to the hotel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How to get from the airport to the hotel?

Plans have changed sort of last minute for me, and I'll be flying into Vegas by myself on Friday instead of driving in..
    Has anyone done any research on shuttles from the airport to the hotel? I don't wanna leave this for last minute..
    OR, alternatively, is anyone going to have a car and want to give a lady a ride?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll give you a ride, but you'll have to fly to seattle for it :twisted:
    I hope you get a good fare, pog! check with the hotel and see if they have any deals going on with airlines...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Getting to the hotel from the airport is a cinch. When you walk out the doors from the luggage retrieval area there two or three stands on the sidewalk, these stands sell shuttle tickets. Just look for the shuttle that goes to the Plaza and buy a ticket for that shuttle (I think its like $10). There are tons of shuttles leaving every 10 mintues or so around the clock so don't worry. It's actually alot simpler than you'd think, I was able to figure it out on my own last time (so you know it must be simple).

Tempest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*lol*
    Thanks, Matt.. that's the sort of information I was looking for. I'll tell you a secret: This is the FIRST time I've EVER flown by myself, and only the second time I've flown, period. (Previous time was in third grade to Florida & back w/my father & sister). So, I'm a bit nervous about it. (understatement of the YEAR). I'm sure I'll have nightmares about getting lost *lol*

And yes, I think I've nailed down a pretty good airfare price.. Now, if it's only available still when my bank updates my account from my deposit today!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

POG, me and mizzus use the Vegas shuttles all the time. As Tempest said, it's simple as hell.

"Hi, I'd like to go to the Plaza."
    "$10 please"

They load you up, (as well as taking several other folks to other hotels) and you sit back and enjoy the sights. The Plaza *will* be the last stop though as it's at the FAR end of the strip.

Oh, and be sure to tip the driver $5 for his troubles too.

What time will you be arriving on Friday? Me and Chris will be getting there around 1 p.m. If you're arriving around that time, we could wait for ya.

This also goes for anyone arriving Friday at 1 p.m.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be happy to pick some people up too, if there are several people arriving at around the same time. I can fit 2 people besides myself, and drive an olds, so there's a nice big trunk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe the flight I found (haven't bought the ticket yet) put me in Vegas at 7pm.. So, you'd be waiting a while thanks anyway.

Oh, and my sister advised me to call the hotel & ask them about shuttle service.. She said lots of hotels do it, and it's usually free since you're staying there.. Anyone know? I can call & ask

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry POG, I ain't waiting 6 hours at the airport for you...

I know that many hotels on the strip do have airport shuttles. That's 'cause the Strip runs alongside the airport, so it's very easy, convenient and fast. However The Plaza is in Downtown Vegas. I think it's a bit too far for free shuttle service. You could call and find out though.

One thing Vegas has going for it: taxis and other transportation is everywhere - it's cheap - and the drivers are the friendliest I've met in any city. You can get pretty much anyplace for $5-$8 plus tip. ANd not a surly one in the bunch.

See ya in two weeks. (Is it really that soon? Cripes...)
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

YAY! I bought my ticket today.. after much sweating and nail biting, I'm now departing from Boston instead of Portland, ME, or Manchester, NH. But, considering the fact that it's like nine days away, and I still managed to keep the fare under $300, I'm happy =)

According to the Delta airlines flight plan, I'll be arriving in Vegas at 2:26pm next Friday! I'd better go pack!!