Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Condition Key

  1. #1
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Promophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Condition Key

    Check out this guys condition Key

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...147761550&rd=1

    I really like B. Yes, A store will open a display copy so its contents could be protected from theft.... WHA?

  2. #2
    Kirby (Level 13) Griking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,548
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Re: Condition Key

    Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    Check out this guys condition Key

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...147761550&rd=1

    I really like B. Yes, A store will open a copy, then re shrink wrap it, THEN display it.... That sure makes sense.
    "A: SEALED in the wrapper from the retail store
    B: An UNPLAYED display copy unwrapped by the store so its contents could be protected from theft
    C: Mint
    D: Near mint
    E: Used and plays just like new"

    I don't get it. What's wrong with these descriptions?

  3. #3
    Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Daria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,214
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

    Default

    Umm B and C are the cosmetically the same thing?

  4. #4
    drowning in medals Ed Oscuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16,556
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Hey, they're going an extra step there...can't be bad.

  5. #5
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Village
    Posts
    244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Re: Condition Key

    Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    Check out this guys condition Key

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...147761550&rd=1

    I really like B. Yes, A store will open a copy, then re shrink wrap it, THEN display it.... That sure makes sense.
    "A: SEALED in the wrapper from the retail store
    B: An UNPLAYED display copy unwrapped by the store so its contents could be protected from theft
    C: Mint
    D: Near mint
    E: Used and plays just like new"

    I don't get it. What's wrong with these descriptions?
    How would the seller know that the game was a store display copy? Why does this even matter to the buyer? As far as the buyer is concerned it is a used game if it was opened even if only to be displayed.

    Game Opened = less money on ebay. I guess this guy is trying to increase the value of opened games.

    What bothers me about this auction is that you can buy this game online at ebgames for $29.99 brand new:

    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235931.asp


    Why pay $100 on ebay when it is cheaper retail????

  6. #6
    Kirby (Level 13) Griking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,548
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Re: Condition Key

    Quote Originally Posted by number6

    How would the seller know that the game was a store display copy? Why does this even matter to the buyer? As far as the buyer is concerned it is a used game if it was opened even if only to be displayed.
    I agree with you there but try telling this to a Gamestop employee. I've gotten into an arguement numerous times with them about this.

    What bothers me about this auction is that you can buy this game online at ebgames for $29.99 brand new:
    Obviously you're smart enough not to bid but Why would you let it bother you?

  7. #7
    Cherry (Level 1)
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Village
    Posts
    244
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    In general this auction does not matter to me. What is more insane to me about this auction is the asking price not the condition key.

  8. #8
    Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Daria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,214
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

    Default Re: Condition Key

    Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Obviously you're smart enough not to bid but Why would you let it bother you?
    Obviously we're all smart enough not to be taken in by scams, why have an ebay insanity forum?

    Come on, the point of asking questions is to satisfy a curiosity and generate disscusion. There's nothing wrong with asking why.

  9. #9
    ServBot (Level 11) s1lence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Minnesota : Bitterville
    Posts
    3,159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

    Default

    WOW, BIN for 99.99, Im going to sell mine for that price!!!!

  10. #10
    Strawberry (Level 2)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Orleans, LA, USA
    Posts
    492
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Re: Condition Key

    Quote Originally Posted by number6

    What bothers me about this auction is that you can buy this game online at ebgames for $29.99 brand new:

    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235931.asp


    Why pay $100 on ebay when it is cheaper retail????
    Because it comes with 7 e-reader cards.
    Frobba.com - Stuff No One Cares About

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Earthbound in ANY PLAYABLE CONDITION (Even shitty condition)
    By Gunstar Hero in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 02:13 AM
  2. Looking for NES commons in A+ condition
    By JoeNES in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 01:22 PM
  3. DS W/Games Great Condition
    By Link_Master in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 12:18 AM
  4. Good condition ????
    By jonjandran in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. Mint condition huh?
    By Starcade in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2003, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •