Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    duoconflywheels

Default Multiple game system A/V Switch box question

First of all, if this question isn't in the right forum I apologize to the mods. Please move it if neccessary.

Now that is out of the way I've got a quick question about those multiple game system a/v switch boxes. I'm currently using the Pelican brand on 2 of my tvs and they work great. What I'm wanting to know is whether or not you can run one box thru another box to allow you 5 more systems to be hooked up to the same tv. On the back of these, there are 6 a/v ports for everything from a tv, cd/dvd player to game systems. If I were to run one box into another box that would leave 5 spaces open. I'm guessing that perhaps if you cut that one switch on that the new box is running out of it would then activate the new switch box. Hope this makes sense.

The reason I'm asking this is because I have 7 systems I'd like to have on the big screen tv in the living room. Currently my Neo Geo is left behind so to speak and when I want to play it I have to run the a/v cords around to the front of the tv and it's beginning to be a real hassel. If I could hook the NG into a new switch box and then run it into my existing switch box that would be great. Although I don't want to drop another $20 on a new switch box if my idea doesn't work.

Any help or insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes you can daisy chain.

But if you're turning on one component at a time what I did was buy 3 RCA Y adapters and combined the output from 2 av switchers to one cable that way you get to use all 6 inputs for your systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yes, you can do that ... I bought an 8 way Pelican which I thought would surely be enough. Now I've got 4 way boxes going into ports 5, 6, and 7. Trust me, when you get that many things hooked up you'll want a little chea sheet printed out and posted. I have a list, with the other switch boxes listed as 5A, 5B, 5C, etc.

http://www.robohara.com/videogames

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am also using multiple switches, and they're the exact same ones you're working with. I actually have the older version, which would let you select between 4 systems. I have 5 of them. One of them is the "master" switch, and it selects one of 4 "slave" switches, allowing me to select one of 16 systems. Click on the picture in my signature to see my setup. Notice all of the switch boxes running along the top. I printed little labels for each system, making this really easy to use.

I'm a stickler for good audio and video, too, and I can say that there is no noticable loss in quality when compared to using only one switch. This is pretty amazing when you consider how inexpensive these switches are!

Most of my systems are using S-video, including many that I modded myself. You haven't lived until you've played Atari 2600 in glorious S-video!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Daisy Chaining works fine, but don't use GE brand switch boxes with S-Video, they seem to havd wierd issues with the video cutting in and out every once in a while.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    duoconflywheels

I appreciate all of the feedback people!