Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW NES 72 pin manufacturer *input wanted*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I offered before, and I'll offer again. Ship them back to me. I'll refund your money.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I may take you up on that... kind of sucks for you, though, as you are having great success with them. Plus I did know going in that it was a new product, so it's not like I'm uber pissed about it or anything.

What do you think are the odds that these could be sellable as they are, with a breakin period warning? Or maybe I should just ebay the things for $40 a pop and say hey you get a new pin good luck with it.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not so bad for me really. If they do have problems, I'm taking them to the manufacturer. If not, I'll sell them installed into systems for far more than the pennies per pin I make selling them in bulk.

It's cool either way.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Cherry (Level 1) eightbitonline's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i had problems with the first two i installed. after using a game genie with them they flaked out. cleaning them and doing an extremely slight pin bend-back got them back to 100% reliability. i've gone through all my original order with no more complaints.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Have you started selling them again or you still dealing with the mystery issues?

If so, good luck figuring it out. If your pin connectors do turn out to be more realiable then MCM I'll definitly invest!
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been using the three I installed... they work, but still after many insertions, they work better with the carts up than down.
    Seeking display quality copy of I Want My Mommy for the 2600... if you have one, PM me, I will pay/trade well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've pulled them off my site, and just use them myself now.

Selling parts is not a good fit for OSG. The low margin single connectors seem to require more followup service than *any* of the NES's I do installs for.

So it's a no brainer. Focus on extremely low margin parts, and answer install e-mails (plus feel bad when good people like eightbit and chadtower have problems :/ ), or install them myself and leave satisfied customers in my wake.

It's too bad, but the pins are obviously too fussy for DIY'ers. I have no idea why I have consistent good luck, as I test VERY thoroughly (ten random carts (clean) plus the NTF2 cartridge).

Of the volume systems I've done for store contracts, I've had maybe 5 of the last 80 come back. Of those 5, 4 just didn't like filthy cartridges , and one had a weird PCB problem.

I guess toploaders aren't that overrated for some. Otherwise, get an NES from me, or pinned by me. Both my local and mail order customers have been very pleased.

This saddens me, but I'm not going to sully my rep with pins that give inconsistent results out in the field.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I waited too long. Anywhere else I can get a good connector, given I 'gutted' my OEM one with the wrong grit sandpaper due to someone listing the wrong number online..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am still fixing NES's. Just got word back from a US customer. He's happy as heck with his perfectly working NES. Only $25USD warranteed. Ship extra.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll try the eBay route. Not really willing to pay too much, given I paid $40 average for both of my toaster NES backups, both used and in fantastic condition other than the connectors of course. Most NESs I run across are beat up, have rust, or other crap like that. These looked nice, but when adding too much to the $40, it's too steep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just wanted to make it clear that it's not like they can't be fixed reliably.

No worries, and I agree.