any guesses how high this one will go??
    and look who the lead bidder is, Mr. Henretta himself.. as usual
    BLAST AWAY AND GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man I hate that guy. What is he doing with all of them? It's like in his basment he has a shoebox filled with 30 copies of magical chase!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think about 6 of us should find out where he lives, take a road trip, steal em all, split em up and sell the extras to whoever has been wanting to get a copy and cant because of this guy.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is he buying all these because he is trying to corner the market? That wouldn't make much sense considering all the money he would have to spend to do so. I say someone emails him and asks him what the F*$K is up?

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imanerd0011
    Is he buying all these because he is trying to corner the market? That wouldn't make much sense considering all the money he would have to spend to do so. I say someone emails him and asks him what the F*$K is up?
    thats what alot of people think hes attempting to do, im sure if you emailed him it wouldnt do any good, not even worth the time because he probably wouldn't even answer the email.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

funny thing is it's not even complete, i mean yes it's still a nice auction and has the box and manual, but this game came with the cheap plastic insert not a case

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

7 days and 15 hours and already 30 bids, and up to $255... i think we may see this one go higher than any copy has ever gone before..

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with you guys about this Andre guy - he sucks in a big way. Not sure there is anything we can do about it, except make sure he pays TOP DOLLAR every time.

Thought I would also point out - this is probably the 6th Magical Chase that has popped up in the last couple months. Anyone else notice that there have been more of these for sale than normal lately? I guess you can chalk it up to the holidays, but there are other Turbo games that havent been seen for sale or on ebay for many, many months.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

definitly has been more lately... for the last couple years you'd see maybe 2-3 losse magical chases a year... already this year, we've seen 3 complete and 1 sealed magical chase amongst probably 6-7 losse copies. this year has been good to ya if you've been looking for a copy. btw $255 ain't bad yet. I'd suspect this copy to go around $400....The box for this is such a bitch to find it does usually double the price of the game.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Herreta is definitely trying to scoop as many as he can up so they'll be worth more in the long run. All I know is that I hope marioallstar wins.

GO Marty!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon Fight
    Herreta is definitely trying to scoop as many as he can up so they'll be worth more in the long run. All I know is that I hope marioallstar wins.

GO Marty!
    Honestly, if he's trying to scoop them up only via ebay just so that they will be worth more in the long run doesn't make any sense. Production run for this game is unkown but for him to make a real dent in the market value of this game, he would have to have a majority of the production run.

Let's just guesstimate that the productio run is in the upper thousands for this game. He would be searching for years on ebay to get a majority share of this game. I am assuming ebay is his only tool, but there are other outlets to get games...pawn shops, thrift stores, swap meets, garage sales....

Yeah, it's rare, and it may be a better bet to search ebay than a yard sale, but doesn't anyone remember the Circus Lido fiasco? If there is a warehouse full of them laying somewhere, which I do highly doubt but you never know, he's just throwing his money out the window. Think about it. Looking at what he's won before, he's paying sometimes 1.5 to 2 times the value for this game in incomplete forms, only to what?...Re-sell to POSSIBLY get his money back. Not even make any profit.

The principle to make any profit in the buying and selling of goods & services is to what......buy low, sell high. In this case, sell for more than what you paid. So I don't really know what Andre is trying to accomplish....
    There Can Be Only One!
    ---AWESOME TRADERS---
    maxlords, vintagegamecrazy, [-Sentinel-], Rugal, vision89, stargate, gamergary, Nick, Zmweasel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I was an active seller in the D&D / LoTR PnP RPGs there was a guy who would bid on EVERY auction for a few specfiic items. He would place the same bid on all of them, raising the price of the items. Basically he was trying to control the market, but it didn't work exactly. He got people pissed at him because he raised the cost of the item. What we found out is that he was using some program that caluclated the average sell price of the item, then he bid just under the average. This caused the average to go up, and eventually he just gave up after he raised the average to ungodly levels.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhiohki

GO Marty!
    Honestly, if he's trying to scoop them up only via ebay just so that they will be worth more in the long run doesn't make any sense. Production run for this game is unkown but for him to make a real dent in the market value of this game, he would have to have a majority of the production run.

Let's just guesstimate that the productio run is in the upper thousands for this game. He would be searching for years on ebay to get a majority share of this game. I am assuming ebay is his only tool, but there are other outlets to get games...pawn shops, thrift stores, swap meets, garage sales....

Yeah, it's rare, and it may be a better bet to search ebay than a yard sale, but doesn't anyone remember the Circus Lido fiasco? If there is a warehouse full of them laying somewhere, which I do highly doubt but you never know, he's just throwing his money out the window. Think about it. Looking at what he's won before, he's paying sometimes 1.5 to 2 times the value for this game in incomplete forms, only to what?...Re-sell to POSSIBLY get his money back. Not even make any profit.

The principle to make any profit in the buying and selling of goods & services is to what......buy low, sell high. In this case, sell for more than what you paid. So I don't really know what Andre is trying to accomplish....
    I never said it made any sense, but I'm sure thats what he is doing. He's trying to get multiple copies of this game and hope thats there's a long drought of them on ebay. Then he'll unload 2 a year or so and make money back. Of course I don't think this will ever happen. It is a rare game, easily the rarest in the TG16 library, but there will never be a large drought of it, imo.

Strawberry (Level 2) LazingBlazers's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PartsJohn

X10!!!

I have this one in my watch list, and just now saw the current price and who was the high bidder! I had to come here... but I see it's already been done.

Here's the deal on andre_henretta:

He's be bidding on Magical Chases as long as I've been buying games on eBay... and that dates back over 4 years. He's been winning them on a regular basis, too. Look at his feedback. He just won a LOOSE one from gupster2 for $460. $460!!! LOOSE!!!

There is only one thing that you can do to stop this:

BLOCK HIM. I did. There will never be any of that insane mumbo jumbo on any of my auctions.

I now speculate that he's building a huge Magical Case TurboChip out of a bunch of regular sized Magical Chase TurboChips. Maybe it is for his Magical Chase Amusement Park that I once speculated that he was building. Or maybe he's building a giant scoreboard from Magical Chase games to use when he sets the world record high score for playing his 37 copies of Magical Chase simultaneously?

Let me know what you think.

Also, 3 or 4 years ago Magical Chase was easy to find on eBay... once a month plus... between $75 and $100. Maybe there are more popping out of peoples' closets, or the old buyers are now selling? Just a thought.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GO Marty!

I know one thing. If I lose to this guy he is getting a nasty email from me, I hate hoarders so badly.
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Typing the ebay ID into google yields a listing from another game site:

Andre Henretta andre_henretta@hotmail.com Greensboro, NC Turbografx-16, TG-16 CD & Sega Master System

Tried to look up the phone number using that info - no luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PartsJohn

Quote Originally Posted by stuffedmonkey
    Typing the ebay ID into google yields a listing from another game site:

Andre Henretta andre_henretta@hotmail.com Greensboro, NC Turbografx-16, TG-16 CD & Sega Master System

Tried to look up the phone number using that info - no luck
    Yeah, I saw that too a while ago. I figured maybe he had a website or something. May be none of my business, but that might be going too far. Even people with strange peculiarities can do what they want to, but that's just my view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LazingBlazers

BLOCK HIM. I did. There will never be any of that insane mumbo jumbo on any of my auctions.
    If you were a seller of this game why in the world would you want to block him from bidding? It seems like all he does is raise the selling price of the game. Block him? If I had a copy that I was selling on eBay I'd probably email him to let him know and hopefully get him involved in the bidding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PartsJohn

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Quote Originally Posted by LazingBlazers

If you were a seller of this game why in the world would you want to block him from bidding? It seems like all he does is raise the selling price of the game. Block him? If I had a copy that I was selling on eBay I'd probably email him to let him know and hopefully get him involved in the bidding.
    Yeah, sounds kind of stupid, hey? But some peoples' money just isn't any good to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure I agree with the "raising demand" theory. At some point, the game is going to get too expensive for most people to buy it. If this guy reaches that point, he's going to have to start unloading them for less than he paid. He might make a few bucks, but his buying/selling should be like a parabolic curve. He pays more and more to buy and hoard the games. When he first starts selling them, he'll get a lot, but as he releases more, the average price he gets will fall. He might make a few bucks off the whole deal, but he'd make more money off the interest of that money in a savings account. My guess is that he's some eccentric lotto winner who just wants to own them all. So far his resources seem unlimited, and unless he's using a fake account or selling them at a business, he hasn't released any of the ones he's hoarding. He's just going to drive up the coast, gloat, and sit back in his chair made out of Magical Chases.