Thread: Played a DS today with metroid in EB game world today...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Played a DS today with metroid in EB game world today...

It's not a bad handheld overall, but I see lots of room for improvement in areas such as the screen quality and size... as well as the d-pad and the buttons. The screen is not as good as I was thought it would be... and screen glare can be an issue, as it was for me when I used the demo inside the EB store.

After using it, I had to ask myself "why would Nintendo charge $150 for this?"

It would have looked more attractive IMO if it were to cost the same as the GBA did back at it's launch.... because for $30 more, you could buy a Sony PSP which would give the significantly larger screen area and quality.... which I think are important.

Anyways, talk with you later all.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alot of people who played the Metroid demo are saying it seems uncomftorable, and it's not worth the $150. Yet anyone that has one and has played feel the magic or Mario bros 64 is loving theres. Before you judge the system I recommend trying a friends with a different game in it. This goes to anyone pretty much, don't judge the system on just that one game.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioAllStar2600
    Alot of people who played the Metroid demo are saying it seems uncomftorable, and it's not worth the $150. Yet anyone that has one and has played feel the magic or Mario bros 64 is loving theres. Before you judge the system I recommend trying a friends with a different game in it. This goes to anyone pretty much, don't judge the system on just that one game.
    Exactly.

But then again I buy all systems and lots of games no matter what.

By the way , I've been playing the Metroid demo and after about 20 minutes I got use to the control scheme and I think it's a Damn fun game.

I hear some people saying the control scheme is hard on the hands or wrist, but I always had the same problem trying to play with a keyboard and mouse. But once your hand gets used to it , it's fine.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have played mario64 back in the days many times, so this is not a game that I am interested in... But I have never seen a 3D metroid on such a thing...

Also I was only judging the actual piece of technology in my hand and not the game... and no game will change my opinions on the screens being of low technology for the asking price of $150.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CAR25

Also I was only judging the actual piece of technology in my hand and not the game... and no game will change my opinions on the screens being of low technology for the asking price of $150.
    Now if they would have used 2 of the Tapwave Zodiac Touchscreens.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have played mario64 back in the days many times, so this is not a game that I am interested in... But I have never seen a 3D metroid on such a thing...

Although overall the Mario games are very similar, they are definatly not even close to exact ports. You fight bosses differently, different story line, and mini games. Yes the games are similar but if you enjoyed the first one this remake uis definatly worth the $30 bucks.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Played a DS today with metroid in EB game world today...

The screen is not as good as I was thought it would be... and screen glare can be an issue, as it was for me when I used the demo inside the EB store.
    Inside the store? And experience glare? No way!
    Is the PSP going to have one of theose Monitor Screen covers, like they use in cubicles for peoples eyes. That would be awesome. Actually, if Nintendo made on, i would more awesome, since the DS has two screens, you could be styling with your DS screen Sunglasses......

"What's that you got there?"
    "Sorry, my DS doesn't talk to you. You're not cool enough with your no Shade wearin' ass"

Or you could use the WiFi technology to play songs off the internet. Like "Sunglasses at night".

My DS wears his (Her?) sunglasses at night!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Screen glare is an issue for ANY handheld, I highly doubt the PSP is going to be any different in that aspect.
    I think the problem was the location (EB Games) and the angle the DS is set at. If you can get your hands on a loose DS, just try adjusting the screen angle until it's something you can see well.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I seriously have almost every modern handheld made in the last 10 years (except the GameKing ) .

And the Ds doesn't have more/less screen glare than any of the others.
    The worst ones are the ones with glass screens instead of plastic ones.
    And some , like the GP32 Unlit have a ant-glare coating that makes them slightly better.

But ALL of them have screen glare that can be bothersome at times and in the wrong lighting.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The buttons on the DS are kinda small That's my only complaint.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It might be because I have small fingers, but I don't think so, but I have no problem with the D-Pad and buttons. They're just fine for me.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i really liked the metroid demo. it was fun, and since im a big metroid fan, i gottta get it when it comes out. I cant wait!

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Wow. I love the screen, at least the top one. Try a GBA game on it and just look at how much better they look on it. The clarity is incredible. It doesn't look washed out either. I'm quite impressed now I that I have one in hand.