Thread: ebay prices - in regard to Caltron and Myriad?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ebay prices - in regard to Caltron and Myriad?

Okay, I have been completely away from video game collecting for about the last year and upon my return about a month ago I have noticed some things that I was curious about.

I have seen some auctions and heard some people talk about Caltron 6 in 1 prices being upwards of $300, and Myriad being upwards of $400-$500 dollars. The way I remember it, Caltron is less than a $100 game complete. I know i've had at least 4 of them pass through my collection at one time or another and I have never paid more than $70 for a complete one. As for Myriad, it is the only NES game that I have never owned, but I don't ever remember a complete copy going for more than $300 let alone a loose one.

So, to the question.......are these really high prices actually the going rate for these games now? If so, are there any others that have seen a major spike in the last 12-18 months? With these prices I think there are some items in my collection that I may have to let go of soon.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A Myriad hadn't popped up on ebay for quite a while, which explains the price. It's also getting its due as a rare title.

As for Caltron, 150-200 loose, 300ish complete seems fair.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are actually a few games that have skyrocketed in price in the last 1.5-2 years. Myriad and Caltron are some of them obviously, I would pay around $400 for a Myriad and around $175-200 for a Caltron, and the funny thing is... I would lose on ebay with those bids every damn time. I would say the prices I am willing to pay, are right around what the going rate is for each of those games at the moment. They really need to up the price of these 2 in the online rarity guide.
    You will NEVER get another copy of Caltron 6 in 1 for $70 complete again , well at least on ebay you won't. Cause so many people need them to finish off their collections, that I couldn't see one going for less than $150 (loose).

One of the other games that is worth a fortune now is Cheetahmen 2. When I first started collecting , they were all over ebay for around $50-70 buy it now. These games were also sealed copies , that had never been opened. If you were to sell a complete (not even sealed) copy of ebay right now, I would think it would go for at least $200+. The last one went for $300, but I think that was because the bidder just REALLY wanted the game.

By the way, if you are planning on selling either Caltron 6 in 1 , or Cheetahmen 2, give me a PM. I will pay a good amount for either of them (cart only)