Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your most amazing videogame accomplishment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anybody here who's familiar with arcade 1943 knows that there are 16 stages in the whole game. I got haflway through Stage 16 on 1 coin. Hve pics of the score, and a witness to the fact. Notwithstanding that the score resets when you continue (IIRC). That was a bitch to do, and even though the machine is in the basement, I still think it may even be a few more years before I attempt that one again. Probably a couple more, I'll have to reflect a bit longer.

Being completely unable to pass Stage 2 on arcade Gradius III comes to mind. Impressive in a negative way, eh? God that game is ridiculously hard!! (or maybe it's just me)
    Last edited by shawnbo42; 06-06-2007 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

played through all of ff7 disc 2 in 30 second intervals.

My copy of the game was terably damaged, and the only way I could find to play it was to put the disc in the freezer for a few minutes till frost covered it, then run it over to the system, pop it in, and play for the couple of seconds it took till all the frost was gone. Once and a while I would get to areas that would run without frost, but the vast majority of the disc I wasnt so lucky with.

Lets just say I wouldn't do it again
    This is like one of those activities on the kids meal placemat where you have to find all the things wrong with the picture. How many can you guys find?

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    This is like one of those activities on the kids meal placemat where you have to find all the things wrong with the picture. How many can you guys find?
    Ooooh. I got one!

Somebody gave Sloth from The Goonies a Playstation.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
    Uh huh...

I'm going to assume your implying that I'm lying. What can I say to that other then believe what you want, I don't see any need to try and prove anything to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

I was not implying you are lying.
    hell I was playing through oblivion the other day and beat it by playing for 37 seconds and then putting the disc into the microwave in a hot pocket sleeve .
    I have no idea why it works but it does.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finishing Castlevania: Circle of the Moon after completely missing two areas. Skipping the two areas between Chapel Tower and the Underground Waterway, missing the purification stone.

plus fighting Camilla was just fucking insane

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Beating TMNT's last level without having any special weapons at the start, or beating the dam level in the same game without getting hit

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One time I died during the first level of the original Super Mario Bros. Now THAT is a real gaming accomplishment!! Unlike all these wussy high scores and beaten games everyone else is posting....

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've managed to finish Life Force (NES) in one life, Megaman 2 in one life, and I agree that finishing Blaster Master at all is pretty good. (Did it twice)

The best I've ever done at 1943 is 945,000. I want to break 1,000,000, but I now magically suck at the game and I can't even defeat the mission 4 boss! I don't know what's wrong with me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A Flashbang kill on a public server in Counterstrike: Source, still got screenies of that one,
    a fluke maybe but quite the achievment.
    zomg I have a sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't done anything amazing yet. I've managed to place 1st in the Oval Circuit in Choro Q3 using the default car starting from 10th place. I'm also about to beat the original campaign in Front Mission First using only Lloyd. Once I'm done with that, I'm going to try to beat it using only Fredrick after Mission 3. I'm not using that hidden gun, BTW.

If I had a Jynx think of the things we can do together. She also kisses alot.
    Not to mention her breast plates is obviously hiding something nice
    The of Jynx as a XXX doll pokemon. -Rugal Sizzler

┏┫∵┣┛My Collection┏┫∵┣┛

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PSXferrari View Post
    One time I died during the first level of the original Super Mario Bros. Now THAT is a real gaming accomplishment!! Unlike all these wussy high scores and beaten games everyone else is posting....
    Meh... it's easy enough... if you start running, and don't jump in time, you can lose a life. If you're playing the game seriously, then this is quite the accomplishment.

I like the SMB trick where you can be small and have fireballs.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ninja Gaiden (NES) - Beating the game without being hit. I've only done this once. I play it all the time and know it like the back of my hand, usually never die unless I fuck up VERY badly. Score was insane, something like 380,000+.

God of War II - beating Titan mode. God that was the most annoying cheap deaths ever. The game also gives you the middle finger when it comes to upgrading your weapons that it made me steaming mad. Oh a chest? 15 ORBS. Or you have about 4500 orbs at a certain point in the game? Too bad, you can't get anymore out of chests, enemies only.

Oh yeah, and !@#$ Zeus. He was a chump after so many practice rounds though. You must have full health and 80% magic when he shrinks down though.

EDIT:

Remembered another!

PS2 - GTA: SA 100%

That was a bitch and a HALF. I also had to suffer through the real supply lines mission. Not the bullshit xbox and pc versions where they gave you a shitload more fuel. My flightplan had to be so perfect I practically divebombed the god damn roof you start out on which I had been coasting to for a while with no fuel.
    Last edited by -hellvin-; 06-10-2007 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Last year I finished Sonic Chaos for the Master System without cheating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I had a near perfect game on the mini game of monkey target(one of the best mini games ever). I hit a 5000 pt game on a five round game with the "wheel of danger on".
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XYXZYZ View Post
    The best I've ever done at 1943 is 945,000. I want to break 1,000,000, but I now magically suck at the game and I can't even defeat the mission 4 boss! I don't know what's wrong with me...
    I am happy to report that I just got 1,048,400 at 1943. I feel better now!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

30,201,920 on the Genesis version of OutRun. its not a world record or anything but its a P.B. I am proud of

beating Monster Party for NES without any help from guides/Youtube/FAQs/etc. this game was a favorite as a kid and I always needed Game Genie to get through it. 20 years later and once I got past level 1 I realized the game was easy

Gargoyles Quest 2. This wasnt a walk in the park but somehow I beat it

Speed run of SMB1. Couldnt tell you my fastest time. Sub 5 minutes I believe.

getting the black car on PS1 Ridge Racer

figuring out how to jump across Vvardenfel in Morrowind on my own. i felt proud of myself for figuring that out haha

208,639 on Tetris for Game Boy. its not the highest score but its a PB
    Last edited by gbpxl; 03-01-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I don't know if I've ever done anything particularly impressive in a game. I mean, to begin with, many of my favorite genres aren't known for being difficult, like RPGs and visual novels, and I'm not at all into stuff like speedrunning and 1CC'ing. And usually I play games on their defeat difficulty, very rarely increasing them to something harder (unless the default is still pathetically easy like in, say, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure).

But I have beaten some games that people often claim are so tough, like the first Castlevania, Castlevania Adventure, StarTropics, Legacy of the Wizard, Zelda II, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Skate or Die: Bad 'N Rad, etc. I've 100% cleared some games that are maybe not so challenging but still take an investment of time and effort that a lot of people aren't willing to put in, like Pokemon Pinball (caught 'em all), Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (beat all six modes), and Donkey Kong 64 (and I didn't have trouble getting the Nintendo Coin, which a lot of people freak out about). I've beaten a couple staff ghosts in F-Zero X, which took a massive amount of practice. Beating Boxxle was a big accomplishment for me. Took me years of on and off playing. Some of those damn puzzles had me stuck for weeks or months even. Back when I knew almost no Japanese, I played through a lot of text-heavy imports that a lot of people think are impossible to beat and enjoy if you're not fluent in Japanese. People underestimate how far a little trial and error can get you, and unless all you care about is story, you can still enjoy all the exploring and battling in RPGs even if you can't read the text.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 03-01-2020 at 11:16 AM.