Thread: Loads of games on sale at Target!

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Loads of games on sale at Target!

Aside from "okay" deals like just about every Greatest Hits game being $14.77 (varies from store to store) there are some great bargains to be had. Games like Deux Ex: The Conspiracy are only $4.74 and F-Zero GX is only $7.54. Breakdown, Wrestmania X8 and a load of older but not OLD games have been marked down considerably - under $9.99. I don't know what games are at your store, but mine has around 70 all of which reduced at some point. From now until January is a great time to find games for $4.74 - so be on the lookout.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, I used to work at Target, and from now until the day after Thanksgiving is the best time to find good deals -- try using the price scanners in the stores... often, the clearance markdown teams will be too overworked to place the actual stickers on any games (the clearance prices are company wide but how each store handles them is unique).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, well it does vary. The Target I work at usually still has some until January - as you mention, they all do things differently as far as clearance items - often something is clearance at one store and not at another, even if they're just ten minutes away - which frustrates me daily. But I'd agree that the bulk of sales stop around Thanksgiving - you can still find them until New Years, though - if you're lucky. It all depends.

Good tip on the price scanners too.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

According to a Target clerk who checked the price of Sonic Mega Collection + for the PS2 on a price checker, the price was $39.99. I went to BB to get it for $19.99.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As always, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out, if I have any money left over after this week.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only problem is that Target deals are YMMV, which stands for Your Mileage May Vary. Like, F-Zero GX and Billy Hatcher are $13.98 at my Target, but some guy at cheapassgamer.com said he found them for $9.98. Pretty arbitrary deals if you ask me.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the tip. Right when I got there, the employee was putting all the games on the clearance shelf. I picked up Billy Hatcher for 9.98 and Deus Ex (Xbox) for $4.98. Might go back for the $9.98 Breakdown they had though.

Even got a 28% off raincheck (for Pokemon Leaf) while I was there. Probably use it towards the Atari Anniversary or Pinball Classics Collections though if Target carrys them.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am going to look for Deus Ex later tonight. I hope they have one for $5.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Deus Ex for 5? Surely thou doth jest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anexanhume
    Deus Ex for 5? Surely thou doth jest!
    Nope. It was only $5. My Target didn't have the PS2 version though. A couple other games they had:

1080 Snowboarding $14.98
    The Hobbit (Xbox) $4.98
    Manhunt (PS2) $9.98

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I hit the local Target tonight..They had an additional rack out for the Greatest Hits game being $14.77

I scanned a bunch of games hoping to get lucky......Nothing was marked down........ etc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll
    I hit the local Target tonight..They had an additional rack out for the Greatest Hits game being $14.77

I scanned a bunch of games hoping to get lucky......Nothing was marked down........ etc..
    Are you sure you were in the clearance section? I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but it seems most Targets like to hide the cheapie titles from customers. I know at the stores I've been to, they stash all the marked-down games a couple aisles down from the videogame racks, so you usually have to search for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw a lot of clearance games at a local Target (at the Clackamas Promenade shopping center in Portland, OR) when I was there Monday night. I got the last copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for GC for $9.98.

For any local DP'ers that may be interested, here's the list of stuff I saw there that I posted in the Target Clearance thread in CheapAssGamer. Some of this stuff may be gone by now. For example, if that copy of MGS Twin Snakes was still there, i'd be surprised.

Gamecube:
    Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (1 copy) - $14.98
    Catwoman (3 copies) - $9.98
    Wrestlemania XiX (2 copies) - $8.98
    Wrestlemania X8 (Player's Choice, several copies) - $4.98
    Medal Of Honor Rising Sun (2 copies) - $14.98
    NBA Live 2004 (1 copy) - $14.98
    Madden 2004 (3 copies) - Don't remember the price, but I'm guessing it was $14.98

XBox:
    Breakdown (2 copies) - $9.98
    Freedom Fighters (1 copy) - $9.98

PS2:
    Manhunt (4 copies) - $9.98
    Harry Potter Quidditch Cup (2 copies) - either $8.98 or $9.98, can't exactly remember

GBA:
    Need For Speed Underground (at least 4 copies) - $14.98
    Dragonball Z: Legacy Of Goku (at least 3 copies) - $9.98
    Yu-Gi-Oh World Tournament 2004 (i saw one copy but there could be more) - $17.98
    Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (at least 3 copies) - $14.98
    007 Everything Or Nothing (1 or 2 copies, can't remember) - $14.98
    GBA videos - The only one I can remember is a Rugrats All Growed Up title for $9.98. There might be some other volumes in there too
    There was also a Barbie game I didn't bother to take a close look at, so I don't know exactly which Barbie game it is or how much it was.

All of this is located on an endcap right next to the budget games/accessories aisle, across from the TVs. I was there yesterday around 9:30 pm and left the store ten minutes to closing, so most, if not all, of this stuff should still be there when the store opens today. I may be off on the count of some of the games and there might be a couple titles I left out. I'm honestly surprised I even remembered this much.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll

Are you sure you were in the clearance section? I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but it seems most Targets like to hide the cheapie titles from customers. I know at the stores I've been to, they stash all the marked-down games a couple aisles down from the videogame racks, so you usually have to search for them.
    Yup.......Checked the clearance section etc...,nothing scanned cheaper then marked near the game..(except a GH $19.99 Counter strike scanned at 14.77)
    I checked a bunch of tiles and nothing scanned less .....Me and my wife..

All 14.77 games scanned 14.77
    (I know the store well it's down the block from my house,I checked everywhere..)

My wife goes out of her way helping me with this....She knows I like finding the deals..
    And at this store I've found plenty of deals in the clearance section,just not this time..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DigitalSpace

I put out almost all of those titles before I went home from work the other night - so I can say for a fact that your store (and anyone else who missed out) may end up getting another shipment of these games - it has happened before. In otherwords don't give up, Videogamerdaryll. Well, the deals aren't really that good that you need to lose sleep - but if you were to be in there in a couple of days it wouldn't hurt to try again.

A lot of the time we have that stuff in the back too - it shouldn't be there - but Target doesn't employ the brightest people, unfortunately. (That probably includes me too, but what the hell.)

And another point on the clearance section - in our store, we're lucky to even have one in the electronics department and our stuff often ends up at the back of the store in toys and seasonal. Ah well.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when i was at target they didnt send items back to the manufacturer, they'd drop the prices and if they didnt sell they'd dump em...i got ddr max 2, onimusha 2, smugglers run 2, mad maestro, obi-wan for 2.50 each :P
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

poop. Just got back from checking it out... my local target has everything on sale @ $14.77 (not bad I guess) and I took a whole stack of questionable ones to a price scanner to confirm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the PS2 Destruction Derby game for like $2.42... unfortunately there was no Deus Ex games to be seen. Also, had 1 copy of Breakdown and 1 of Freedom Fighters for $9.98, but I didn't get em. A WWE Game cube wresting game was $7, and there was a bunch of copies of some unknown hack-n-slash/rpg looking game for $7 too. There were also several copies of Advance Wars 2, might be worth looking at those again.