Thread: Woah? People consider this an actual CONSOLE? (Microvision)

Classic Gaming Raccoon RockyRaccoon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Woah? People consider this an actual CONSOLE? (Microvision)

I was at Lancaster today at the Flea Market....

I come across this box that says "Microvision" on it... a LCD handheld Game. I thought "Cool!", because it looked cool , I also notice that it's an interchangeable game. I also figured again. "Cool.". I open it up. It has The usual Block Buster, aswell as a Pinball "Cart", Complete with box for that game. Once again. Cool.

Deciding to do a little search for it...I found out it has it's own section HERE on DP in the guide.

SO people actually consider this a real handheld? , as opposed to just another LCD Game & Watch game like the tiger ones?

and as for the one I bought.. it's missing it's battery cover .... but it still seems to work kinda..it makes noise but the screen is just black. Turning down the contrast with the konb in back seems to help a little..but still needs a powerful light source, any idea whats wrong with it, besides being helluva old?

~Rocky

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

screen rot, damn hard to find a microvision without it. almost everything that can go wrong with a cheap LCD goes wrong on the MV from eviro conditions to rough handling to just plain old age. as far as i know screen rot is not something you can repair.

theres not a huge following for this system but it belongs due to the interchangeable game faces. block buster looks crude now but then so does tetris for the old gameboy. besides its part of the "vision" family of systems - intellivision, colecovision, leisurevision, adventurevision...

i've got a nice colllection, seven boxed games and a complete console, cant say that i ever play it but i like it as a milestone collectors item.
    NEW ENGLAND CLASSIC GAMING-NEXT TRADEMEET pretty soon... IN BOSTON

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I love it...I Collect for it..

4 boxed working systems..3 loose..
    8 boxed games around 12 loose carts..

I still consider/call it a handheld game system....part of my handheld game collection..

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default e

Yeah, Microvosion Rocks. I've always wondered if there's anyway to just replace the screen...

Would a new, less (non?) blurry screen be blasphemous though?

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Default Re: Woah? People consider this an actual CONSOLE? (Microvisi

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon
    SO people actually consider this a real handheld? , as opposed to just another LCD Game & Watch game like the tiger ones?
    As stated earlier, it is cart-based, and that is the beginning of what makes it so cool. It was the first cart-based handheld system, you see, so like it or not, it has significant historical value.

I'm not going to applaud the games, I didn't even like them back then - but the retro factor on MicroVision is very high. If you like to collect for the aesthetics or nostalgia (as opposed to PLAYING the old stuff), it's a very nice unit with a very spiffy retro boxed library.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the lancaster flea market in ma? i used to go there EVERY weekend, me and my buddy, im suprised i found so much good stuff there, if there is another collector there.

just out of curiosity, if you do go to that one, where u the guy who bought the inbox intellivision? or the large sonic toy?
    You must be Dirk, Dirk the Daring