Thread: Is there a good Force Feedback steering wheel for XBOX?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is there a good Force Feedback steering wheel for XBOX?

There are alot of really good racing games on the XBOX. And playing them on a 113 inch screen is freaking amazing.

But......

It would be truly epic if I could play them on the 113 inch screen and use a really good Force Feedback Steering wheel.

I'm talking about one that doesn't feel cheap. A very solid one, that feels close to arcade quality.

Does something like this exist for XBOX?

I remember that back in the day, I thought that Microsoft made a really, really good Force Feedback Steering Wheel for PC games. So why don't they make one for the XBOX?

Man, I would love to be playing Need For Speed Underground 2 on my 113 inch screen with a killer steering wheel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why not just get a Logitech force feedback wheel for PS2 and use the Xbox/GC Game Elements controller adapter with it? That adapter is amazing and I haven't found a controller yet that won't work on it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anybody try the Logitech or any other Force Feedback steering wheel on the XBOX?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    shvnsth
    PSN
    shvnsth
    Steam
    shvnsth

i have a force feedback pro, and it connects through usb, so i doubt you could convert it. i know they made one for forza, and its supposed to be decent, but no where close to the ffp, which i think is perfect besides the wheel being a little on the small side.
    Formerly known as "umich."

collection/buy/sell: https://tinyurl.com/shvnsth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    Why not just get a Logitech force feedback wheel for PS2 and use the Xbox/GC Game Elements controller adapter with it? That adapter is amazing and I haven't found a controller yet that won't work on it.
    Not an option, unfortunately. The Logitech force feedback wheels are USB, and won't work even with a USB-to-XBox converter, so I'm told.

There's this one XBox wheel called the Fanatec Speedster, which is apparently force feedback. However, it's really only faking it by translating the signals to the vibration motors into movement of the wheel. I'm not convinced that it would be worth the $150 price.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I can't believe that there are so many damn good racing games on XBOX, yet there isn't a decent force feedback steering wheel for the damn thing.

It really sucks, because I got this freaking huge 113 inch screen in my Garage, and when I play a game like Outrun 2 or Burnout 3 or Need for Speed: Underground (I prefer the first one) or Midnight Club 3 or Juiced or Forza or,.... you get the point. (all of them better on XBOX of course)

When I play any of these games in there, the experience is really awesome, but to seal the deal would be a sweet force feedback steering wheel. I have a buddy that sometimes takes steering wheels like that and makes a special driving seat for it. I could have him do that for me, or buy one of his old ones and put the new steering wheel in it.

But if there isn't a decent force feedback steering wheel for it, then what the F?

By the way, besides the USB versions of the Force Feedback ones for the PS2, is there any other force feedback ones for the PS2 that I could use with a PS2 to XBOX adapter?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    By the way, besides the USB versions of the Force Feedback ones for the PS2, is there any other force feedback ones for the PS2 that I could use with a PS2 to XBOX adapter?
    Not that I know of, unless Fanatec makes a PS2 version of their wheel. But that would be highly pointless. Ha ha.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Xbox console can not support true force feedback.

So sadly, there will never be one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about the Xbox NASCAR wheel?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you might want to check out the madcatz mc2 wheel that was used in this driving cab http://www.nnmodels.com/breaktime/index.htm
    it sounds like this guy like it alot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got a MadCatz wheel, and while the input from it very nice and smooth, saying that it has "force feedback" would be laughable. It's just got standard vibration motors, and it's about as strong as putting your cell phone on vibrate and placing it on the table next to the wheel. From what I hear, the Logitech Nascar is pretty much the same - i.e. drives nice, but force feedback is zilch.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ZeetherKID77's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is one that was sorta made for Forza, but EGM said it sucked because the force feedback was way too sensitive, it would go off even if you went over a small bump in the game and would throw off the steering. So, I guess you'll have to wait or get one of those convertors to convert the Logitech wheel to XBox if you can find one.
    He tried to kill me with a forklift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeetherKID77
    or get one of those convertors to convert the Logitech wheel to XBox if you can find one.
    Nope, can't be done.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I know is that when the 360 comes out, they better make a damn good steering wheel for it.

It's about time that somebody makes a super Kick ass steering wheel to use with these advanced systems.

I don't mind spending as much as $150 or even possibly $200 for a super high quality kick ass steering wheel.

What I don't understand is..... back in the mid 90's or kinda late 90's Microsoft had a kick ass force feedback steering wheel for the PC. I remember using it for Midtown Madness. (the original by Angel Studios). That Steering wheel was damn good, and it had good solid Force Feedback. I just need something like that to use with XBOX games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, those assorted reasons are pretty much why I prefer to buy the PS2 version of a racing game if it supports the Driving Force. Not only is the force feedback there, but the game is expecting you to be using a wheel, and thus the steering sensitivity curves are properly tailored for the more precise control. In other words, simple things like lane changes can be accomplished quite easily in excess of 100 MPH, instead of just flying across the road.

Curse you Codemasters for not releasing the PS2 Colin McRae games in the US anymore.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrit2
    Yeah, those assorted reasons are pretty much why I prefer to buy the PS2 version of a racing game if it supports the Driving Force. Not only is the force feedback there, but the game is expecting you to be using a wheel, and thus the steering sensitivity curves are properly tailored for the more precise control. In other words, simple things like lane changes can be accomplished quite easily in excess of 100 MPH, instead of just flying across the road.

Curse you Codemasters for not releasing the PS2 Colin McRae games in the US anymore.
    But PS2 racing games just don't look as good or sound as good as their XBOX cousins.

Of course, I'm a graphics whore in recovery, so you must understand....

By the way, which PS2 racing games support Driving Force? Is that the 700 degree's rotation or whatever?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    But PS2 racing games just don't look as good or sound as good as their XBOX cousins.

Of course, I'm a graphics whore in recovery, so you must understand....
    Roughly 9.5 times out of 10 I'll pick the shittier looking game if it plays better.

By the way, which PS2 racing games support Driving Force? Is that the 700 degree's rotation or whatever?
    Lots o' info: http://www.wingmanteam.com/files/doc...faq/ps2faq.htm

And it's the Driving Force Pro that has 900º rotation.