Thread: Classic Flash Carts for Snes , Genesis, SMS, etc

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Classic Flash Carts for Snes , Genesis, SMS, etc

Has anyone else seen these.

They are Newly released Flash Carts for a lot of the 8bit and 16 bit systems. Kind of expensive but easier than buying older copiers for the systems.

http://www.gbax.com/new/retrohack.html

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.tototek.com/

Gbax is one of their distributors. As soon as I get some extra cash I will be buying some of these. I love this type of stuff.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I own the 64Mb Genesis one. It works pretty well for Genesis games, I've found a few that don't work but for the most part it works well. I've had mixed results on 32X games. About half of the ones i've tried didn't work, of course that could be attributed to the ROMs themselves I suppose.

I personally wouldn't order anything from Tototek again, unless I was really desperate or a gambling man. When I ordered my card it took over a month to get and the entire time the guy would not answer my e-mails (a common story, if you read his forums). Recently he lost his entire user database and lost everyone's order. Tototek gets some good and interesting items from time to time, but as far as businesses go he's pretty unreliable.

GBAX is a reliable seller and Craig has done a lot of business for the GP32 community. If I were buying something from him however, I would research it first. Some of his descriptions are misleading (his GP32 description has a few very misleading portions, which I feel he leaves in just to sell more units). As far as payments and shipping goes, I believe him to be very reliable.

One last thought ... those SNES flash cards are pretty high. Several console copiers have been posted in the B&S forum here for $50 recently.

Ok, two last thoughts. If you buy one of these, be prepared to fiddle with it for a while to get it to work. I couldn't get the cradle to work on 1 of my 3 PC's, and I couldn't get the software to run on another one, which left one machine that it actually works on. The actual process of flashing/erasing the cards is very simple -- it's the getting it to work part that was a pain.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been thinking about getting one of these devices for awhile now. One of the only reasons that I actually have a large collection of cartridges is because I want to see the games in RGB, and that isn't possible with Roms and Emulators.

Say what you will about all the various video modes for emulators and stuff, but "true" rgb output is always superior in my opinion.

Thus being a big fan of the TurboGrafx-16, Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo, I have a large collection of carts for these 3 systems, and the main reason I do is to be able to play them on the real system hooked up to my RGB monitor.

I do enjoy the convience of playing those systems on my modded XBOX through emulation, but nothing beats the "real' controller and a "real" rgb picture.

If I had these devices, and knew how to use them properly, I guess I could get rid of all my carts. My wife would certainly love that.

My brother goes to Hong Kong quite often, about 4 times or more per year, but he doesn't know a damn thing about video games. I told him about these things, and could he pick one up for me, but he's kinda clueless about it. I think I'm going to need to print out a bunch of pictures and stuff that he can take to Hong Kong with him to see if they have these things for a decent price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My question would be: can you put on your own add on chips (ie Super FX)?
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them