Thread: Bad luck yesterday, but very good luck today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bad luck yesterday, but very good luck today!

My PC fried yesterday and I was absolutely miserable. So, today I decided to use my day off to try to find and buy myself a DS. It was looking pretty bad with finding one anywhere in NJ at 10am this morning. I called everywhere, and of course nobody had them or had any idea when they would be getting them again. So, I decided to try calling a bunch of places in NYC in hopes of finding one. I called one Circuit City, and the woman said they just sold their last one 15 minutes before I called! Then, I called another (80th and Broadway) and the woman there said that they had 4 left. I basically begged her to hold one for me and I headed out. I finally got there and she had it stored behind the counter for me. I am really pleased with their customer service to say the least. I also got myself SM64, and I must say I am really impressed! The graphics in my opinion are somewhere in between the N64 and the Gamecube. A really fantastic feat for a portable I think! The sound is incredible as well. The system is charging right now and I really only had 5 minutes of playtime on the unit, so I really can't say much more than what I already have, but I am sure glad I got ahold of one!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im glad i live in a smaller town so competition wasnt as fierce. I got mine easily on launch day
    Support Medical Marijuana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's always rough (at least for me) in the NJ/NY area getting anything on launch day. You have to wake up pretty early in the morning (like before the store opens) to get something on launch, and even then you are fighting and hustling your way to the counter in hopes of picking the system up. I guess in this area it is wise to pre-order and put some money down, but I did this once and I couldn't pick up my system (PS2) on launch day because I had to work. When I went back the next day the bastards sold my system to someone else and offered to give me back my pre-order money...bah. Last system I actually got on launch day was the PS1 (pre-ordered) and before that the Genesis (just out of pure luck)... so getting systems on launch day at least for me has become somewhat of a thing of the past.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Though it's a complete zoo, the Toys R Us in Time Square had a mountain of them. I picked mine up there last week after everyone else in the city was out. The line was a bout 20 minutes, but worth the wait. Staring at the instore 5 story high ferris wheel helped pass the time while on line.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I lucked out, happened to be in Commack on launch day, and the Gamestop had a few left, so I cancelled my Eb preorder (which wouldve had me wauiting for the 2nd shipment) and bought one at Gamestop (Got a game with the money I got from cancelling the EB preorder.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah my store had around 10 of them and I picked it up a few hours into the launch day, I got myself Asphalt Urban GT, Super Mario 64 DS and Feel the Magic to go with it.

I love this baby.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope my mom snagged me one when they launched for Xmas. I told her that it would likely be gone and she wouldn't be able to find one later, but i get this feeling like she didn't. Even if she did however, I'm sure she'd pick up Madden over SMB64 for me. She has this firm belief that I really don't like "kiddie" games. So she buys me GTA, Madden, and other "adult" games which I then have to return for the latest RPG or other such good game.