Thread: Official Nintendo NES Thread

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

- What is your favorite game on this system?

Baseball Stars, hands down

- What are some of your other favorites?

Mario 1 & 3, Super Dodge Ball, Mega Man 3, Dusty Diamond Softball, Operation Wolf, Rush 'N Attack, Batman

- What games surprised you? Infuriated you?

Mario 3 really surprised me, didn't think a game could be that big, and that beautiful on the NES. Baseball Stars amazed me, it is still my favorite baseball game, ever.

Mario 2 infuriated me since day 1, it wasn't a real Mario game in my eyes (still hate that game), also the Zelda games were tough for me to get into back then, they started seeding my deep rooted hatred of all things RPG to this day.

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?

Yeah, Christmas of 1984 or 85, the day we got ours!! First game was Super Mario Bros. I was impressed how advanced the graphics looked (we had graduated from the 2600 to the NES, when growing up, we were a 1 console at a time family).

- Did you own the system "back in the day"? How about now?

Well, my last answer answered that one, the problem was back then, that I couldn't afford to buy games, so I only owned 13 games in the entire time I had a NES from that Christmas until getting rid of it in 1991...now I have 3 NES systems, 1 top loader!

- How many games do you have for it?

270+ different titles right now...

- Any stories surrounding the system that you can share with us?

I have played 5 full 162 game seasons on Baseball Stars...before the battery died on me you should have seen my team, my Cubs were unstoppable!!! Thank goodness for emulators though, I'm working on a 6th season, albeit, with new players...

My sister has never beaten SMB1...I can beat it in one life without using Warp Zones She's played it even more than I have!!!
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Default Re: Official Nintendo NES Thread

Yay!

Well. I'll officially say Legend of Zelda. But my REAL favorite? Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout. I love it. I just fucking, love it. I can play through it in one sitting and it's still fun the same. Eat me if you don't like it

Zelda 1, Kickmaster, Power Blade 1&2 (Fucking amazing games), Bionic Commando, Little Ninja Bros, Desert Commander, Dr Mario, jesus. The list goes on.

Surprised: Hard to say. Any AVE or Color Dreams game I enjoyed. Krazy Kreatures was one.

Infuriated: Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I remember renting it back in the day... and promptly returning it, something I *never* did. That game is just evil.

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?

I don't remember the first time I saw it in action. I would say not in a store, because, if I remember correctly, my parents got me the NES based on how much I played the Atari 5200. I could be wrong.

Yes, and yes. I got it in like, 1986/1987. A blur. It's really hard for me to do the math since my memory is so shitty. YES I HAVE IT NOW

All but 2 for NTSC. Stadium Events and Dragon Warrior 3. Missing a good 30 variants, over Color Dreams and licensed variants. (Most nitpicky, like Tennis's top label color). Need 6 Euro only PAL games, and ~15 name changes. Got all Sachen releases. And a NTF2. I'd say 850 in total.

Where to begin?

TMNT: I remember waiting patiently each day for my dad to come home with this game, and how I excited I was when it finally got here.

Monster Party: I remember how I was struggling to beat this game, and I went over my friend's house to play it, and taking turns, we finally made it to the end with the TWIST ending. We freaked, but it was all good.

There's more, but my mind is fried from today

dave

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

River City Ransom, hands down. The funnest game I ever played.

Zeldas, Contra, Mega Mans, Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, the Maniac Mansion port, Gradius, Dragon Warriors... too many to list!

Suprising? Dragon Warrior 1. I never knew what RPG's were becuase I never played one before... until I rented Dragon Warrior. I dind't even get it returnd before I went out and bought my own copy.

Infuriated? Ninja Gaidens! Mega Man's...

- Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action?
    My cousins house on Christmas... 86 I believe. They were playing super Mario brothers... and I just thought how cool it was the way they were jerking the control pads around in the air. To my dismay, I found out that doens't make mario move, pushing the control pad does. :-)

Yes and yes.

Around 350+ now, and trying to make it grow.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

fav. game:The Legend of Zelda

Others: SMB(All), Commando, duck hunt

Infuriated me: I repeatidly smashed my NES controller to the ground breaking it into bits during a dungeon in Zelda. I kept dying.

1st time: I was at my cousins house, and he had SMB 1 and 2. I beat 2.

Own? Now? My stepbrothers had owned it for a while, and then gave it to me. When they moved out, they just left it behind.

Games: I currently own 4 NES systems, and about 40 games. Im not a serious collector for this system, but i take em if i see em.

Stories: My mom recently found me 2 NES systems and some games.
    Somebody once told me to get a life.

I told them I sold it for money to buy video games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Oh yay.

A subject near and dear to my heart. I think a lot of this was covered in a very special issue of Video Zone about four years ago, but since that is a high-priced collector's item now, I'll recount the highlights:

For me it's Super Mario Bros. 3. The prelaunch anticipation was so amazing, and then the game went and totally lived up to it. Beating SMB3 for the first time felt like a major feat.

SMB1, SMB2 (by which I mean Doki Doki Panic), Punch-Out... Shadow of the Ninja (hee hee), um... oh, it goes on and on.

Mario 2 surprised me for sure. So did Mario 3. Mighty Final Fight sure as heck surprised me... Wizards and Warriors was a total pain in the ass... actually, at that age many games can be infuriating.

Super Mario and Duck Hunt, circa 1987, friend's house. My brother and I had grown up on video games (2600 of course, but Atari 8-bit computer mostly) and so this really amazed us. We were only 7 and 6, but we decided we had to have it. So we worked together, pooled our resources, and carried out a strategically sound plan of acting like the two most incredibly obnoxious brats on the face of the planet until our parents bought us the Action Set.

Easter 1988. After the hunt for our baskets, our parents asked us to go and make their bed. We'd never been asked to do this before so we had no clue what was up. So we walk into their bedroom, and there's the NES. Originally, we hooked it up to the composite monitor in the computer room, right under the Atari 800XE.

Many.

Too many...
    Chris Kohler

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

What is your favorite game on this system?

I'd have to go with Zelda.

What are some of your other favorites?

The other Zelda. The Marios. Metroid. Blades of Steel. Bionic Commando. Ice Hockey. Punchout. The RBIs

What games surprised you? Infuriated you?

Zelda definitely suprised me. So did the first Mario.

Bionic Commando could be infuriating. As could Wizards and Warriors. But I always liked them both.

Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action? What game was it? What was your reaction?

Yup - it was Super Mario Bros. and I was blown away by it. This thing kicked the butt of any system I had seen before.

Did you own the system "back in the day"? How about now?

My sister and I pooled our resources and picked up our NES at Consumers Distributing. Got it home and played Super Mario Bros. for four hours straight. She doesn't even like games really.

I sold my NES for a leather jacket back in high school (say 4 years later).

Picked up another one once I decided I wanted one of all the major systems.

How many games do you have for it?

A meager 35ish

Any stories surrounding the system that you can share with us?

Unlike the Atari 2600 I don't have any stories really. I have many fond memories of playing the NES both at my own place and at a friend's place but none stick out as tellable.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow...soo many good games. I'd say it's a tie between Castlevania 3 and Mega Man 2.

Archon, All Castlevanias, All Mega Mans, All Ninja Gaidens,
    Arkanoid.

Surprised? The cinemas in Ninja Gaiden 1 and the cool story of Metal Gear 1. Infuriated - the Rock Monster in Mega Man 1!

Honestly, I don't think I remember the first time I saw one or played one, but I'd swear the first game I ever saw on it was SMB and I thought it was damned cool!

No...I was banned from having a video game system back in the day. My parents wouldn't let me have one unless I could pay for it myself cause they felt they were a waste of time. I never got one until well after the PSX and Saturn came out. My first system was the SNES, followed by the Genesis, but I DID have a subscription to Nintendo Power all thru the NES days and I read EVERY issue cover to cover in case I got the chance to play the games at a friend's house!

About 50 including imports. I'd have more, but here in Ontario (at least where I am) even the common carts are expensive, compared to the $3 each I was paying back in Oregon.

I don't really have a lot of gaming stories...most of my gaming and marathon gaming began well after the NES days and never really spread back to the NES sadly.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a tough question. Probably SuperMarioBros3. Super hyped but super good.

Anything by Nintendo was usually really good. The arcade classics like Donkey Kong and Popeye usually get a lot of play time now. Ninja Gaiden and Contra are tops when it comes to sidescrollers. I'm pretty sure thats why they're being updated on the newer consoles: Nostalgia.

Heh, any LJN game that turned out to be playable. LJN had a horrible track record (x-men, Friday the 13th). One day mother bought me Jaws and suprisingly we fell in love with it. It was actually playable!

I think it had to be at some shop called Savemart circa 86 or 88 (ninja turtles just burst on to the scene). They had a demo unit with Duck hunt. I think my parents witnessed how much I liked it which led to them buying me one.

- What game was it? What was your reaction?
    see above

see above. BTW, It's sitting on top of my PS2 right now.

75-80 with more being bought every weekend

Well, NES was my first foray into gaming (minus game&watch and arcades) so I guess it shaped me into the gamer I am today. That of course comes with a lot of baggage now since everyday all we see are rehashes, re-releases and ripoffs of old NES games being sold as "new". I lose a lot of faith in gaming now.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, NES.

I have many: The Guardian Legend, River City Ransom, Metroid, Final Fantasy, the Ultimate Stuntman, Super Mario Bros 1/3, The legend of Zelda.. I could go on and on.

The Guardian Legend infuriated me because I couldn't pass the first stage.

I first saw The Legend of Zelda when I was 5 years old. My mom and half sisters were playing it.. I got really excited, and tripped on the cord, falling on my NES. The game reset, and my sisters were angry, but my mom just laughed.

I guess I did "back in the day" I definately own it now

120+, most complete. 3 Sealed.

I've had 3 in the past.. thats about all
    www.kessnet.tk
    Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Atar1G1rl
    Steam
    atar1g1rl

I haven't played all that many compared to how many games are actually out there for NES. But, I really really dig Super Mario Brothers 3.

Super Mario Brothers 2
    Shadowgate
    Star Wars

The first Super Mario Brothers. I so suck at that game. No matter how much I played and practice, I'd never get very far and the controller was thrown against the floor more than a few times in frustration.

The first time I saw a NES was back around '85 - '86? My best friend Marcy had one and she was a whiz at SMB!! That girl new all the warp zones, all the tricks, never fell or died. I think that led to my frustration with the game (see above) because I never could play it well, not even today. At the time, though, I think it was girly competition. I had a jealous streak beyond measure and I couldn't stand when anyone played or performed better than me!

Yep, we bought a system shortly after Marcy's family bought her one. It was mainly for my little sister and me. The original system we bought was recently found after some closets were cleaned out and it is sitting on my Mom's tv set with Star Tropics in it.

Yep, I also own a system here currently with a small assortment of games. I'd love to get a top-loader, but this one seems to be just fine for now

I am at a mere 16 games plus a game genie because I need to cheat to win more often than I'd like to admit!

I distinctly remember this one Christmas we had after we bought the system. I was also still "in love" with Luke Skywalker at the time and almost everything I wanted had to be Star Wars related. So, obviously, my big request for the holiday was the Star Wars game for NES. I was sooooo excited and made it perfectly clear to my dad that was what I wanted above anything else.

Christmas morning arrives and there are gifts under the tree for my sister, my brother, and myself. My Dad comes over shortly after we start opening stuff up and hands a gift to me and to my sister. I already knew what I was supposed to be getting and the box was just the right shape and weight for a boxed NES cart. I couldn't wait!

I rip into the package which has one of those little tags saying "To: Laura, From: Dad." I'm so happy and peeling off the paper and pull out this box ... At first I was thinking, boy this is weird. The first thing I see is the character Ariel from the Little Mermaid. My heart sinks, but I don't want to hurt my dad's feelings (I was jealous and bratty to my friends, but I never want to make mom or dad sad.) He asked me if I liked it and I was quietly replying "Umm, yeah, this is great. Thanks."

Fortunately for me, my sister being 10 years younger than myself and pretty darn young at the time had no worries of complaining if she didn't get what she wanted. She had opened the gift my dad gave her and found Star Wars for the NES. She gets up and makes no effort to hide that she wanted the "Ariel game" and not this stupid Star Wars. HA!!! Dad had goofed and switched the tags on the presents. So everybody was happy in the end. Funny memories looking back on it after so many years...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SMB 1 or 3

SMB2, Mega Man 2, Duck Hunt, Duck Tales, Punch Out, Excite Bike, Super Off Road, Castlevania, Zelda and Ghost n Goblins!

Seeing SMB for the first time suprised me, and then SMB3 - what graphics and game play wow! Goonies 2 and Ghost n Goblins used to frustrate me loads!

Playing round a friends house when I was a kid; he was the first in my class to get a NES. Seeing SMB for the first time was awesome, I was like "I've gotta get one of these babies!"

Yeah I had one 'back in the day'! Probably a year or so after its original release over here in the UK. Sold it later on to get a SNES! Bought one off a friend about 1999-2000 to replace the one I sold as a kid!

Only about 50 or so; I'm not as dedicated or as serious as most other NES collectors.

None worth sharing really, just lots of warm fuzzy memories baby - NOSTALGIA RULES!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mega Man 2

Mega Man, Mega Man 3, Guardian Legend, Blaster Master, Ninja Gaiden 1-3

Zelda 2 suprised me in how different it was from the first, blaster master infuriated me because it took so long to play, even now it takes 2-3 hours probably more to get all the way through it.

no clue

I didnt get mine till the tg-16 came out, i got a few of them now.

Around 650

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

without a doubt... Blades of Steel!!!!
    Super Dodge Ball is a VERY close second to Blades of Steel. Strider, the only NES game I've ever beat.... I know, I know....lame. Those are all-time faves some new faves since I started collecting again a couple years ago include Palamedes and Pyramid.
    after only having played the 2600 and C64, they all were a bit of a surprise. Bases Loaded 2 STILL pisses me off. It's just baseball but that damn game has got my number.
    a buddy of mine had one, this was when I was in college, back in 1986.
    What game was it? What was your reaction?
    it was Ivan Stewarts Super Off-Road, I thought, that's pretty cool but do they have a hockey game?
    I bought the system in 1986 and still have it. I've had as many as 7 but right now just my original and a top-loader.
    around 430
    two of my fondest memories involve games I've already mentioned. One is beating Strider which my friend Gary and I did in one night save the last level. That had to wait a few months till he came home from Michigan State for the summer. The other was my long run as Blades of Steel Champion. My final victory was extremely lopsided, something like 25-3 and was achieved while I was so drunk I could barely stand. My opponent was cold sober. I was never challenged again. Ah yes, a proud moment.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Balloon Fight

Fantasy Zone
    City Connection
    Galaga

I've gotten irritated with a lot of games... but I don't think I'll list them

When my family got the system. Super Mario Bros. I sucked real bad and pretty much just watched other people play when we first got it.

We got it in 1987. I still have the same system.

42 unique games.

Nothing I feel like sharing... I just recently bought a new cartridge port so I'm really enjoying having the system work without any hastle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

P'Radikus Conflict
    Rockball, Mermaids of Atlantis, Exodus, Destiny of an Emperor, Magical Mathematics
    The quality of some of the unlicenced games surprised me. Two games infuriated me: Super Mario Bros and Star Wars. SMB took me 2 months to beat and Star Wars is so hard that I have yet to beat it.
    I got my first NES in 1990 (I think x_x ) I own two versions of it now.
    34 NES + 1 Famicom about half of which are from companies like Color Dreams, Tengen, Wisdom Tree, Sachen, American Video, and Camerica.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default NES

My favorite game is Star Tropics.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, Faxanadu, Adventures of Rad Gravity, Zelda II, SMB 1,2,3, Mega Man 2,3,4,6, Battle of Olympus, Solstice, Darkwing Duck, Low G Man, Shadow Warriors, Castlevania games too much to list

Star Tropics, Adventures of Rad Gravity, Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt
    Section Z, Burai Fighter and Isolated Warrior are games that infuriated me.

Yes, Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt

See above. Amazed. The graphics were fantastic. The fact that you can shoot ducks with a gun.

Yes (well it was my brother's, but I played it too). I still have a NES with many games.

Around 370

Well I bought Star Tropics back in the day but it wasn't the plan. I got some money from my brother to get a game for him (he almost never went to the store himself), and the game to get was Dragon's Lair because I saw it for a sale a few days ago. Dragon's Lair was away, and I decided to buy Star Tropics with my brother's money because of the cool pictures. We both liked the game very much, I'm still happy Dragon's Lair (which is not good I heard) was gone.

Keeper of the Terror Mask
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    therealdire51

Now here's a good topic...

Castlevania.

Castlevania II & III, Bionic Commando, Gradius, Gradius II (Famicom) Life Force, Contra, Super C, Monster Party, Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Grafitti (Famicom), Ninja Gaiden, Jackal, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Mega Man 2, SMB 2 and a whole bunch of others.

Castlevania surprised me. I thought it looked like crap until I played it and found out that it was one of the best games ever created (see the story below).

Muppet Adventure: Chaos At The Carnival infuriated me. I had no idea that there were games THIS BAD out for the NES. I actually made my brother take it back to the video store and return it.

That had to have been sometime in '86 or '87 at my friend Len's house. The game was SMB, and my reaction was one of pure astonishment. I had never seen a game like this before.

Absolutely I owned one back then! Unfortunately, my system bit the dust sometime in '94, and I ended up getting a Super 8 for my SNES to replace it.

Let me see... 91, including my three Famicom games.

I've got plenty, but this is my favorite:

I recall seeing Castlevania 1 & 2 in a video store shortly after getting my NES. I looked at them both, thought they looked stupid, and then rented Skate Or Die or something... anyway, a year or so later my parents say they're going to the store and they're going to pick me up a game. So I give them a list of games to choose from - 1942, 1943, Castlevania and Castlevania II. They came back later with Castlevania. My brother had also recieved a game and he wanted to play his first, so I let him. I set Castlevania down, put a notebook on top of it and forgot it even existed until over an hour later I picked up the notebook and there it was. So I opened it, tried it out and completely fell in love with it. ^_^

The odd part of the story is that to this day, I have no idea why I put either Castlevania on the list I gave to my parents. I thought they looked stupid... why in the world would I want them to get me a game that I thought looked stupid? It's something I may never figure out...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crystalis, aka "God Slayer." There are NES games that play better, look better, and sound better, but in my opinion, nothing quite captured the feeling of a massive epic adventure like Crystalis did.

Mega Man 2, The Ninja Gaiden series, Super Mario Bros. 3, Final Fantasy, Vice: Project Doom, The Guardian Legend, Mega Man 3, Super C, and Metroid.

I never expected Vice: Project Doom to be so cinematic and satisfying, especially since it looked like another boring multi-genre game on the surface.

As for infuriation, I'll never forget the time I was slogging through StarTropics and I needed to put in a code to start the Sub-C. You were supposed to put water on a "letter" that came with the game, thus revealing the code. Unfortunately, I'd left the game's box and instructions at my grandparents' house, five states away. Even though nearly every kid my age had an NES, it took forever to find someone with StarTropics.

While all of my friends eventually owned the NES, the first time I saw it in action was on visit to my grandparents. The kid next door had a system and was playing Fist of the North Star when I walked in. I tried it and thought it was boring, so we popped in Rygar. From that point on, I wanted "a Nintendo."

. . . . and I didn't get one until after several years of good grades and ceaseless nagging convinced my parents. I still have my old system, and it's held up better than most.

About thirty. I've bought dozens over the years, but I've gotten rid of everything but my favorites.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

It would have to be Zelda, my friend let me borrow it, we took it to another friends house, and accidentally erased his game to start a new one....wow was he pissed. 2 weeks later i got my own and my grade then soon fell.

Kid Iic, Exitebike, SMB(123), Rygar, Blaster Master, baseball stars, tecmo bowl, rbi baseball, zelda2, rc pro am, micro machines, dragon warrior, adventure island........

SMB, i mean wow, what a leap from atari. it was the only none sports games i could get my brother to play too. just to read in nintendo power to do some of the odd walk throu blocks tricks and stuff. it was great.

Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action?
    Saw it at Sears, six corners Chicago. I wanted one after that.

I got it around 85 i think, sold my atari at the garage sale to get to money to get it. I sold off my NES to buy an SNES. Rebought a top loader at k-mart when it was 19.95, gave that to my neighbor 5 years+ ago. wish i didn't

at that time about 20 or so. always renting really..or selling and buying others.

Any stories surrounding the system that you can share with us
    my neighbor that i knew for years was in her 70's. Everytime i went over to her house when she was not teaching(summer time). i would see this red light from behind some plastic. I swore i seen this for years really. one time i asked what it was, she confessed, it was an NES. and her passion was Adventure island. she didn't want to loose her spot anytime. she would pause it and turn the tv off for hours, days. but anyways she always hid it, she was embarrased to be playing it at her age. she is her 80's and still plays it.
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you remember the first time you saw the system in action?

Yes, I do. It was my brother's birthday, in July, the summer after the NES was released. We always vacationed for the first two weeks in July, so my brother usually got stuck w/fishing lures & equipment, candy, and some new shorts as presents. But we were relatively close to civilization this time, and my parents went into town and bought him the NES. The first time I actually saw one IN action, live, was after he took it out of the box and we hooked it up. Up until that point, we'd still been playing our 2600! SMB/Duckhunt came w/the system, so SMB was the first game I ever saw, and boy, were our socks knocked off (coming from a 2600 point of view!). I still remember tournaments of Duckhunt with my brothers & sister..

I don't have an NES now, but I do have ready access to one (as well as a HUGE library of games), AND I have a SNES and a Super 8 adapter and I own about twenty games myself.