Thread: Wanda and the Colossus (ICO 2 , NICO)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wanda and the Colossus (ICO 2 , NICO)

What do you guys think of this game? Its no way a direct sequel of ico but it borrows so heavily from it such as art style, and the boy saves girl kinda theme. It looks extremlely well done, and in a way im kinda happy there wasnt a direct sequel to ICO. thoughts?

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Boy saves girl theme has been done many times x_x
    Support Medical Marijuana

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Dude, don't badmouth ICO around PDorr3. Trust me, I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read a little bit about it and saw a few screen shots, and it looks pretty good so far. It looks like it's going to have more of an emphasis on battle rather than puzzle solving, but if anyone can make saving a princess and battling giant robots original it's the Ico people. I also like how this time you have a horse companion from which you can launch yourself onto the enemies, that will make for some interesting fighting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

It looks absolutely amazing. This will be a day one purchase for me.

I think the puzzle solving quota set by ICO will be well met. Apparently you cannot just fight the Colossus and instead have to climb it and attack it strategically over a series of events.

As for a sequel to ICO, I doubt even NICO would/will be a direct sequel. I'd imagine it would further the mythos around Ico and his world. I'd love to see a game that would explain Yorda's imprisonment or why the villagers had to sacrifice the horned children to the dark queen.

And PDorr3, I've posted many things about ICO here on the forums, and I certainly wouldn't boil it down to a "boy saves girl" theme. There's something much more honest and complex in Ico's and Yorda's relationship than that. Certainly no princess in the castle kind of clichés.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bringing this topic back from the dead, have any of you seen the recent screens and videos? all I gotta say is that if this game is released this year, its definitly GotY! amazing!

on another note, wanda is a boy, in the translations the japanese name is more like "wonderer" or "wonder", interesting.

Hopfuly this time around sony will supply some GOOD box art so their game sells!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ExistingLemon

Although I own the original ICO, I tried it, and did not like the controls very much. I'm not saying that it's a bad game at all--I can respect the graphics VERY much.

Now, after having seen screenshots from Wanda, I must say, this game looks even more beautiful than the original ICO. I am a bit worried, though, that there will be lengthy sequences in Wanda where you have to ride your horse to the next big boss thingy, kind of like sailing in Zelda: Windwaker.
    Egbert, I miss you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Querjek
    Although I own the original ICO, I tried it, and did not like the controls very much. I'm not saying that it's a bad game at all--I can respect the graphics VERY much.

Now, after having seen screenshots from Wanda, I must say, this game looks even more beautiful than the original ICO. I am a bit worried, though, that there will be lengthy sequences in Wanda where you have to ride your horse to the next big boss thingy, kind of like sailing in Zelda: Windwaker.
    about the control issue, I can see where you may be coming from, its just a bare bones game in terms of actual controls, but I'm fine with them.

As not alot of gameplay AT ALL has been reveiled yet for wanda, I wouldent expect them to make you ride the horse too much, I'm thinking more along the lines of epona in OoT, becuase you can call it whenever you wish. Also the horse is going to play a big role in fighting the giants. I'm expecting the game to be 5-7 hours in length.